Author Topic: security in the pit?  (Read 33463 times)

Guiny

Re: security in the pit?
« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2004, 04:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:
  This thread is the best Friday time-waster we've had in months.
Glad I could be part of it. Where ya been Skeeter?

Guiny

« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2004, 04:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by saco:
  Here it is:   http://www.maineindoorkarting.com

Who ever owns this is going to make a FORTUNE if they do it right; and it appears they are.  Brillant.  The market in Maine for this kind of entertainment is huge, especially in the winter.  
 I think NASCAR rivals the Patriots in terms of fan interest up there.   Go Ricky Craven..
Yup, thats it. I went in December and there was at least a ten heat wait limit. You have to wear the helmet and if your not tall enough you have to wear a race suit. I just wore a heavy sweat shirt. You should definetely check it out next time your up there. They blow the funtown race track off the map!!!!!!!!!

saco

« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2004, 04:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Here it is:    http://www.maineindoorkarting.com  

Who ever owns this is going to make a FORTUNE if they do it right; and it appears they are.  Brillant.  The market in Maine for this kind of entertainment is huge, especially in the winter.  
 I think NASCAR rivals the Patriots in terms of fan interest up there.   Go Ricky Craven..
Yup, thats it. I went in December and there was at least a ten heat wait limit. You have to wear the helmet and if your not tall enough you have to wear a race suit. I just wore a heavy sweat shirt. You should definetely check it out next time your up there. They blow the funtown race track off the map!!!!!!!!! [/b]
You and I both know the only reason to go to Funtown is the Astrosphere..

http://www.funtownsplashtownusa.com/funtown/astrosphere.htm

Guiny

« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2004, 04:15:00 pm »

Here it is:     http://www.maineindoorkarting.com  

Yup, thats it. I went in December and there was at least a ten heat wait limit. You have to wear the helmet and if your not tall enough you have to wear a race suit. I just wore a heavy sweat shirt. You should definetely check it out next time your up there. They blow the funtown race track off the map!!!!!!!!! [/b]
You and I both know the only reason to go to Funtown is the Astrosphere..

http://www.funtownsplashtownusa.com/funtown/astrosphere.htm [/b]
Ok, whats the music they play. It sounds like Pink Floyd. Maybe its nothing and is just made up. But as a kid, that weak ass roller coaster was pretty scary!!!!!!!

saco

« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2004, 04:21:00 pm »
 Ok, whats the music they play. It sounds like Pink Floyd. Maybe its nothing and is just made up. But as a kid, that weak ass roller coaster was pretty scary!!!!!!!

No, its a real song from the 70's.  You can still hear it occasionally on your favorite local Clear Channel classic rock station.  There is a link to a sad muzak version on that website.  But they play the original inside the ride.  

I'll see if anyone else recognizes it (if anyone else is still following our conversation that is) before I give it away.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2004, 04:29:00 pm »
   Where ya been Skeeter?
I've been around.  Just laying low. Counting the seconds until I go home.

Guiny

« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2004, 04:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:

Where ya been Skeeter?
I've been around.  Just laying low. Counting the seconds until I go home. [/b]
I hear ya, only a one day weekend here though. Then I'll be counting the seconds on Sunday for Friday night to get here.

Guiny

« Reply #157 on: August 20, 2004, 04:40:00 pm »

No, its a real song from the 70's.  You can still hear it occasionally on your favorite local Clear Channel classic rock station.  There is a link to a sad muzak version on that website.  But they play the original inside the ride.  

I'll see if anyone else recognizes it (if anyone else is still following our conversation that is) before I give it away.
How could anyone NOT listen to this exciting Maine theme park conversation?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2004, 04:40:00 pm »

That's most definately an ELO song, though I can't remember the name.

I don't know what's sadder...that i'm still following this thread or that I know who that song is by,

« Reply #159 on: August 20, 2004, 04:44:00 pm »
Fire on High

Originally posted by chaz:

That's most definately an ELO song, though I can't remember the name.

I don't know what's sadder...that i'm still following this thread or that I know who that song is by, [/b]

saco

« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2004, 04:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by chaz:

That's most definately an ELO song, though I can't remember the name. [/b]
Ding Ding Ding!  Correct.  "Fire on High" is the title.  

As children growing up in southern Maine, Rob Gee and I were lucky enough to have this ride around whenever we wanted.  Its basically a scrambler indoors.  Very dark, with scary pictures of monsters and such on the walls, and that song blaring to 11.  (Hey for a 12 yr old its damn cool)  

Many kids growing up in Maine -including yours truly - genuinely thought the ONLY reason the local rock station played the song was due to the rides popularity.

snailhook

« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2004, 04:59:00 pm »
is maine really that ass-backwards?

i guess i'm lucky i grew up in connecticut   :p

saco

« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2004, 05:03:00 pm »
As a 12 yr old SH, I didnt know shit about music...hell the first concert I saw was the Village People.

ChokingVictim

« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2004, 05:08:00 pm »
i have to say, i really didn't expect this thread to become like this.  what it's turned into, turned back into&warped itself into is truly entertaining.   :D
 xox

Bags

« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2004, 05:11:00 pm »
 Rob Gee was lucky enough to have this ride around whenever he wanted.  Its basically a scrambler indoors.  Very dark, with scary pictures of monsters and such on the walls, and that song blaring to 11.
This explains so much.....