Author Topic: Please Vote!  (Read 74915 times)

Starsky

Re: Please Vote!
« Reply #435 on: November 04, 2021, 10:36:46 am »
1. You're a white male who watches lots of typical white male tv shows and sports and the Republicans are targeting their denmographic with their ads.

But if white males are leaning GOP, shouldn’t it be a priority for Dems to target them? To counterpunch?

Modern American politics is about getting your base out… energizing your base

Something Terry McAuliffe absolutely did not do. I hope we can agree on that… He gave me no reason to vote for him other than his pathetic resort to linking Youngkin with Trump

Do we need to reach out to independent voters? Of course but it’s not the priority. You wouldn’t want to lose your base by going after the middle.

It just depends on how we define that group.

Someone will doubtlessly jump in and say energizing the Democratic base is what Bernie does but I disagree. The Democratic base is not progressive voters.

Just who are the Democratic and Republican bases these days?

Well that’s a complex question…

Progressive voters are an important part of the Democratic base.

Space Freely

« Reply #436 on: November 04, 2021, 10:37:02 am »

Something Terry McAuliffe absolutely did not do. I hope we can agree on that… He gave me no reason to vote for him other than his pathetic resort to linking Youngkin with Trump
I can agree with you on this
so is the blame on the 500K who didn't show up or that Terry-Katie-perry team couldn't figure out how to reach them and motivate them to show up

The reason why Youngkin won was because a good share of anti-Trunmp voters voted for Youngkin because they weren't happy with the perceived left wing turn they believe education has taken and because Youngkin was able to distance himself enough publically from Trump, even if he was talking to him on the phone all the time.

Starsky

« Reply #437 on: November 04, 2021, 10:43:27 am »
X
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 11:05:56 am by Starsky »

« Reply #438 on: November 04, 2021, 11:07:16 am »
I just disagree with your approach of always blaming people for not voting.
so I do get it, but fuck them...they are willing to support dem policies when it's coinvent and I'm sure complain when the GOP takes charge
Voting in VA in 2021 was about as easy as it could get
I think if you could ask those 500k biden voters if they could do nov 2nd over again, they would vote for Terry-the-I-don't-know-what-you-stand-for-but-you-are-a-dem-and-not-GQP in a heart beat...at least 3 out of 4.

I'm sure they will bitch and moan when there are Gun Trucks on every corner, their kids are having to memorize bible verses for their weekly pop quiz and their daughters are getting virginity checks
slack

Yada

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #440 on: November 04, 2021, 12:02:27 pm »
The wokeness excuse doesn’t really hold water. It’s just rebranded fear mongering a la DER GONNA TAKE MA GUNZ AWAY that GOP operatives know how to execute oh so well.

Just like CRT it was never going to happen. They just know how to rile up their base and get them to the polls.

Blame Terry for sitting on his ass and not running an effective campaign if anything. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #441 on: November 04, 2021, 12:04:33 pm »
I think Dems think the middle of this country is socially liberal but financially conservative and the reality is the ideological middle of this country who decides elections is actually financially liberal and socially conservative. And when some people say Dems lose by being too woke, they're articulating this divide in a clunky (but still true) way.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #442 on: November 04, 2021, 12:27:33 pm »
I just disagree with your approach of always blaming people for not voting.
so I do get it, but fuck them...they are willing to support dem policies when it's coinvent and I'm sure complain when the GOP takes charge
Voting in VA in 2021 was about as easy as it could get
I think if you could ask those 500k biden voters if they could do nov 2nd over again, they would vote for Terry-the-I-don't-know-what-you-stand-for-but-you-are-a-dem-and-not-GQP in a heart beat...at least 3 out of 4.

I'm sure they will bitch and moan when there are Gun Trucks on every corner, their kids are having to memorize bible verses for their weekly pop quiz and their daughters are getting virginity checks
[/quotlike the last time we had a Republican governor?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #443 on: November 04, 2021, 12:35:31 pm »
Democrats like to believe if everyone voted Democrats would always win….
because it's true

yup.  hence the GOP's emphasis on voter suppression.  gerrymandering isn't enough anymore.
<sig>

« Reply #444 on: November 04, 2021, 12:41:38 pm »
because it's true

yup.  hence the GOP's emphasis on voter suppression.  gerrymandering isn't enough anymore.
thank you for your support!
slack

Starsky

« Reply #445 on: November 04, 2021, 12:57:09 pm »
because it's true

thank you for your support!

No it’s not true

Would Democrats win Oklahoma if everyone was forced to vote?

As far as Virginia why are we so sure Democrats would win on a statewide level if everyone was forced to vote?

Republicans don’t want to suppress all votes just Democrat votes.

« Reply #446 on: November 04, 2021, 01:05:43 pm »
well, maybe not OK, but I think the population of NOVA/Charlottesville/Richmond is bigger than the rest of the state...so yes I think VA would be blue if everyone voted (this whole forced to vote I never said)
you are correct, they actively come up with ways to suppress the dem vote...these elections are won on so few vote that it makes a huge impact

slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #447 on: November 04, 2021, 01:06:04 pm »

obviously not, just like repubs aren't going to win california.  implied in this statement is "in competitive districts", i.e. where it's worth doing something.

that was also implied, but thanks for bringing that to the fore.  obviously they don't want to shoot themselves in their collective foot.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #448 on: November 04, 2021, 01:15:55 pm »
Really are there a ton more registered Democrats than Republicans in Virginia?

I mean there are a ton of Republicans that don’t vote either I mean do you have any evidence for your assertion other than back of the envelope calculations, if that, about the size of Virginia urban areas or is it just what you want to believe?

« Reply #449 on: November 04, 2021, 01:19:27 pm »
Really are there a ton more registered Democrats than Republicans in Virginia?
never said that, Republicans are just way more motivated to vote....how do the dems appeal to the apathetic voter like the GQP is the question

do you have any evidence for your assertion
I got nothing...but it helps me sleep at night for some bizarre reason
slack