Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313282 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1215 on: February 26, 2015, 10:41:30 am »
I mean if I were going to focus on anything about the show it would be that all the songs sounded of a piece... I didn't feel the new songs stuck out....that they could pick up, play a show full of new songs and come out on top after a decade ..to me..seems remarkable...

almost all reunion shows are just nostalgia fests were all you get or care about are old classics... think of something like Jesus and Mary Chain...this was not one of them which to me makes it a success

A few bands have managed successfully...Sleater-Kinney (so far) sounds remarkably good, I'd argue that Dinosaur Jr. has put out some great material too and it's more than just a nostalgia fest. The last Feelies LP was wonderful, and Mission of Burma has put out decent material. My Bloody Valentine's LP was good, but to be honest I'm not really sure we needed another LP of theirs. I love "Loveless" but their EPs are still probably my favorite stuff. A lot of other bands are still clearly doing it for money, but at least they try to give you your money's worth and they're fun to see. I saw JAMC at Riotfest and thought it was pretty lackluster.

« Reply #1216 on: February 26, 2015, 10:43:55 am »
I thought the JAMC show at the club was awesome...in fact I think my ears are still ringing
truth be told, I never saw them in their heyday
but that was certainly a oldies/play the hits show
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #1217 on: February 26, 2015, 10:44:56 am »
I thought the JAMC show at the club was awesome...in fact I think my ears are still ringing
truth be told, I never saw them in their heyday
but that was certainly a oldies/play the hits show

First time I saw them was in 1992...that was still probably my favorite. Halloween 1994 with Mazzy Star was fun too though.

hutch

« Reply #1218 on: February 26, 2015, 10:48:05 am »
I like nostalgia shows... but a nostalgia show is different..

I loved that JAMC show...but that's a dead band walking.. there is no creativity left.... when you watch that you enjoy it but you still realize that there ain't going to be any new "JAMC"

emmanuel

« Reply #1219 on: February 26, 2015, 11:28:54 am »
S-K were so great last night!! While first night was very good, they really improved a lot on the 2nd night, and great setlist too!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1220 on: February 26, 2015, 11:41:07 am »
Lizzo was great, though (both nights!) - so much energy and attitude :P
(_|_)

Vas Deferens

(_|_)

emmanuel

« Reply #1222 on: February 26, 2015, 12:24:24 pm »
Lizzo was great, though (both nights!) - so much energy and attitude :P

Yes! Can't wait to see her again in Philly :)

I'm so glad S-K removed Oh! and Sympathy to play Let's Call it Love, Good Things, One More Hour and The End of You last night!!! The sound was much better, and the crowd more relax.

K8teebug

« Reply #1223 on: February 26, 2015, 12:25:39 pm »
I went both nights (thanks again, ggw!). I was in the front on Corin's side, about 6 rows of people back on Tuesday night. There was a girl next to me who would not stop singing badly, and a dude behind me who also was drunk and/or could not carry a tune who would not shut up (luckily, I couldn't really hear him until the show was almost over). I would agree with the post review that something happened after they played "Entertain" on Tuesday night. That song really stood out. Still had fun on Tuesday.

Last night was better. Maybe it's because I was in the back by the soundboard just in my own little dancing world with my friend and had a few more inches of room, but they just sounded better, and like the pressure was off.

Janet continues to amaze me. And they all looked like they were having so much fun playing at each show.

DC is always going to be a more subdued crowd. And that's okay. (The one exception being that Rapture show at the Black Cat over a decade ago).

Lizzo blew me away both nights. She was just incredible.

All in all, it was my first time ever seeing a band play 2 nights in a row. I'm really so happy I got to see both nights! (and thanks to the snow, I got to sleep in a little today!)

« Reply #1224 on: February 27, 2015, 02:05:52 pm »
930 just posted some great shots from the Tuesday SK show
sadly no prized shots of Sidehatch and hutch from the vip balcony

Ok, I've got a gif I made of Hutch rocking to Janet

and this one turned out cool

slack

Bags

« Reply #1225 on: February 27, 2015, 04:48:26 pm »

It is also nice to see they mixed up the set list between the two night
Not that big of a dif (and I'm still bitter about not getting one more hour)
Ha, I'd take Little Babies over One More Hour, so worked out for me!  Glad Wednesday was a great show too.  Getting geared up for Philly, so we'll see.  Maybe I'll get both Little Babies AND One More Hour!

emmanuel

« Reply #1226 on: February 27, 2015, 04:51:34 pm »
NYC day #1 did not get any different songs than DC, so I expect the same for Philly, but it will be fun anyway.

Still hoping for Call the Doctor and Joey Ramones though!

K8teebug

« Reply #1227 on: February 27, 2015, 04:56:30 pm »
I really wanted Joey Ramone. And I love that they changed the lyrics to Kim Gordon.

hutch

« Reply #1228 on: March 01, 2015, 01:29:47 am »
man tonight's live at leeds at iota kicked ass....totally awesome...

Yada

« Reply #1229 on: April 06, 2015, 09:12:51 am »
Pretty rockin' Benjamin Booker show... fell a bit into monotonous territory at times, but a good show nonetheless. Not sure who was doing sound last night but it was WAAAAAY too loud.