Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1311376 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2475 on: May 10, 2017, 10:22:19 am »
gotta love stubhub!  I paid about the same with fees  ;D

very enjoyable Midnight Oil show....some obscure tracks in there, but they delivered the "hits" in the end.

Enjoyed the show as well, and agree.

Sidenote: was discussing that I paid $12.70 to attend, and young Australian gent next to me was distraught, he had paid $170 per ticket x2.

(_|_)

gavroche

« Reply #2476 on: May 10, 2017, 10:53:27 am »

very enjoyable Midnight Oil show....some obscure tracks in there, but they delivered the "hits" in the end.

Sidenote: was discussing that I paid $12.70 to attend, and young Australian gent next to me was distraught, he had paid $170 per ticket x2.

I paid face value (with fees) from the presale and I was a bit bummed when I saw the prices plummet on stubhub at the end.  I thought it was a really solid show though.  Peter Garrett sounded great.

Yada

« Reply #2477 on: May 10, 2017, 11:04:09 am »
Moral of the story... never purchase tickets in advance for washed up rockers.

herman otto

« Reply #2478 on: May 10, 2017, 11:04:49 am »
g,url.

« Reply #2479 on: May 10, 2017, 11:10:56 am »
I paid face value (with fees) from the presale and I was a bit bummed when I saw the prices plummet on stubhub at the end.  I thought it was a really solid show though.  Peter Garrett sounded great.
yeah...show was packed, but the market was flooded with cheap tickets

I thought they put on a stellar show.  Peter Garret was just a force to be reckoned with. I hope I'm that limber and enthusiastic at 66!  Really put his all in to the concert and then a little more.  The band sounded really tight and the mix was on point.

I enjoyed the show tremendously, but a part of me was bitter I bought two tix at full price and then had to eat one because of god damned Comey
 (my friend who was going to join me, works as an editor at a political news desk sent me a txt at 7 saying 'comey is cockblocking me')

It was some what comforting that durring a monologue to the crowd he said
was at the hotel room watching the tv getting ready for the show and the lawer and the ex-poli in me said "He just did WHAT!"
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 11:15:51 am by SideOfBacon 🥓🥓🥓🥓 »
slack

« Reply #2480 on: May 10, 2017, 11:12:36 am »
well, it did sell out and hadn't toured in a while...so thought demand would be great
they were anything from washed up too
slack

Yada

« Reply #2481 on: May 10, 2017, 11:16:08 am »
well, it did sell out and hadn't toured in a while...so thought demand would be great

hutch

« Reply #2482 on: May 10, 2017, 11:38:26 am »
some people like to think that because one can't give away a ticket the show sucks/sucked.. but often it is just not so.. i remember having an extra for the stooges show at the 930 in 2007 and all i could get at the door was $15...one of the ten best shows i ever saw..

gavroche

« Reply #2483 on: May 10, 2017, 11:39:10 am »

I'm always a bit surprised by what does and does not sell out or have a good resale market.  I readily admit I should not have Seth's job.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2484 on: May 10, 2017, 11:51:01 am »
I'm always a bit surprised by what does and does not sell out or have a good resale market.  I readily admit I should not have Seth's job.
Sometimes I see it coming but there are definitely surprises. Those two Kraftwerk 3D shows like 3 years ago that sold out in a few days only to have tickets going for $12 for the weeks leading up to it still stuns me.
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #2485 on: May 10, 2017, 12:58:28 pm »
Had a great time at the Midnight Oil show last night. Band was solid and the songs sounded awesome! So glad I finally got to see them.

herman otto

« Reply #2486 on: May 10, 2017, 01:33:42 pm »

I'm interested, in this meme.

gavroche

« Reply #2487 on: May 10, 2017, 03:27:34 pm »
Sometimes I see it coming but there are definitely surprises. Those two Kraftwerk 3D shows like 3 years ago that sold out in a few days only to have tickets going for $12 for the weeks leading up to it still stuns me.

I was hoping the bottom would drop out for Prince's show at the Warner... and it never did.   I still regret missing that one.

Yada

« Reply #2488 on: May 10, 2017, 03:34:06 pm »

I was hoping the bottom would drop out for Prince's show at the Warner... and it never did.   I still regret missing that one.

Me too... I did have the ability to buy the late show tickets but was too #oldandlazy to make that happen.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2489 on: May 10, 2017, 07:22:49 pm »
Yup I remember kraftwerk too but those shows were just ok sadly

(_|_)