Author Topic: it's my party  (Read 36716 times)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
it's my party
« on: March 03, 2002, 09:41:00 am »
OK, OK, I'm back.<P>I guess enough people misinterpreted my comments in the Post that I need to sort out who I shouldn't have pissed off from who I should have.<P>I can't promise I'll get here as often as I used to, but I thought I'd give it a try.<P>so start throwing those curveballs.

beautifuldisaster

Re: it's my party
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2002, 10:42:00 am »
it is your party and i dig the parties you throw so f'em!

situtu

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2002, 01:09:00 pm »
mayor hurwitz,<P>you are truth<P>contests are truth<P>so can we have them more often.  why not give away a few more tix?  of course, not to prime time gigs, but those hard to fill ones. <BR>whaddya say?<BR>

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2002, 01:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by situtu:<BR>mayor hurwitz,<BR>contests are truth<P>I like it. I'm on it.

Cernunnos

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2002, 11:48:00 pm »
Hey, we never said we wouldn't mind free tickets to big named shows either...<BR>Welcome back Seth.  Been far to long without you posting.  And we understand if you can't pop in every five minutes, its not like you get paid to do this.  Well, I guess, since you are "the boss," you DO get paid to post if you want...

Sir HC

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2002, 10:58:00 am »
So when are you going to buy a club in Baltimore?

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2002, 12:01:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir HC:<BR><B>So when are you going to buy a club in Baltimore?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>it is REALLY hard to make money on just doing shows in Baltimore, much less owning and operating a facility<P>as a promoter, you get to just deal with the economics of that particular show. as a venue owner, there's a whole other world of issues. I have often been asked about opening clubs in other cities, but I don't think it's some formula I can duplicate elsewhere. the 930 is unique, because it's unique. and, I believe that's what people appreciate about it. at least I do.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2002, 12:05:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cernunnos:<BR><B>And we understand if you can't pop in every five minutes, its not like you get paid to do this</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>actually, I feel a certain responsibility as the owner to deal with people's concerns & questions. but that's my prerogative. I am not an elected official. the thing with the Post was that if people think they're owed this, then I need to remind them that they are not.

noFAN

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2002, 12:29:00 pm »
i strongly recommend you to have a look over at your bouncers. <P>maybe going over some conduct.<BR>definitely explaining to them where the law stops, as it certainly is not in their own hands.<P>could get pretty messy if what i witnessed continues at your club, sir.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2002, 02:07:00 pm »
STUFF I'M EXCITED ABOUT THAT NOBODY ELSE KNOWS ABOUT:<P>Bob Mould 4/17<BR>Cheb Mami 4/21<BR>Cornershop 5/11

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2002, 02:25:00 pm »
Cornershop and Bob Mould should be most excellent...<P>   I read where the Old 97's were thinking of playing some Northeast dates in the Spring. Any chance of them doing a show at the 9:30 Club in the next few months?

situtu

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2002, 04:31:00 pm »
c'mon Seth<P>how could you not be jazzed up about the surprise radiohead gig this summer?!  you know, the one they're giving us to make up for the two cancelled dates last summer.  i trust thom and the lads enjoyed themselves the last time they surprised us at the club.  <P>Do you care to enlighten us as to how that all came about by the way?  Solo Stipe, Pulp-groove, and then the head,.  i still get chills thinking of that nite.<P>if, and when, this happens again, a contest would be in order.

teledano

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2002, 04:46:00 pm »
WTF - radiohead ? <P>in the 9:30 <P>bwaahaahaa

situtu

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2002, 06:21:00 pm »
seth, <P>your silence has me wondering if there is indeed a radiohead show in the works.  or, perhaps, you have simply decided not to encourage wicked rumors.

markie

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2002, 06:25:00 pm »
Hi Seth,<P>Well I have been moaned at for posting too much and subverting threads, so here goes (again)<P>I liked your interview in the post it appears you have asense of humour, unlike a number of other people....<P><BR>Did you stand in for Robbie Williams drummer at his second gig?