Author Topic: Eels  (Read 6429 times)

jadetree

Eels
« on: July 29, 2003, 01:42:00 pm »
Eels are on letterman tonight, who is heading to the show on Sunday?

nkotb

Re: Eels
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 01:56:00 pm »
Thanks for the tip.  I may be heading there, but as money and time are highly precious things to me right now, I may have to sit it out.  There just seem to be too many shows coming up lately.

Sigh, the life of a scenester isn't easy...

Originally posted by Robert Pollard:
  Eels are on letterman tonihgt, who is heading to the show on Sunday?

markie

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 01:58:00 pm »
Well I will be there as will poorlulu. I really dont get along that well with the new album, so I will be the tool shouting bus stop boxer and world of shit.

I wonder if by the time they play next I will like shootenanny enough to shout for songs off of that?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2003, 02:00:00 pm »
i should be there. . .
OU812

nkotb

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2003, 02:00:00 pm »
Yeah, the new album isn't stellar, but I think it does have it's high points...however, I can't seem to remember any song names to point to.  

But if you two are going to be there, maybe I will make the trek.  It's been a while since I've seen either of you.  

Originally posted by markie:
  Well I will be there as will poorlulu. I really dont get along that well with the new album, so I will be the tool shouting bus stop boxer and world of shit.

I wonder if by the time they play next I will like shootenanny enough to shout for songs off of that?

markie

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2003, 02:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
 [QB]
 But if you two are going to be there, maybe I will make the trek.  It's been a while since I've seen either of you.  

It has been rather a while, Lulu almost stopped talking about you its been so long.

nkotb

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2003, 02:04:00 pm »
Man, I better make it then.  And I'll try to get my hair extra squiffy.

Oh, and Venerable will be there...maybe I can't pass this up.  Sniff sniff...just like the good old days.

[QB]

It has been rather a while, Lulu almost stopped talking about you its been so long. [/b]

markie

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2003, 02:08:00 pm »
 [QB] Man, I better make it then.  And I'll try to get my hair extra squiffy.

Oh, and Venerable will be there...maybe I can't pass this up.  Sniff sniff...just like the good old days.

Yep, it should be fun....Plus my boss is away that week.

Guiny

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2003, 02:39:00 pm »
I'll be there, i have the new album so i guess now would be a good time to break it open.

Sir HC

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2003, 03:02:00 pm »
Remember to stay around after the lights are up, they do an encore at that point.

I will be there too...

SPARX

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2003, 03:28:00 pm »
 [QB] Yeah, the new album isn't stellar, but I think it does have it's high points...however, I can't seem to remember any song names to point to.  

I think Love of the Loveless is one of the better ones on the new release.Definitely not his  best  work though IMHO.

Bags

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2003, 05:26:00 pm »
So do y'all really know each other, out in life and all?  Pretty interesting...  

I'm thinking most of you are up in front kind of folks at a show.

markie

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2003, 05:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by bags:

A lot of us met up together about a year or so ago.

On this thread I have not met Guiny, you or Sparx, that I know of.

Most people on here are very nice. Coldn't have hoped to have met a nicer lot of people.

Jaguär

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2003, 05:35:00 pm »

A nice chunk of us now know each other, mostly because of this board. The group is continually growing. You should join us some evening.

Yeah, a lot of us are front and center kind of people. Not everyone though.

And then there are the others. The ones who are the next best thing to lurkers. They read, they post, they even sometimes come to the same shows but they are too scared to meet up with the big bad boarders.    :D     :p

Jaguär

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2003, 05:36:00 pm »

Most people on here are very nice. Coldn't have hoped to have met a nicer lot of people. [/b]
This is very, very true as I'm sure that most of the others will also agree with.   ;)