Author Topic: OFFICIAL Virgin Mobile FREEFEST 2009 Q/A - Hype Thread! REVISED  (Read 338642 times)

wml7

Re: OFFICIAL Virgin Mobile Fest 2009 Lineup Predictions!
« Reply #525 on: July 12, 2009, 11:06:52 pm »
I think Seth has it set up where all the bands will be playing simultaneously

Driveway

« Reply #526 on: July 13, 2009, 11:53:39 am »
I think Seth has it set up where all the bands will be playing simultaneously

Really?  I was hoping there would be multiple bands performing on the same stage at the same time...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #527 on: July 13, 2009, 09:54:05 pm »
I'm thinking that having all the bands on one large stage playing simultaneously would be way cool.  Of course it would be easily just to have Girl Talk do it by himself ;)

25 individual stages would mean everyone is assured of seeing their favorite band...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #528 on: July 16, 2009, 10:31:46 am »
Are you on the vfest tweeter feed?  You should be if you need tickets...
T.Rex

Smylie

« Reply #529 on: July 16, 2009, 01:29:01 pm »
Crap, i was out of the country when all this happened :(

Guess i'll wait until a day or two before and try craigslist.  Gotta see The Hold Steady and The National

Smylie

« Reply #530 on: July 16, 2009, 01:30:27 pm »
And i dont have a twitter or really know what it is, but can you post a link to the feed?  If theres tickets on there i might have to sign up

hemisphire

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #532 on: July 16, 2009, 10:48:54 pm »
Virgin Free For All

You already know the Virgin Mobile FreeFest is, well, free. But did you know there?s more to the destination festival featuring Weezer, blink-182, Public Enemy and Franz Ferdinand than free admission?

Turns out there will be a lot of freebies at the one-day-only event scheduled for Aug. 30 at Merriweather Post Pavilion, in Columbia, Md. Free stuff like cell phones, bus rides to the festival, sneakers, sunglasses guitars and even jet transportation.

That?s right. Jet transportation. Although the festival is free, you still need a ticket, and all 35,000 ducats were scooped up only moments after release. However, festival organizers are also giving tickets away to folks willing to donate free time to various youth organizations.

For west coast ?do gooders? Virgin America is providing use of a free plane, called ?FreeFest Express, to fly them to the festival.

But the FreeFest Express is not the only transportation freebie available to festival goers. Megabus is donating the use of a fleet of WiFi-equipped buses which will shuttle folks from Boston, New York and Philadelphia. Like the FreeFest Express, the WiFi buses will be made available to eligible fans who donated their time to homeless youth shelters.

One FreeFest sponsor ? Japan-based mega-company Kyocera ? will give away cell phones. Along with the free mobiles, Virgin Mobile USA will award free cell phone service for life to a lucky few. It all goes down in the Kyocera Lucky Layoff Lounge, which is open to everyone but is offering a few special deals to anyone who can prove they?re jobless.

Gibson Guitars will also be at the FreeFest, giving away free ?Flying V? electric guitars to winners in the Kyocera Lucky Layoff Lounge. Of course, words like ?prizes? and ?winners? indicate some kind of contest, but so far the guitar company hasn?t come clean with any details.

Converse is chipping in with free Chucks sneakers and sunglasses. Converse will also host the ?Punk Your Chucks Design Contest,? where folks who submit winning designs for Chucks will be awarded a year?s supply of the athletic shoes. In case you?re wondering how many pairs of Chucks make up a year?s supply, Converse says 12 pairs per year, which works out to one pair per month in case you?re mathematically challenged.

Official Virgin Mobile FreeFest vehicle sponsor Toyota will offer free Prius test drives to anyone who finds walking around the Merriweather Post a bit too strenuous.

And Sony Computer Entertainment America will give away free content downloads from the PlayStation Network to anyone who brings their PSP to the festival.

We?re not saying everyone attending the Virgin Mobile FreeFest will get all or even some of the freebies listed above. But festival organizers are playing up the ?free? in FreeFest, indicating there will be plenty of opportunities for festival goers to come home with more than they took to the event. Your best bet to stay on top of all the free offerings is to visit the festival Web site on a regular basis.

http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2009/07/16/679581.aspx
<sig>

betao

« Reply #533 on: July 16, 2009, 11:34:29 pm »
That is really really cool.

bkrome

« Reply #534 on: July 19, 2009, 10:21:56 pm »
Word on the street: Virgin Festival will be returning to the MD/DC area in 2010 and the headliner is already in place.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #535 on: July 19, 2009, 10:24:16 pm »
Word on the street: Virgin Festival will be returning to the MD/DC area in 2010 and the headliner is already in place.
Oh dear lord...

Does this mean we should start a "Vfest 2010 Predictions" thread?

walkonby

« Reply #536 on: July 19, 2009, 10:47:11 pm »
Oh dear lord...

three words . . . lady ga ga.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #537 on: July 19, 2009, 10:56:17 pm »
Oh dear lord...

Please no.

mdh9857

« Reply #538 on: July 20, 2009, 12:03:08 am »
Oh dear lord...

Please no.

Watch it be the Lady Gaga/ Kanye West joint tour.

Just saying MJ would have been epic.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #539 on: July 20, 2009, 12:12:05 am »
Oh dear lord...

Please no.

Watch it be the Lady Gaga/ Kanye West joint tour.

Just saying MJ would have been epic.
Sadly, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

I think MJ would have been a shitty choice for a festival act.