Author Topic: bands that SHOULD retire? definitely!  (Read 10991 times)

walkonby

bands that SHOULD retire? definitely!
« on: August 24, 2007, 01:11:00 pm »
blues traveler (the fatness brought the sound)

gwar (the once was magic is long gone)

2-pac (you're dead dude, stop releasing albums)

korn (sorry guys, the band is falling away, and your lastest album really shows the age of the band)

bnyced0

Re: bands that SHOULD retire? definitely!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 01:16:00 pm »
Jimmys Chicken Shack

All rap artists not from one of the five boroughs of New York City or West of Nevada

The Family (my mom & dad, a band way past their prime and should hang it up)     :D

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 01:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
  Jimmys Chicken Shack

seriously. i'm so sick of being asked if i want to go to see jimi haha. every other day... please for the love of god.
nothx

TheDirector217

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 01:26:00 pm »
  All rap artists not from one of the five boroughs of New York or West of Nevada

You're buggin' right???? I wouyld expect that someone else on the board, but not you B.  You're an educated hip-hop fan.  

Ever heard of this little group called OutKast???

8Ball & M.J.G.???

Scarface, maybe???

T.I.???

UGK????

Nah, none of 'em are anything special.  Just 4 certified legends & one dude who seems well of his way . . . You disappoint me, B.

bnyced0

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 01:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:

All rap artists not from one of the five boroughs of New York or West of Nevada

You're buggin' right???? I wouyld expect that someone else on the board, but not you B.  You're an educated hip-hop fan.  

Ever heard of this little group called OutKast???

8Ball & M.J.G.???

Scarface, maybe???

T.I.???

UGK????

Nah, none of 'em are anything special.  Just 4 certified legends & one dude who seems well of his way . . . You disappoint me, B. [/b]
Sorry, we're from slightly different generations and I'm not feelin any of those cats you mentioned.  

I remember when Hip Hop was the Black CNN, the shit coming from GA, TX, FL, MO, and everywhere else is like the Black Home Shopping Network.

I don't mind a boast here and there, but what about some relevant issues, angst about the condition of our cities, education system, morale decay?  

All this shit about big asses, rims, jewelry, just doesn't compute with me.  Might be showing my age, but shit is shit, and although not everybody from NYC, and CAli are doing much better these days I don't understand WTF these clowns in the rest of the country are talking about.

Westside!  :cool:

Lively One

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 01:34:00 pm »
That's funny.  I never liked Chicken Shack before when 8-10 years ago my friends all tried to get me into them.  Now, after giving them a chance finally, they have grown on me. Their shows are actually quite fun.  I don't think they should retire at all.  

Any band (whether we like them or not) who still has the passion to create music should continue to do so.  You don't have to listen if you don't want to.  I'm sure there are plenty of die-hards that still want to hear them play.  Besides, their drummer is a beast!

ggw

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 01:43:00 pm »
Smashing Pumpkins

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 01:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:

Jimmys Chicken Shack

seriously. i'm so sick of being asked if i want to go to see jimi haha. every other day... please for the love of god. [/b]
I turned up seeing them either last weekend or the weekend before, I forget. Someone asked me to go to this restaurant, Capital Ale House, and when we got there, JCS was playing. It was so infuriating.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 01:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Smashing Pumpkins
Their live show still completely kills and packs the house. If the fans like it, as clearly we do by buying up tons of tickets, then why should anyone else care?

This is kinda a stupid topic, because I'm sure the same applies for most bands mentioned.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 01:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:

Originally posted by miss pretentious:

Jimmys Chicken Shack

seriously. i'm so sick of being asked if i want to go to see jimi haha. every other day... please for the love of god. [/b]
I turned up seeing them either last weekend or the weekend before, I forget. Someone asked me to go to this restaurant, Capital Ale House, and when we got there, JCS was playing. It was so infuriating. [/b]
trying living in the same city as him - now that's infuriating.

he's at acme some nights, federal house some nights, armadillo's some nights. whiskey 1803 some nights. ugh ugh ugh.
nothx

bnyced0

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 01:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by Lively One:
  That's funny.  I never liked Chicken Shack before when 8-10 years ago my friends all tried to get me into them.  Now, after giving them a chance finally, they have grown on me. Their shows are actually quite fun.  I don't think they should retire at all.  

Any band (whether we like them or not) who still has the passion to create music should continue to do so.  You don't have to listen if you don't want to.  I'm sure there are plenty of die-hards that still want to hear them play.  Besides, their drummer is a beast!
Well I was only partially serious, as this isn't really a serious topic, people retire when they're worn out or in the case of musicians when people stop showing up for their shows or buying their discs.  

Everyone can and should do whatever the hell they want for a living, and I'm ok with that I can control my own situation to avoid what I don't like, but they are taking up valuable space on the calendars of venues in the area.  

But if we can quarantine them to Annapolis, then I'm good with that.  ;)

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 01:57:00 pm »
   But if we can quarantine them to Annapolis, then I'm good with that.    ;)  
Damn you. I've already got one who should retire... I don't want ALL of the shit.
nothx

amnesiac

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 01:57:00 pm »
Beastie Boys

walkonby

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 02:03:00 pm »
van halen (david's voice is lost, and the wolfgang album/credit debacle killed the image)

dead kennedys (if jello comes back, then all is good)

nin (the last album; need we say more?)

sonickteam2

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 02:15:00 pm »
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS!