Author Topic: Eels  (Read 6430 times)

MaLo

Re: Eels
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2003, 12:11:00 pm »
i might go to this show depending on money...think tickets will sell out before hand??

Jaguär

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2003, 12:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by bags:
  You know though, you've got me thinking (rarely a good thing).  For those of us who haven't met all the regular boardies, if you just went by what you know from here, who would you *want* to see naked??

Hmmm.
For art's sake.....

That Guy.

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2003, 12:25:00 pm »
Celeste. She sounds pretty hot. The Black Nerd sounded hot too, but she seems to have disappeared from the board.

You know though, you've got me thinking (rarely a good thing).  For those of us who haven't met all the regular boardies, if you just went by what you know from here, who would you *want* to see naked??

Hmmm.

Sir HC

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2003, 01:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Celeste. She sounds pretty hot. The Black Nerd sounded hot too, but she seems to have disappeared from the board.

Hmmm.
[/b]
And I always assumed that the black nerd was a guy...

Jaguär

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2003, 01:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

Hmmm.
[/b]
And I always assumed that the black nerd was a guy... [/b]
So did I.   :roll:

Guiny

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2003, 02:31:00 pm »
Me three.

ggw

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2003, 02:44:00 pm »
The Black Nerd posted a naked picture of himself.  I wasn't a biology major, but there was a certain appendage that indicated that the Black Nerd was likely a male.

Jaguär

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2003, 03:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  The Black Nerd posted a naked picture of himself.  I wasn't a biology major, but there was a certain appendage that indicated that the Black Nerd was likely a male.
Oh, yeah. Now I remember. A man who thinks that he's a woman.

Sir HC

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2003, 01:15:00 pm »
Well see y'all sunday...

jadetree

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2003, 05:04:00 pm »
http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1941053

Eels Looking Ahead To Next 'Masterpiece'

Without short-changing the recently released Eels album "Shootenanny!," band visionary Mark Everett (known as E) tells Billboard.com he's already looking forward to the group's next studio disc as being nothing short of aural perfection.

"I'm sifting through a lot of the stuff that I've recorded already and I'm just starting to plant seeds for other stuff I want to record for the next album," says Everett. "My standards are going to be very high. I feel the need to drop a masterpiece. Nothing less. This one is much more complicated." Unlike "Shootenanny!," which was recorded in 10 days, Everett says he will take his time with the next disc.

Since the band will be on the road in the U.S. through the middle of August and plans on touring internationally through the end of the year, odds are Everett won't begin recording until sometime in 2004.

Luckily, Eels are a rare group, which despite the lack of platinum success, hasn't been dropped from its major label, DreamWorks. Everett has a theory pertaining to the band's good fortune.

"In this day and age, it is sadly a rare thing for somebody to stick around this long at a major label," he says. "The same guys that run DreamWorks used to run Warner Bros. during its artistic heyday, before it all went down the crapper. They had Randy Newman, who was someone they called a 'prestige artist,' who they kind of keep around to attract other artists to the label. I might have assumed that role in their modern incarnation now, which is fine with me. I'm happy to serve whatever purpose keeps me making records, because that's all I ever want to do."

poorlulu

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2003, 05:34:00 pm »
i'm really looking forward to this show..........and it will be a real loon gathering.........yaaaaaaaay!!!

see all'y'all there...........

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2003, 01:38:00 pm »
I sam on my way from Richmond.  At least two of us coming up.  Maybe four.  See you all there!
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2003, 03:46:00 am »
What a fantastic show!  Jesus H. Christ this show was tits...  Them coming back out to do yet another encore after the show was over and the house lights were already up was totally unexpected.  It was a long drive home to Richmond but as always the trip to the 9:30 was more than worth the effort...
FUKIT

jadetree

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2003, 10:48:00 am »
The show was good and E is a great entertainer, but I think the last album lent it self better to live performances, making last years show a little better

J'Mal

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2003, 11:03:00 am »
some the antics are wearing thin.  i knew about the post-lights encore because they apparently always do it, but was just tired after a long weekend...

the "let's thrash everything" approach is also a bit much.  it's clever or interesting maybe to do one quiet song as though it's being covered by metallica, but after a while it's just a big wall of noise.  OTOH, that was a beautiful version of last stop this town.   it's a shame E wrecks so much of his work for shtick.

I like the new material.  It ain't electroshock blues but it was damn good.  overall a great show.

Did MC Honkey do anything other than look busy while they played his album?  Still fun to watch.