Author Topic: security in the pit?  (Read 31326 times)

ChokingVictim

security in the pit?
« on: August 18, 2004, 07:04:00 pm »
when did this happen?  all i know is last night, i got grabbed multiple times by some asshole security guard in the pit.  what?  is he scared a small girl is going to hurt the 200+lbs guys in there?  seriously 930...when did you get so gh3y?  
 xox  :mad:

eddie

• Global Moderator
Re: security in the pit?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 07:36:00 pm »
Which doorstapher was it?

ChokingVictim

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 07:55:00 pm »
some douche with a bandana.  i think he was having a powertrip or something.  but seriously...when has a small girl become a threat in the pit?  &also...he doesn't need to be grabbing that fucking hard.  i have bruises on my sides&my best friend, who is also a girl, has bruises on her arm.  i hope the next girl he grabs racks him as hard as she can.
 xox

andyrichter

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 09:28:00 pm »
were you the girl with red hair?  yea i think i saw the security dude or dudes in the pit.  i've seen em before in the pit at some shows i've been to but they usually seem to let people mosh without interfering unless some jerk is really getting out of hand.

ChokingVictim

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 01:47:00 am »
nah, i didn't have red hair, sorry man.  but yeah, what the hell...i highly doubt that i was "out of control" or hurting anyone.  i got hit in the head multiple times really hard, but i didn't see those guys get pulled out.  whatever, it's lame as hell.  i doubt i'll ever go to another show there again until they stop being retarded.  that sucks though, it was my favorite place to go see shows.
 xox

Driveway

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 09:52:00 am »
file a complaint, if enough people do, hopefully he'll get his ass fired or maybe even legal trouble...  I remember when I was at the Hum show back in 1998, I picked up a setlist that was dangeling off the stage and some ass hole security gaurd almost pulled my arm out of my socket.  first off, i don't know why i couldn't have it, secondly, if there was a legit reason why i couldn't have it, he could have just tapped me on the shoulder or something...

jkeisenh

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 09:58:00 am »
you know, small people are just as threatening to staph as big people are... whereas big people are likely to hurt others, small people are likely to get hurt, and staph is responsible for both not happening.  

just food for thought.

saco

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 10:01:00 am »
Originally posted by DriveWay:
  I remember when I was at the Hum show back in 1998, I picked up a setlist that was dangeling off the stage and some ass hole security gaurd almost pulled my arm out of my socket.  first off, i don't know why i couldn't have it, secondly, if there was a legit reason why i couldn't have it, he could have just tapped me on the shoulder or something...
Grabbing something off a stage that isnt yours...

Of course he should have handled it differently, but regardless, as innocent as you may think it sounds, it aint your property.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 10:16:00 am »
moshing is dumb.  Why do people still do it?
_\|/_

Guiny

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 10:20:00 am »
Well usually when I went to moshing shows, they've always had someone outside the pit watching, I've never had any problems with them or seeing them get out of line. It's a pit, if you go in it, theres a chance your gonna get hurt. If they interfere, then chances are they might get run into also. Just let the kids mosh in peace.   :)

mankie

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 10:30:00 am »
What does gh3y mean?

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2004, 10:53:00 am »
Originally posted by Bollocks:
  What does gh3y mean?
Go ask your mother.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2004, 11:05:00 am »
I think it's some kind of mosher slang.

alt.dc.music
_\|/_

mankie

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2004, 11:06:00 am »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:

Originally posted by Bollocks:
  What does gh3y mean?
Go ask your mother. [/b]
I did, she said ask Dupek.

sonickteam2

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2004, 11:18:00 am »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
  moshing is dumb.  Why do people still do it?
i think young people still do it.  which it seems none of use can relate to anymore!  :)

moshing used to be ok, when people werent out to act all tough.

i cant do it anymore though

1. Radiohead has no mosh pits

2. Last time i moshed at a Dropkick Murphy's show in Boston, I hurt for 3 days!!!!