Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313581 times)

shemptiness

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4770 on: December 13, 2022, 09:30:12 am »
With that hat and jersey there was no doubt - gotta be Hutch

Yada

« Reply #4771 on: December 13, 2022, 09:43:44 am »

Please tell me it was a slash top hat, an Argentinian futbol jersey,  pleated white pants, and high tops.

« Reply #4772 on: December 13, 2022, 09:52:08 am »

Please tell me it was a slash top hat, an Argentinian futbol jersey,  pleated white pants, and high tops.
welp it wasn't the trifecta, that we only get every other blue moon
slack

Yada

« Reply #4773 on: December 13, 2022, 11:44:24 am »
so train wreck or no train wreck?

Did anyone spot walky's biceps?

« Reply #4774 on: December 13, 2022, 01:23:54 pm »
so train wreck or no train wreck?
fun show...was not off the rails, but there were a few flubs
Guitar sounded great.  Vocals were a little off at times
I enjoyed the 2019 show way more.
He did play my two favorite covers: speed of the sound of loneliness and outdoor type

During his acoustic set, I didn't recognize any of the songs...just checked setlist, and obviously neither did others

Was looking forward to JH being on the stage and she only joined for 3 songs and barely sung, so that was a little underwhelming
Did anyone spot walky's biceps?
no walky sighting by me
but in the ween vs Lemonheads decision clearly gives the W to ween, not even a question
slack

Yada

« Reply #4775 on: December 14, 2022, 10:02:33 am »
Having not seen modest mouse since 2005, I wasn't sure what to expect but I can confirm I'll never see them again.

I think Issac Brock is still a giant tool and kind of back on the crazy train... I thought there was potential for an Evan Dando train wreck,  but he kept it on the tracks.

Lonesome Crowded West is a perfect album and in general it was a good show... encore was great too.

Show was super loud, I snagged a poster.

The end.

Starsky

« Reply #4776 on: December 14, 2022, 10:11:28 am »
Evan Dando was not a train wreck…

Juliana Hatfield though… I hope she is ok.

Yada

« Reply #4777 on: December 14, 2022, 10:16:29 am »

but in the ween vs Lemonheads decision clearly gives the W to ween, not even a question

obviously.

Starsky

« Reply #4778 on: December 14, 2022, 10:32:07 am »
Was never any doubt that would be the case…

Lemonheads or really Evan with whoever are not a blow you away type of band….

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4779 on: December 14, 2022, 10:48:34 am »
Having not seen modest mouse since 2005, I wasn't sure what to expect but I can confirm I'll never see them again.

I think Issac Brock is still a giant tool and kind of back on the crazy train... I thought there was potential for an Evan Dando train wreck,  but he kept it on the tracks.

Lonesome Crowded West is a perfect album and in general it was a good show... encore was great too.

Show was super loud, I snagged a poster.

The end.
I agree with your thoughts on MM except I will show up in three years for the Moon and Antarctica tour. Great night. Had a bit too much vodka.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4780 on: December 14, 2022, 11:08:36 am »
I travelled to a land not too far away to get in some culture, holiday window displays and to witness people line up to buy stuff...

Went to see a play starring an up and coming actor Wendell Pierce do "Death Of A Salesman".  Not a huge play goer but it was fun to see Wendell strut his stuff in a play he always wanted to do.  As a bonus there was another of the David Simon Players in the cast in a supporting role, Delaney Williams (The Wire/We Own This City).

Also went to see Eddie Izzard do a one man show based on Dicken's "Great Expectations" in a small theater which was an interesting way to see her perform.  Not unlike her standup shows in the past that have had a theatrical element to them with multiple characters being portrayed, just this time it was 20 characters and the source material was entirely the book. Enjoyable evening to be had...
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #4781 on: January 21, 2023, 10:52:21 am »
I haven't seen Kosmo im 20 years, but I think I saw him last night at the excellent Lady Wray/Brainstory show. I wasn't sure though, his pretty face was hidden behind a mask. What is it we're supposed to do in these situations? Approach the person and ask them if they know Kosmo? Anyway ,hey Kosmo. Hope you enjoyed the show. I turned around at the end, and you had split.

« Reply #4782 on: January 21, 2023, 11:20:13 am »
I haven't seen Kosmo im 20 years, but I think I saw him last night at the excellent Lady Wray/Brainstory show. I wasn't sure though, his pretty face was hidden behind a mask. What is it we're supposed to do in these situations? Approach the person and ask them if they know Kosmo? Anyway ,hey Kosmo. Hope you enjoyed the show. I turned around at the end, and you had split.
Didn’t we have a forum shibboleth at one time where we were supposed to ask someone “are you a fan of Kosmo vinyl” to identify other boardies? It was something Kosmo related.
LVMH

« Reply #4783 on: January 21, 2023, 11:35:59 am »
Didn’t we have a forum shibboleth at one time where we were supposed to ask someone “are you a fan of Kosmo vinyl” to identify other boardies? It was something Kosmo related.
Meta to ask kosmo if he knows kosmo
slack

« Reply #4784 on: January 21, 2023, 11:42:47 am »
Meta to ask kosmo if he knows kosmo
Are you a fan of META Kosmo?
LVMH