Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Rumor  (Read 10347 times)

miss pretentious

• ohai.
Re: Led Zeppelin Rumor
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2007, 12:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by 6949:

Originally posted by Arthwys:
  I think it would be a bit tough for them to do a secret show tonight and then by 10 am EST be at a press conference in London.

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/31036  
It's perfect timing. They're following up their surprise show with a press conference.

Yes I am going tonight. Do I expect to be writing "I told you so" tomorrow morning? No. But one can hope. [/b]
Take your cameraaaaaa.
 Maybe Lez Zeppelin, the lesbian all-girl tribute band will be performing instead.
nothx

sonickteam2

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2007, 12:46:00 pm »

I think it would be a bit tough for them to do a secret show tonight and then by 10 am EST be at a press conference in London.

It's perfect timing.  [/b]
remind me to never let you book my travel itineraries.

sonickteam2

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2007, 12:48:00 pm »

Originally posted by le sonick:
  this thread sucks, and so does anyone who goes to a Bon Jovi concert and expects to see Led Zeppelin.

it'd be like going to a Guns N Roses concert and expecting to see..... Guns N Roses!!!!
Bon Jovi would be a little less painful than the band I'm seeing tonight. [/b]
wait, so what show are you expecting Zeppelin at?

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2007, 12:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:

It's perfect timing. They're following up their surprise show with a press conference.

Yes I am going tonight. Do I expect to be writing "I told you so" tomorrow morning? No. But one can hope. [/b]
Take your cameraaaaaa.
 Maybe Lez Zeppelin, the lesbian all-girl tribute band will be performing instead. [/b]
That would be great. I could ask them for advice on my fantasy football team.
xoxo

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2007, 12:53:00 pm »

Originally posted by miss pretentious:

Take your cameraaaaaa.
 Maybe Lez Zeppelin, the lesbian all-girl tribute band will be performing instead. [/b]
That would be great. I could ask them for advice on my fantasy football team. [/b]
Ask them about mine too.
nothx

Mobius

« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2007, 01:07:00 pm »
May also be a surprise appearance from Dread Zeppelin

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2007, 01:35:00 pm »
Your fantasy footballs teams are fine.  It's the first week!  You're bitching around like a bunch of men.

It's really fabulous, 6949...all those fried foods...maybe they'll play "Don't Ask Me No Questions."  It's really great.  I was there on Friday.  Met Willie Nelson.

Brian

« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2007, 03:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
  Your fantasy footballs teams are fine.  It's the first week!  You're bitching around like a bunch of men.

It's really fabulous, 6949...all those fried foods...maybe they'll play "Don't Ask Me No Questions."  It's really great.  I was there on Friday.  Met Willie Nelson.

Brian
1. You're just being sexist. Women know more about bitching than a "bunch of men" ever will.

2. Give me your cell and I'll call you when they play "don't ask me no questions."  Sorry if you hear some noise in the background, that's just me chewing on all those deep fried foods.
xoxo

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2007, 03:13:00 pm »

Brian
1. You're just being sexist. Women know more about bitching than a "bunch of men" ever will.

2. Give me your cell and I'll call you when they play "don't ask me no questions."  Sorry if you hear some noise in the background, that's just me chewing on all those deep fried foods. [/b]
I'm a bit of Luddite.  I don't have a cell phone.  But I always see you and Miss Pretentious as the erudite chroniclers of 21-century, post-modern American life.

Therefore, if you have a cell phone camera you HAVE to take some pictures of the ambiance.  Think of it as a art school project.  Be on your guard, the proles don't take well to patronization.

There's a carny wearing a stained Toby Keith shirt with your name on it.

And your tour dates.

Brian

TheDirector217

« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2007, 03:16:00 pm »
 maybe they'll play "Don't Ask Me No Questions."  It's really great.  I was there on Friday.  Met Willie Nelson.

Brian
So you met Willie & got high.

So what I wanna know is what's the explanation for all your other posts BEFORE Friday????

:D  

The Dierectour
 (Britpop Version)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2007, 09:53:00 am »
sooooooooo... how was "stairway to heaven" last night?
<sig>

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2007, 10:09:00 am »
Did this happen?
Woof.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2007, 10:25:00 am »
nope, otherwise it would have been all over the news.  too bad.  my heart goes out to those who sat through a skynyrd show in hopes of something good :-/
<sig>

« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2007, 10:54:00 am »
On the ride up I heard Led Zep on the radio. I get to the show and someone is wearing a Led Zep t-shirt. Hmmmm. Part of me thought maybe it could happen.

Once in the grandstand I looked around and wondered how many others were there because they heard the rumor. I thought surely all these people wouldn't pay just to see LynSkyn.  Then I took a closer looked at them and realized that was exactly who they were there to see.

The York experience was incredible. I was supposed to pay for admission to the fair (not included in the tix) but the old grizzly guy at the gate thought I was cute so he let me in. I didn't have to show ID to pick up my tickets, they just trust people. They're country y'all.

When Brian mentioned fried foods (above) I thought there's no way in hell I'm eating that.  But I couldn't pass up a dinner of pumpkin funnel cake. Water was only $1.  

I never considered myself to be a snob until last night when I concluded that I had the most expensive outfit on in the grandstand.  

The show was ok. The best part was that there was no opening band. It was incredible. I can't remember the last time that I went to see a band and didn't have to listen to at least one opener.
xoxo

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2007, 12:28:00 pm »
sorry to hear it didn't pan out... tell me, at a Skynyrd show, do people yell out "FREEBIIIIRD!"?

in other zep news, at their upcoming (and confirmed) O2 Arena show they will be supported by The Who's Pete Townshend, ex-Rolling Stone Bill Wyman, Foreigner and Paolo Nutini.  good luck getting tickets tho.
<sig>