Author Topic: weird shit you think only you do/did  (Read 20546 times)

SalParadise

weird shit you think only you do/did
« on: September 28, 2007, 10:59:00 am »
typically when i order a combo meal from a fast food burger spot, i eat all the fries first, then the burger.. all without having taken one sip from the drink. when i'm done w/ the food, then i down the soda.

playing pickup basketball games in my younger days, whenever i got fouled (and when we were still actually taking free throws for fouls)... i would bounce the ball 2 times before my first free throw, 3 times before my second one. this was done to channel michael jordan (#23) of course.

this last one is on some rain man shit.. (i don't do this anymore)... i've always had a large cup somewhere around the "throw your keys/wallet/cell phone here" desk/table where i would also put any spare change i came home with in my pocket. then let it build up and coinstar it at the supermarket.... but i hated pennies. so before heading out for the day, i would put 4 pennies in my pocket, so if say i bought a snapple for 99 cents.. i'd give the clerk $1.04 to get the nickel back (and get rid of my pennies at the same time).

get your freak on (c) missy

walkonby

Re: weird shit you think only you do/did
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 11:03:00 am »
i don't bitch about ticket prices and service charges.  weird, huh?

SalParadise

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 11:08:00 am »
i think i'm the only one that understands your posts.

TheDirector217

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 11:16:00 am »
Originally posted by SalParadise:
  typically when i order a combo meal from a fast food burger spot, i eat all the fries first, then the burger.. all without having taken one sip from the drink. when i'm done w/ the food, then i down the soda.

Side, main course, then drink.  I think it stems from when I was just a young grasshopper & my mama wouldn't let have my drink of choice (Kool-Aid, soda, juice/punch) unless I finished all my food.  Still do it all the time . . .

If I'm feeling a particular song at the moment, it's nothing for me repeat it for a good hour or two in a row.  

Sometimes during sexy time with a nice young lady, if a mirror is nearby I pose in it a la American Psycho.  That shit's just funny to me.  I don't know why . . .

Samantha

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 11:19:00 am »
last weekend at a club I was in the restroom washing my hands as these other two ladies walked in, I missed the convo but the one was telling the other how she always uses the first restroom stall because it's statistically used less, and therefore cleaner.

I felt a weight lifted from my shoulders.  For the longest time I've been anal (har, no pun intended) about using the first stall for the same reason and thought there was something wrong with me for being OCD about something so ridiculous.  I'm so relieved I'm not the only one, and I told her so.  There was a moment of bonding before she took a wee.

Except I don't like to tell people that story, or about my strange habit, in case the use of the first stall becomes more widespread and thus makes that stall the dirtiest, instead.

So please keep this to yourselves.  Thank you.

SalParadise

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 11:38:00 am »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:
  [QUOTE If I'm feeling a particular song at the moment, it's nothing for me repeat it for a good hour or two in a row.  

i once listened to bob dylan's "boots of spanish leather" on repeat for 2 hours straight. it was one of the darker times in salparadise's life.

K8teebug

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 12:03:00 pm »
I have also heard that about bathroom stalls and always go to the first one.

TheDirector217

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 12:12:00 pm »

[QUOTE If I'm feeling a particular song at the moment, it's nothing for me repeat it for a good hour or two in a row.  

i once listened to bob dylan's "boots of spanish leather" on repeat for 2 hours straight. it was one of the darker times in salparadise's life. [/b]
I feel you, fam.  I had an emotional marathon repeat session many moons ago with "Rocket Man" & "Holding Back The Years" once.  True story.

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 12:17:00 pm »
  I feel you, fam.  I had an emotional marathon repeat session many moons ago with "Rocket Man" & "Holding Back The Years" once.  True story.
Jeebus, were you curled up in a ball?

TheDirector217

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 12:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by beetsnotbeats:

Jeebus, were you curled up in a ball? [/b]
It was a rough period, homey.  

The Director is more than just eye candy & vast musical knowledge.  The Director has feelings.  Sometimes.    ;)

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 12:30:00 pm »

i once listened to bob dylan's "boots of spanish leather" on repeat for 2 hours straight. it was one of the darker times in salparadise's life. [/b]
Oh, every guy does that.  But it's usually "Idiot Wind" for two WEEKS after a particularly bitter break-up with a female.

Brian

P.S.  I hope Dylan does "Senor (Tales of Yankee Power)" tonight.

P.P.S.  And while I'm hoping for things that will never happen I hope Costello does...."Party Party."

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 12:39:00 pm »
i think it's funny to see how paranoid people get about bathrooms.  you are much more likely to pick something up from a public phone or a computer keyboard... yet people have no qualms about touching those, or putting them up to your mouth.  the likelihood of getting anything from a public restroom is very small (except maybe an arrest, if in an airport  ;)   [/b][/quote]that "sometimes" being defined by the absence of alcohol and other anasthetics   :p
<sig>

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 12:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by Samantha:
  last weekend at a club I was in the restroom washing my hands as these other two ladies walked in, I missed the convo but the one was telling the other how she always uses the first restroom stall because it's statistically used less, and therefore cleaner.

Sorry ladies but the first stall in a club is the worst. When you're drunk it is the most convenient one to stumble in to and it's very hard to hover while the room is spinning.

My list:
 -I flip off my computer when certain coworkers email me.
 -I will eat/use certain things like salad dressing after the expiration date.
 -I wash my dishes again before I use them because I don't trust that my roommates know how to wash them.
xoxo

SalParadise

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 12:47:00 pm »
tough crowd

930clubber

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 12:53:00 pm »
i turn on the faucet while i brush my teeth and keep it running.  seems like i subconsciously enjoy the sound of the running water.  i snap out of it and turn off the faucet.