Author Topic: Please Vote!  (Read 78697 times)

Starsky

Re: Please Vote!
« Reply #450 on: November 04, 2021, 01:21:16 pm »
I mean isn’t part of the current Republican base low education low income  white voters? You don’t believe there are a lot of those in Virginia? These people tend to vote in much lower numbers than high income voters o say where Democrats consistently win elections like Arlington where you live?

Starsky

« Reply #451 on: November 04, 2021, 01:21:49 pm »
Ok so you say you got nothing

Exactly

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #452 on: November 04, 2021, 01:25:14 pm »
These people tend to vote in much lower numbers than high income voters

what do you base this assertion on?
<sig>

« Reply #453 on: November 04, 2021, 01:26:50 pm »
VA is blue and I"m sticking with that
Terry had so little to offer and I think people just assumed they didn't need to show up with biden's 10point thumping a year ago

also there are a LOT of low income minority voters who don't vote either
slack

Starsky

« Reply #454 on: November 04, 2021, 01:28:31 pm »
VA is blue and I"m sticking with that
Terry had so little to offer and I think people just assumed they didn't need to show up with biden's 10point thumping a year ago

also there are a LOT of low income minority voters who don't vote either

I see. Based on no facts you are sticking with your long rooted beliefs

I wonder who that reminds me of…..

Starsky

« Reply #455 on: November 04, 2021, 01:31:51 pm »
Let’s see a quick glance at Wikipedia tells me 60% of Virginia is non Hispanic white…about 20% black about 10% Hispanic

Interesting

« Reply #456 on: November 04, 2021, 01:34:42 pm »
Let’s see a quick glance at Wikipedia tells me 60% of Virginia is non Hispanic white…about 20% black about 10% Hispanic
Interesting
you can't trust Wikipedia, the Jewish space laser command is manipulating everything you see

so of that 60%...how many are GQP...maybe 75%...so that's less than 50% of the population ...right?
slack

Starsky

« Reply #457 on: November 04, 2021, 01:41:21 pm »
I would bet you 90% of Virginians have no idea how many percentage points Biden won Virginia by…

It’s a common misconception to think others must be like us… like because you know Biden won in a romp most people would know or remember that

Hell I bet you 20% of Virginians are convinced Trump beat Biden and with your logic they thought “I better stay home cause the Republican has this in the bag!”

We heard for a good couple of weeks - everywhere- that the election was going to be close. I don’t believe the difference came down- at all- to people thinking Terry had it in the bag. I don’t see this situation as analogous to Trump v Clinton.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #458 on: November 04, 2021, 01:42:59 pm »

we all do it.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #459 on: November 04, 2021, 01:46:33 pm »

we all do it.

Are you questioning the veracity of the assertion that high income voters are more likely to vote than lower income voters?

https://econofact.org/voting-and-income
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 01:49:14 pm by Starsky »

Starsky

« Reply #460 on: November 04, 2021, 01:52:32 pm »
Anyways this has been fun! See you at the next post election thread where I look forward to sidehatch posting the same stuff. This is the first and last time - after decades of hearing it-I try to question his rationale on always saying that if Democrats all voted we would always win.

« Reply #461 on: November 04, 2021, 02:03:58 pm »
well the real problem is apathy, not sure how we fix that
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #462 on: November 04, 2021, 02:07:24 pm »
Are you questioning the veracity of the assertion that high income voters are more likely to vote than lower income voters?

no, i'm saying we all play with words.  you originally said "in much lower numbers" - that's a matter of interpretation, and the lower income voters increased their participation in 2020, closing the gap.  you also said things like "I would bet you 90% of Virginians have no idea how many percentage points Biden won Virginia by…" and "Hell I bet you 20% of Virginians are convinced Trump beat Biden and with your logic they thought “I better stay home cause the Republican has this in the bag!”" i give you credit for counching you statements with "i bet" but you then proceeded to barrel forward as if your bets were gospel.  we all do it, so you might wanna check yourself.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #463 on: November 04, 2021, 02:16:04 pm »
But if I say they are bets I am expressing that it’s an opinion not a fact.

Sidehatch has been saying it as fact for decades.

I don’t see it as analogous

Yada

« Reply #464 on: November 04, 2021, 02:18:21 pm »
analogous

the walky thread is over there!