Author Topic: it's my party  (Read 36721 times)

G.Love

Re: it's my party
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2002, 05:52:00 pm »
Oh, the Radiohead/Quizno's story!  <BR>Yeah it is true, but the lads in Radiohead are so anti-big corporation that they don't want the story to get out in fear of it sounding like an advertisement for Quizno's   Just like they don't want anyone to know that they love the George Foreman Grill!

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2002, 05:57:00 pm »
LOL! I can relate.<BR>

markie

« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2002, 06:05:00 pm »
I just cant quite imagine Thom using a Forman grill, a taplight maybe, but not the grill!<P>

thirsty moore

« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2002, 06:07:00 pm »
It's part of the gift bag that all bands get if they play the 930...

markie

« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2002, 06:09:00 pm »
Ha Ha,<P>Thanks Thirsty.<P>Now I know why so few bands say hello after the show. They are in the tour bus grilling and Taping their lights? Does Thom still use his Abflex?

poorlulu

« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2002, 06:10:00 pm »
right thats it im forming a band...<BR>gonna get me one of those gift bags<P>and no markie i dont need someone to play with their organ so dont offer

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2002, 06:38:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G.Love:<BR><B>so Seth, as you were saying....<P><BR>"The guys from Radiohead were really hungry...<P>...And that is how it all came about.  Pretty simple if I do say so myself!!!  Just call me a genius!"</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>now THAT was funny<P>much better than my story, I assure you<p>[This message has been edited by Seth Hurwitz (edited 03-07-2002).]

beautifuldisaster

« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2002, 08:36:00 pm »
off the subject.....since you are the big cheese and i have asked chadboy over at contact930 with no reply and even in the forum (no info given) can you please tell me if mute records is correct in stating that old nick cave tickets from the postponed october show are still good for the may show at the club!!????? or else i need to get my ass out and get new tickets NOW!! thanks!<BR>p.s.  i love your parties!!!!

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2002, 09:23:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by beautifuldisaster:<BR><B>can you please tell me if mute records is correct in stating that old nick cave tickets from the postponed october show are still good for the may show</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm sorry, but they're not. you should still be able to get a refund for them, though. if you have any trouble, let us know.<P>sorry for the hassle<p>[This message has been edited by Seth Hurwitz (edited 03-07-2002).]

beautifuldisaster

« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2002, 10:13:00 pm »
thanks so much!

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2002, 08:19:00 am »
Twas The Night O'Radiohead...<P>so I get in the car with the Rocklands carryout, breathing in the barbecue air, and the phone rings.<P>"this is Brian, I'm with the band Radiohead."<P>OK<P>"what's going on at the club tonight?"<P>of course, I'm thinking, wow - they want to come hang out at the 930! but, damn! we only have a private party rental (didn't try to book anything up against the Tibet concert) and then Millenium (the all-night gay thing we used to do). oh well, maybe they'll think the gay thing is cooly alternative.<P>so I tell him, trying to make it sound like fun, and offer to set the guys up with the balcony to themselves or something like that. and then he starts asking questions like "do you still have the same monitor system from when we played the last time?" and "same crew?" and "how about security?". wait a minute. wu-wu-wu-why are you asking about stuff like that? and then he asks me a bunch more and I just stop him and say look - if Radiohead wants to play, everything will be there and ready. it's that simple.<P>and he says "yeah, they were really disappointed that they didn't get to play today and I think they might like to tonight"<P>well, hey, who are we to stop them.<P>uh-oh, what about the Millenium guys? I'm thinking of all these various deals and such that I could swap them and then I decide to just call them and explain the situation. what do you know, maybe they'll say "jeez, you can't pass up an oppurtunity like that - we'll get out of your way".<P>and then they said "jeez, you can't pass up an oppurtunity like that - we'll get out of your way"<P>to be continued...

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2002, 08:26:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir HC:<BR><B>Seth, what ever happened to Hunter?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>actually, he's back. he tried his hand at a real job but, of course, we're like the Vietnam War to a veteran (in the movies, anyway). he just had to get back in there.<P>he's married now, so you girls keep your hands off that big manly stud. I know I can't.

teledano

« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2002, 10:26:00 am »
no shiat. Seth, post more when you can. <P>Viva 9:30.

poorlulu

« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2002, 11:34:00 am »
seth 7am?  youre so rock and roll did you just get in?<BR>i refuse to believe you get up at that time<BR>that just aint right

markie

« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2002, 11:38:00 am »
Nice post Seth, thats pretty cool,<P>Stil as Poorlulu says 7.19?