Author Topic: security in the pit?  (Read 33462 times)

Re: security in the pit?
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2004, 05:12:00 pm »
the first concert i went to was ozzy. does that explain anything?>

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2004, 05:15:00 pm »
The first concert I ever saw was a bad Lynyrd Skynrd cover band called "Freebird."
_\|/_

Guiny

« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2004, 05:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:

Originally posted by saco:
 Rob Gee was lucky enough to have this ride around whenever he wanted.  Its basically a scrambler indoors.  Very dark, with scary pictures of monsters and such on the walls, and that song blaring to 11.

This explains so much..... [/b]
Wow Bags, your so right. Didnt even read into it the first time Saco posted it.   ;)

Bags

« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2004, 05:30:00 pm »
Are you ready?  My first concert of my own choosing was the Go Gos and Flock of Seagulls.

But, my very first concert was....Tony Orlando, without Dawn!!  UGH............

vansmack

« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2004, 05:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Sorry, It's the tropical island/Southern Cal. part of me. No, I'm not from Cali but I always wished I was and lived there for four years.
We really don't do that in So Cal.  It's all the imports who watched too much So Cal on TV that do that.  Dude.

I was purposely avoiding this thread because I thought for sure it was another "newbie got roughed up because they were doing something stupid" post and those tend to just be pissing contests.  Damn this got funny!  Sorry I missed it!

Anyhow, I've been spending my afternoon in a daze about Jennifer Garner breaking up with Michael Vartan for Ben Affleck.  These things need to stop.  He is sooo not worthy.
27>34

Bags

« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2004, 06:01:00 pm »
She's just on a constant climb up the hollywood food chain, isn't she....  Of course there's no knowing for real, but Scott Foley was the keeper in that posse.

vansmack

« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2004, 06:05:00 pm »
  She's just on a constant climb up the hollywood food chain, isn't she....  
Where, of course, Smackie is the peak......
27>34

hitman

« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2004, 03:30:00 am »

Originally posted by hitman:

Originally posted by ChokingVictim:
 it's fine, i'll drop it, but you guys are still lame as hell for having assholes in the pit.  
 xox

Normally that is all that is in a pit... [/b]
Acutally, your way off on that one. I go in the pit but I think a few board members would tell you that I'm not an asshole. [/b]
Rob, I consider you a friend because you've hooked me up in the past.  I don't think you're an asshole.  However, I will say that from all of the shows that I've been too, there is a predominance of moshers that are.  In most cases you get people in there who are just out to fuck with people and knock them on their ass to make themselves feel big.  I meant to make the generalization, but not to have you feel like I called you an asshole.

hitman

« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2004, 03:40:00 am »
Originally posted by da'niceguys:
  i hope all you big strong men have gotten that out of your system.  and i hope that choking victim's situation is all part of some big misunderstanding. and i think people who call women who they dont know bitches should either have gold teeth or be seen for what they are....assholes.
Ahhh.  Gold Teeth.  Makes me think of the old rapper Just Ice.  He had the worst teeth I'd ever seen.

Guiny

« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2004, 11:20:00 am »
  Rob, I consider you a friend because you've hooked me up in the past.  
Hitman whats up? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Doe's that mean you've been doing less shows? The comment I made wasn't meant towards me thinking you thought I was an A-Hole. I know you were making a general statement, I just wanted people to know that I often go in pits but I'm not such a bad guy. Although earlier in this thread most newbies mighta thought otherwise.

mankie

« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2004, 12:03:00 pm »
  Are you ready?  My first concert of my own choosing was the Go Gos and Flock of Seagulls.

But, my very first concert was....Tony Orlando, without Dawn!!  UGH............
The first concert I ever saw was Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel at the Apollo in Manchester.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2004, 07:35:00 pm »
can't say i miss this kind of thing.

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2004, 07:40:00 pm »
YOU GET BACK TO WORK!  How do you have time to be goofing off around here?

flawd101

« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2004, 07:43:00 pm »
haha he got in trouble.   :D

hitman

« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2004, 12:35:00 am »

Rob, I consider you a friend because you've hooked me up in the past.  
Hitman whats up? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Doe's that mean you've been doing less shows? The comment I made wasn't meant towards me thinking you thought I was an A-Hole. I know you were making a general statement, I just wanted people to know that I often go in pits but I'm not such a bad guy. Although earlier in this thread most newbies mighta thought otherwise. [/b]
Not much been going on.  I haven't been to the club in a while.  Probably the last show I went to, you probably got me the tix for.  I've been to 2 Sessions shows.  I'm thinking of hitting the Robert Randolph show, but will have to check, so I'll let you know.  School year starts next week, so I'll be back to work.  Hope all is well with you.