Author Topic: weird shit you think only you do/did  (Read 20555 times)

nkotb

Re: weird shit you think only you do/did
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2007, 10:40:00 am »
I'm with you guys on the ordering bills (though not to the extent that Bede does it) and the refusing to take the first item (like miss p said).

I also have a weird ordering compulsion.  Aside from just alphabetical and numerical ordering, I have to have things lined up on my desk or table.  For example, at dinner, I'll make sure my knives and forks are lined up with the plate or placemat, and also that the cup is centered or lined up with any patterns on the table cloth, etc.

And at stores, while taking the item not immediately on the front of the shelves, I will pull the remaining items behind it forward.  Must be my Target team member training.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2007, 11:00:00 am »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  And at stores, while taking the item not immediately on the front of the shelves, I will pull the remaining items behind it forward.  Must be my Target team member training.
omg. did you work at target?
 that was my first job   :D
nothx

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2007, 11:06:00 am »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  at some point i'll realize that i'll never be able to read everything.
Yes, you CAN!  That's LOSER TALK!

Brian

nkotb

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2007, 11:19:00 am »
Totally.  I worked there for 3 years in college.  Hell, I even moved up to a level 2 team member, in charge of some of the HBA section.  That's right...even got my gold Target pin.

Originally posted by miss pretentious:

that was my first job    :D  [/b]

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2007, 11:28:00 am »
Wow. I basically went through the same process. Except I eventually became the clerical level II. Now this is eerie.

Totally.  I worked there for 3 years in college.  Hell, I even moved up to a level 2 team member, in charge of some of the HBA section.  That's right...even got my gold Target pin.

that was my first job     :D   [/b]
[/b]
nothx

« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2007, 11:31:00 am »
My wife was a KMart girl. I don't think they had Target on Chicago's South Side back in the late 80's.

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2007, 11:55:00 am »
I worked at Bradlee's for a little over a year in the early 80s. REM did an in-store at the nearby Penguin Feather in August '83. I was still wearing my brown vest and name badge with some sorta red "B" pin award. Michael Stipe grabbed my badge and asked if the store was owned by Ben Bradlee of the Post (didn't know; all I knew was that the chain was based in Braintree, MA).

nkotb

« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2007, 11:58:00 am »
We could've been Target BFF's.  Even though I hated our clerical people (lousy Nick with his stupid hippie-fro and never-ending ramblings about live Phish tapes), I would've still sat with you in the breakroom during our 15's.

Another odd thing I do is to make sure I eat the crust of a sandwich before I take the last bite.  That way, you end on a good note: none of that missing all of the good condiments, meat and veggies because it was the last remaining edge.

Wow. I basically went through the same process. Except I eventually became the clerical level II. Now this is eerie.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2007, 12:00:00 pm »
maybe i should start a 'first job' thread?
nothx

tigersscareme

« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2007, 01:32:00 pm »
i alphabetize the used CD's (and records) at stores  when they're out of order. i think this is directly related to my first job too (staying with the target thing for youall)

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2007, 02:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by tigers scare me:
  i alphabetize the used CD's (and records) at stores  when they're out of order. i think this is directly related to my first job too (staying with the target thing for youall)
I don't think that's weird.  That's just being respectful and organized.  I organize the magazines at Border's whenever they are in the wrong place.  But that's not weird.  That's just trying to slow down the decline of Western civilization.

Brian

« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2007, 02:15:00 pm »
Brian Walalce shops at Border's, the rest of us shop at Borders.

Originally posted by Brian Wallace:

Originally posted by tigers scare me:
I don't think that's weird.  That's just being respectful and organized.  I organize the magazines at Border's whenever they are in the wrong place.  But that's not weird.  That's just trying to slow down the decline of Western civilization.

Brian [/b]

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2007, 02:26:00 pm »
If I'm at a used cd store and find a copy of a great cd that I already have, I'll move it to the front of the display case, hoping somebody sees it and gives it a good home.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2007, 02:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:
  If I'm at a used cd store and find a copy of a great cd that I already have, I'll move it to the front of the display case, hoping somebody sees it and gives it a good home.
until tigers scare me comes in and moves it back into its alphabetical place.
nothx

pj

« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2007, 03:10:00 pm »
I like to order last at a restaurant because I hate ordering what someone at my table has ordered as well. Ordering last allows me to check things off the list. I have even changed my order if someone orders the same thing as me at the table.

I guess it all comes from my family and I group ordering so we could try many different things on the menu so no one ordered the same thing.

I get lots of comments from friends on this and often have friends sneakily change their order behind my back to what I got to spite me. They're nice people...