Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 212245 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #285 on: May 08, 2009, 01:10:50 am »
Those of us of the Detroit ilk can breathe alittle easier... at least until a massive Game 5 in about 64 hours.

Hiller finally looked human for once. We'll see if Wisnewski or Rafalski can come back for game 5... probably neither though.

sonickteam2

« Reply #286 on: May 08, 2009, 08:35:25 am »
FYI - the NHL Network is picking up Sunday's Anaheim-Detroit game, which, until this announcement, was only going to be available in SoCal and the Detroit area, or those with the Center Ice Package.
Nice! I have center ice, but they really haven't shown any games in HD during the playoffs, so this is an upgrade.

Do you have Comcast or DirecTV? As i've probably said before, Dish Network has had 95% of their playoff games in HD (i think the NJ games werent).  Probably the only advantage with Dish, but it works out well for me since the Bruins and Vs. must have some agreement about never showing their games.

I spoke too soon! Tonight's Bruins / Canes game is only in HD for the Carolina feed, not the Boston one, so i now have the option of watching my Bruins homer announcers in SD or the Canes announcers in HD....what to do.....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #287 on: May 08, 2009, 10:18:35 am »
"Ovechkin was seen walking of the team's hotel Thursday afternoon and appeared to be fine."

This statement just reeks of The Onion. Was it really necessary to tell us this? As though if he had been killed or was missing you'd bury the lead all the way to paragraph 6 of the article lol.

it's the next sentence that really gets me: "As if a little death threat would strike fear into the heart of the NHL's most-talented player."

since when are talent and fear correlated?  all the talent in the world isn't going to protect you from an idiot with a gun.  this "journalist" is a horrible writer.
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #288 on: May 08, 2009, 10:31:49 am »
the entire media coverage on this 'story' is absurd. i would have expected it from wpxi (who i think broke the story) but would have expected better from the dc media
o/\o

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #289 on: May 08, 2009, 10:36:49 am »
i now have the option of watching my Bruins homer announcers in SD or the Canes announcers in HD....what to do.....

stream the hometown radio online and watch the HD feed, it's not that hard to pause it and sync up the radio/TV to avoid lag-time... i do this for every georgetown game, it's pretty easy
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #290 on: May 08, 2009, 12:41:55 pm »
Hiller finally looked human for once. We'll see if Wisnewski or Rafalski can come back for game 5... probably neither though.

I knew we were in trouble on the first goal when Hiller closed his pads to block 5 hole with his legs behind him and the puck, not deflected, rolled past the right side of his pads.  He's a butterfly goalie for christ's sake!  He was either tired or simply not focused to play last night.

The two days off presents Carlyle with a dilemma though.  If it was two days, I would almost guarantee Giggy in the net. With three days, I'm not sure what he's going to do.

Anaheim clearly missed Wisniewski, but credit to Babcock for making all the right changes (especially putting Hossa and Franzen together with Wis out).  Detroit's depth was really the difference last night, and Anaheim can't win if they have to rely on the first line to score all the goals.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #291 on: May 08, 2009, 12:46:25 pm »
arent you going to complain about the officiating or something????  oh yeah, thats not you!

vansmack

« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2009, 01:11:57 pm »
  I spoke too soon! Tonight's Bruins / Canes game is only in HD for the Carolina feed, not the Boston one, so i now have the option of watching my Bruins homer announcers in SD or the Canes announcers in HD....what to do.....

DirecTV added a second channel to broadcast the Versus games that aren't being showed should the early game go to Overtime.  Versus main channel is 603, Versus alternate is channel 604.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #293 on: May 08, 2009, 01:15:06 pm »
arent you going to complain about the officiating or something????  oh yeah, thats not you!

Exactly, if I wanted to complain about the officiating as if it mattered, I'd still be a fan of the NBA. 
27>34

« Reply #294 on: May 08, 2009, 05:30:28 pm »

Exactly, if I wanted to complain about the officiating as if it mattered, I'd still be a fan of the NBA. 
Hahaha.

Is Getzlaf hurt? He only played 3 minutes in the third period -- trying to save his energy since Anaheim is alittle "thinner" then Detroit when it comes to forwards, or legitimately tweaked?

« Reply #295 on: May 08, 2009, 06:02:10 pm »
Kopecky is out for game 5. He got the shit rocked outta him in that fight. Draper/Rafalski also are "doubtful" according to Babcock. It's becoming really clear that Rafalski has a concussion and they're just not talking about it.

vansmack

« Reply #296 on: May 08, 2009, 06:07:03 pm »
Is Getzlaf hurt? He only played 3 minutes in the third period -- trying to save his energy since Anaheim is alittle "thinner" then Detroit when it comes to forwards, or legitimately tweaked?

Apparently he was suffering from flu like symptoms.
27>34

« Reply #297 on: May 09, 2009, 12:03:00 am »
Shocked at what's going on with Bos/Car.

sonickteam2

« Reply #298 on: May 09, 2009, 12:14:06 am »
Shocked at what's going on with Bos/Car.

not me, we're a young young team that had no business even being in the playoffs as far as preseason rankings were concerned.

they have to get Lucic off the Savard/Kessel line.  not sure who they put on there, but he's not getting it done.  at least someone even noticed Bos/Car were playing!

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #299 on: May 09, 2009, 12:45:18 am »
Still the Pens/Caps series is right where it is scripted to be.  Four games, all won by the home team.  Grand total of goal is +1 for the Pens.  Its funny how the Caps didn't whine about back to back games while they were up 2-0 but now all of a sudden its a horrid thing.  As I said earlier, a series doesn't really start until a road team wins a game.  I guess all that sweep talk was a tad premature.  My preidction for Saturday's game, whoever scores the fourth goal will win the game.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:52:34 pm by RatBastard »
FUKIT