Author Topic: The Olympic Thread  (Read 6428 times)

sonickteam2

The Olympic Thread
« on: August 16, 2004, 10:12:00 am »
Since i spent most of the weekend (and will spend most of the next two weeks) watching the Olypmics, i thought we'd have a thread for it and i dont see one yet.

A couple thoughts I have..

1. the US Olypmic basketball team is a digrace.

2. the United States claim baseball to be "America's Pastime" except you cant even qualify for the Olympics in it?

3. Badminton is cool.

4. Canada really sucks at summer sports.

anyone else?

ratioci nation

Re: The Olympic Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 10:14:00 am »
for some reason watching water polo does not seem that bad at 1:30 in the morning

mankie

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 10:15:00 am »
After the disgraceful nationalistic coverage in this country during the last Olympics I have absolutely no interest in it this time round.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 10:16:00 am »
I really like the swimming.

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 10:17:00 am »
The Olympics are a pile of shit, and I'm not watching.

There's not even a single player from Greece on the Greek baseball team.

Isn't there an American guy coaching Russia or some other foreign basketball team?

Why do we have to have a goon like Alan Iverson representing us?

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 10:20:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  The Olympics are a pile of shit, and I'm not watching.

There's not even a single player from Greece on the Greek baseball team.

Isn't there an American guy coaching Russia or some other foreign basketball team?

Why do we have to have a goon like Alan Iverson representing us?
ok, how about everyone but Rhett voice thier thoughts.  Rhetts sound like some tobacco chewing, gun toting Dale Earnhardt fan standing in line at Wal-Mart somewhere.

and yes, China's B-ball coach is American. So is Austrailia's gymnastics coach, cant figure that out yet.

nkotb

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 10:20:00 am »
It is disgusting that American news corporation would focus their attention on Americans competing in the Olympics.  What a disgrace.

Originally posted by Bollocks:
  After the disgraceful nationalistic coverage in this country during the last Olympics I have absolutely no interest in it this time round.

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 10:21:00 am »
Originally posted by nkotbie:
  It is disgusting that American news corporation would focus their attention on Americans competing in the Olympics.  What a disgrace.

[/b]
:)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 10:25:00 am »
after watching the opening ceremony's bob costas has become a PILS... Putz I'd Like to Slap
T.Rex

mankie

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004, 10:27:00 am »

[/b]
I was waiting for some doodle to come up with a response like that, thank you.

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2004, 10:29:00 am »
 I was waiting for some doodle to come up with a response like that, thank you.
good to see you back mank!

but do you really want to watch a bunch of chubby British girls try to synchronize dive? or how about those slippery Canuck swimmers who finish 7th in the qualifying heats!  

at least the Americans win medals

jkeisenh

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2004, 10:30:00 am »
personally, the corporate bullsh*t turns me off.  I mean, have y'all heard about how people carrying a Pepsi won't be allowed into events, since Coke paid so much for their sponsorship?  If you're wearing the wrong logo on your shirt you may be asked to wear it inside out, too.

That's what I call games about peace and love.

whatever.

nkotb

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2004, 10:31:00 am »
Mankie, it's just ridiculous.  What do you honestly expect?  You are in AMERICA.  Should this surprise you?  When have our news agencies given any attention to world events that didn't directly involve our interests?  

[/b]
I was waiting for some doodle to come up with a response like that, thank you. [/b]

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2004, 10:33:00 am »
I think the Olympics would be better if if everyone played in the nude, as it was originally. Well, except for maybe the women weightlifters should remain clothed.

sonickteam2

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2004, 10:34:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  I think the Olympics would be better if if everyone played in the nude, as it was originally. Well, except for maybe the women weightlifters should remain clothed.
and the fencers.