Author Topic: Eels  (Read 6428 times)

SPARX

Re: Eels
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2003, 05:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by bags:

I'm thinking most of you are up in front kind of folks at a show.
I'm more of a few steps back and to the left,closer to the bar ya know.

Bags

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2003, 05:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

So do y'all really know each other, out in life and all?  Pretty interesting...  

And then there are the others. The ones who are the next best thing to lurkers. They read, they post, they even sometimes come to the same shows but they are too scared to meet up with the big bad boarders.     :D       :D

thirsty moore

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2003, 05:50:00 pm »
Don't worry Bags, I was afraid of all the nudity and rituals at first but once you get all doped up it becomes fun!

Guiny

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2003, 05:55:00 pm »
Well Markie i'll be sure and wander towards your voice at The Eel's concert. Then again i'll probably just hang out at the bar like i usually do. Nothin' beats turning around and ordering a beer rather then fighting thru the crowd towards the bar and then right back out to thru the crowd again.

Originally posted by markie:

So do y'all really know each other, out in life and all?  Pretty interesting...  

A lot of us met up together about a year or so ago.

On this thread I have not met Guiny, you or Sparx, that I know of.

Most people on here are very nice. Coldn't have hoped to have met a nicer lot of people. [/b]

Bags

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2003, 05:56:00 pm »
As for show placement, I'm never up front anymore.  Now I hang about 2/3s of the way back, center (room for dancing), or upstairs.  Depends on how into the band I am, and which friends I'm with, as they all have their own preferences as well.  I go to so many shows, I usually go with the flow.

So look for me -- my whole posse of concert compadres tend to dance (not in a nerdy way, of course).  And thank goodness I'm kind of tall for a chick!    ;)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2003, 05:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  Don't worry Bags, I was afraid of all the nudity and rituals at first but once you get all doped up it becomes fun!
hey who started blabing about my parties...  those non-disclosure forms aren't a joke!
T.Rex

Jaguär

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2003, 06:05:00 pm »
And that knife doesn't really even hurt anymore after the first slice.   ;)

Bags

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2003, 06:26:00 pm »
You know though, you've got me thinking (rarely a good thing).  For those of us who haven't met all the regular boardies, if you just went by what you know from here, who would you *want* to see naked??

Hmmm.

Barcelona

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2003, 07:17:00 pm »
I think I won't be there. I remember buying the Daisies of the Galaxy album and selling it after a few days. I am aware of all the good reviews they got about the first album, though, so I might have to investigate that one.

paige

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2003, 07:36:00 pm »
  You know though, you've got me thinking (rarely a good thing).  For those of us who haven't met all the regular boardies, if you just went by what you know from here, who would you *want* to see naked??

Hmmm.
i would want to see myself naked. because i can. so easily. and i'm so irresistible. yeah, right.  :p

nkotb

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2003, 09:07:00 pm »
Thirsty, without a doubt...

Hmmm.

thirsty moore

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2003, 09:51:00 am »
I had forgotten you were blindfolded that evening.

Originally posted by nkotb:

Sir HC

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2003, 09:55:00 am »
I usually hang towards the back, by the mixing board.  Heck, if that is where the person mixing is hearing the sound, that is usually where it sounds best.  If I am tired or lazy, upstairs and get a stool.  Pretty much, if you are front and center it usually sounds pretty bad, no vocals and lots of instruments (unless it is Garbage where you hear nothing up there...).

nkotb

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2003, 10:00:00 am »
And seriously, try seeing through hot wax one time.  Not an easy thing...

Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  I had forgotten you were blindfolded that evening.

Originally posted by nkotb:
[/b]

Guiny

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2003, 11:04:00 am »
GARBAGE RULED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Sir HC:
  (unless it is Garbage where you hear nothing up there...).