Author Topic: weird shit you think only you do/did  (Read 20553 times)

vansmack

Re: weird shit you think only you do/did
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
 But you're ALL weird.  

I'd be ashamed if I did any of these things.
At some point, you'll realize that when it's EVERYBODY ELSE that's weird, and not you, well, then you're likley the weird one.

It's like when every kids mom would tell them not to sit next to the one crazy kid on the school bus - "there's always one and you'll know who it is" she would say.  Well, I'm just guessing that you ended up sitting by yourself on the school bus, and only now realize why.
27>34

TheDirector217

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2007, 04:27:00 pm »
  Seriously, you ALL are a bunch of weirdoes.
Credible assessment coming from a man who just figured out how to spell his own name roughly a month and change ago.

True story.

The Dihrectour

tigersscareme

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2007, 04:31:00 pm »
i buy fruit in counts of three (three apples, three pears, etc). which isn't so much weird as i just wonder how i subconciously landed on that number.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2007, 04:44:00 pm »
  Brian

P.S.  I'm most disappointed in you, Roadbike Mankie.  I thought you were 'ard.
..not that I take in pride in being 'ard, but what's soft about my stuff?

We started taking our shoes off back in Ireland were we lived out in the country and didn't want cow shit dragged into the house, and it's just become the norm now...as for my toilet routine, that's just being hygenic. The irony in that though, is my hands are spotless when I come out of the bathroom, then I go to the bar, order a drink and take out the money, which has probably got more disease and fecal matter on it than a Djibouti drinking fountain.

ggw

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2007, 04:49:00 pm »
  I'm disappointed in you, Roadbike Mankie.  I thought you were 'ard.
Mankie's wife says the same thing every night.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2007, 04:52:00 pm »
  Seriously, you ALL are a bunch of weirdoes.  Food not touching?  The volume being fractions of prime numbers?  Bathroom rituals?  Taking shoes off before you go into a house?

I'm astounded.  I thought some of you may be weird.  But you're ALL weird.  And it's not a good, creative weird but an F'ed up, "I need therapy" kind of weird.  Maybe you're all socially inept or daddy didn't buy any of you a pony when you grew up.  I don't know.  But all of you are adults.  If you guys are being serious and not fooling around, I really think you should reread some of the stuff you've written.  I'd be ashamed if I did any of these things.  You all seem proud.
I'd be really offended if you weren't so completely ridiculous.
Woof.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2007, 05:13:00 pm »
ok, here's something else-

all of my cds are organized alphabetically by artist.  no problem you say.  if i have more than 1 cd by an artist, they are then organized by full length cd (including official live albums), singles, others (which includes bootlegs). . .within each grouping, they are organized by year released.  so, if you were looking at REM, you'd see all the full length albums together, organized by year they were released, then singles (again organized by year released), then other stuff in some order that i determine.  

my books are not so organized, unfortunately, mainly because books come in different sizes, and i probably couldn't stand seeing all that randomness in book size, even if i did organize them alphabetically.  instead, i've had to organize by subject, then, if need be, by sub-topic, then by book size- i know, it makes no sense.
OU812

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2007, 05:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

all of my cds are organized alphabetically by artist.  no problem you say.  if i have more than 1 cd by an artist, they are then organized by full length cd (including official live albums), singles, others (which includes bootlegs). . .within each grouping, they are organized by year released.  so, if you were looking at REM, you'd see all the full length albums together, organized by year they were released, then singles (again organized by year released), then other stuff in some order that i determine.  

I do chronologicaly order within the band subset as well, but I don't disseminate between full lengths and singles.

ggw

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2007, 05:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:
  I don't disseminate between full lengths and singles.
That's great, but do you discriminate between full lengths and singles?

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2007, 05:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  ok, here's something else-

my books are not so organized, unfortunately, mainly because books come in different sizes, and i probably couldn't stand seeing all that randomness in book size, even if i did organize them alphabetically.  instead, i've had to organize by subject, then, if need be, by sub-topic, then by book size- i know, it makes no sense.
i used to do that with my cds but found it impossible to keep up with when i was buying so many new cds. just curious - how often are you reorganizing it all, or are you just d/l everything now?  :)  i find it way too time consuming.

my books are in that order, and i kind of like the randomness in sizes. its a bit sloppy now tho, as my book shelf ran out of space, so the 1st - 3rd shelf are organized and the top one (which is the hardest to reach for me) is all randomness. (ie newly bought things)
HeyLa

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2007, 05:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  That's great, but do you discriminate between full lengths and singles?
No, GGdub, discrimination is wrong in all its forms.

Chocolate raaaaaaaaaaain...

Venerable Bede

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2007, 05:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  i used to do that with my cds but found it impossible to keep up with when i was buying so many new cds. just curious - how often are you reorganizing it all, or are you just d/l everything now?   :)   i find it way too time consuming.

my books are in that order, and i kind of like the randomness in sizes. its a bit sloppy now tho, as my book shelf ran out of space, so the 1st - 3rd shelf are organized and the top one (which is the hardest to reach for me) is all randomness. (ie newly bought things)
for cds, i have a stack of new purchases, and i'll integrate them every couple of months.  i download and buy. . .obviously, for organization purposes, downloading is easier, but i still like having the product in my hand.  

i have 4 bookcases, each with 5 or 6 shelves, full. . .i may be forced to box some of them up soon.  at some point i'll realize that i'll never be able to read everything.
OU812

kmb187

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2007, 05:45:00 pm »
In bathroom terms, I do the first stall thing--although I wonder how useful it is if so many people are aware of the statistic now; I guess they're the hygiene conscious ones, at least--and foot flush, as well. I don't think those are particularly strange.

I don't do it anymore, but I used to spell out words and sentences in my head constantly. For sentences, I'd spell things out and group letters into units of 3, adding spacing and/or punctuation in an attempt to make clean multiples of 3. For words, I'd spell them out in multiple possible patterns; e.g. for a word with 7 letters, I'd do 2+3+2, 2+2+3, 3+2+2+, 3+1+3, 1+3+3, 3+3+3, skipping larger numbers like 4 and 5 which could easily be broken into smaller, more equally weighted units. I'd have to go through the patterns 7 times before I could stop thinking about it. Maybe this crosses the line from "weird shit" to "obsessive compulsive shit," but at least I was able to quit.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2007, 05:46:00 pm »
Why keep books (novels) after you've read them?

And I can't understand why people buy movies....how many times can you watch the same movie? I can't sit through the same movie twice, no matter how good it was the first time.

Oooooh, I just thought of another that I probably do need help with actually. When I served in the Royal Navy I was a radio operator, and to this day I'm 'constantly' tapping out morse code, wether it be on the steering wheel of my car, with my pen on my desk, at the table with my spoon or on the back of the couch watching telly. I don't even realize I'm doing most of the time. I'll be driving along the highway and it will be a case of .. -.- . .- (IKEA) or -.. . ... -  
 -.. ..- -.-- (BEST BUY) etc. It used to drive my wife up the wall, but she just got used to it I suppose.

I'm surprised someone hasn't admitted to a compulsion with their teeth, because this is a nation obsessed with teeth.

Samantha

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2007, 05:54:00 pm »
well, I for one am obsessive about my books.  If I love them I need them close to me.  I like to touch them and kiss them and daydream we are two deer making love.

HAHA just kidding but no seriously I have to have my favourite books.  I feel like if they are not there I will have a sudden compulsion to reread them. I rarely reread books, but it has happened.  And I reread graphic novels all the time.  Books are my one true loves.  I'm lonely without them.

also, I once killed a person because I liked their teeth so much.