Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 212245 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #390 on: May 14, 2009, 10:48:27 am »
you are correct, the christlike greatness of sidney crosby will out perform the grossness of the bastard child of boston sports
o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #391 on: May 14, 2009, 10:50:13 am »
have i bitched about the Bruins getting hosed by Versus picking the Det/Anaheim game over Boston/Carolina tonight?

I suppose if Boston wins, they'll pre-empt the eastern conference finals with the PBR!  oh wait, Versus won't even do that to Crosby.

don't be silly (or at least try :)).  det/ana starts at 7 pm, bos/car starts at 8 pm.  so the options are:

1) cover all of det/ana and join bos/car afterwards.  they're an hour behind so we'll get the crucial third period in beantown.
2) start det/ana, but switch at 8 to bos/car.  yeah, that's a great idea.
3) don't cover det/ana at all, have bull riding at 7, and start hockey at 8.  even better idea.

i seem to remember that you complained recently about music snobs have their heads stuck up their asses when i comes to complaining about mainstream music... et tu? ;)
<sig>

shemptiness

« Reply #392 on: May 14, 2009, 11:05:09 am »
Couldn't Versus put one game on the HD channel and the other on the non-HD Versus?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #393 on: May 14, 2009, 11:08:20 am »
Couldn't Versus put one game on the HD channel and the other on the non-HD Versus?
Many folks don't get HD.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #394 on: May 14, 2009, 11:17:35 am »
Im a Kings fan but since they never had a chance - and wont have a chance for a damn long time - Im also a huge Hawks fan! The only other thing I wanted was for the Caps and Ducks to lose. So far its going ok.

Im hoping it ends with Bruins/Hawks at the finals!

i know its late for Caps/Pens fans but smackie and julian might want to try it.

listen to a 2Pac album in its entirety before the game tomorrow.

the last 2 times the b's were in Game 7's i did not listen to a 2Pac album, and they lost. so i figure that must be the problem.

hey, it cant hurt....i mean, its 2Pac.

(btw, i think its amazing that so many of the boards favourite teams are in game 7's today and tomorrow...cept for xneverwherex and sweetie...who is your team anyway????)
HeyLa

sonickteam2

« Reply #395 on: May 14, 2009, 11:29:16 am »

i seem to remember that you complained recently about music snobs have their heads stuck up their asses when i comes to complaining about mainstream music... et tu? ;)

are you implying that the Bruins are the indie rock of the NHL?

my point in all of this was if you are going to show the game, show the fucking game. if you arent going to bother showing the whole thing. let someone else show it.

(edit to this, I have just seen that NESN will cover this game. so now i'm  happy....i dont give two shits if its on versus, but if its not on at all, heads will roll)

« Reply #396 on: May 14, 2009, 11:50:00 am »
When I made my second round picks with some friends, I got openly mocked for picking Chicago over Vancouver, but looking back, that was the "easiest" matchup of the entire second round and the only one not to go 7 games. Who would've figured that?

vansmack

« Reply #397 on: May 14, 2009, 11:57:21 am »
  (edit to this, I have just seen that NESN will cover this game. so now i'm  happy....i dont give two shits if its on versus, but if its not on at all, heads will roll)

You are correct, both NESN and FSN Carolina will have the game tonight, and your real gripe should have been why didn't the NHL Network pick up the game, not why did versus choose ANA/DET over CAR/BOS.  After all, they are the last two Stanley Cup champions (and all the logical reasons Julian laid out).

Isn't a situation like this EXACTLY why you would have your own network?   
27>34

« Reply #398 on: May 14, 2009, 12:11:20 pm »
(and all the logical reasons Julian laid out).
This might be the first time this has ever been posted in this hallowed forum.

Joke aside, even looking back, I can't figure out what I said.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #399 on: May 14, 2009, 12:15:36 pm »
i noticed you and I were one of the few to pick Chicago in 6. (at least I think you were 6). Im still surprised theres so many game 7s.

When I made my second round picks with some friends, I got openly mocked for picking Chicago over Vancouver, but looking back, that was the "easiest" matchup of the entire second round and the only one not to go 7 games. Who would've figured that?
HeyLa

vansmack

« Reply #400 on: May 14, 2009, 12:24:52 pm »

Don't go patting yourself on the back just yet.  I did take issue with your "Many people don't have HD" comment.

They are no friend of mine and certainly not serious hockey fans.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #401 on: May 14, 2009, 12:26:28 pm »
hahaha

actually one of the biggest hockey fans i know doesnt have hd. and i cant figure out why
o/\o

« Reply #402 on: May 14, 2009, 12:26:36 pm »
I guess I also don't see where you took issue with my "many people don't have HD" comment.  :D And I don't see how you could. Many people (more than a few) don't have HD. I'm not condoning it, but its a reality.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #403 on: May 14, 2009, 12:40:33 pm »
(and all the logical reasons Julian laid out).

i can't figure it out either - smackie, what are these logical reasons?
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #404 on: May 14, 2009, 12:41:31 pm »
i think he confused a cellie post with a jules post
o/\o