Author Topic: Indians 22, Yankees 0  (Read 32772 times)

keithstg

Re: Indians 22, Yankees 0
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2004, 02:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  well, when i am at a Orioles game, no matter WHO is playing, all it takes it a couple shouts of  "yankees suck, yankees suck" and the whole section I'm in is more than happy to pitch in with the fun.

This also works at Blue Jays home games too.

even when the Yankees arent even there!
As a former O's season ticket holder, I bet that most folks chanting just want a break from watching a team that has been comatose since 1997.

Starting Yankees, or any other team sucks chants is lame. Surely you could come up with something more creative...

vansmack

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2004, 02:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by keithstg:
  but these were on kids under the age of ten, whose parents should know better...
My nephew insists on wearing this USC Trojans T-shirt to every game because it has the #5 on it for his favortie player, Reggie Bush.

Of course, the shirt was from the Oregon State game last year and it says FCUK THE BEAVERS on the front and WE'VE GOT BUSH on the back with his number.  Conservative USC parents hassle my brother-in-law all the time "How can you let your child wear that?"  to which he replies "He can't read so unless you tell him what it says, he doesn't know."  Cracks me up.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2004, 02:31:00 pm »

Starting Yankees, or any other team sucks chants is lame. Surely you could come up with something more creative...
yankees suck is traditional, and how intricate of a chant do we need.

should we do the

"I dont like the Yankees cause i am sick and tired of them getting all of the good players because they have more money than other teams and we havent beat them in a meaningful game in a very long time" chant?

that would surely be a lot more lame.

keithstg

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2004, 02:36:00 pm »

should we do the

"I dont like the Yankees cause i am sick and tired of them getting all of the good players because they have more money than other teams and we havent beat them in a meaningful game in a very long time" chant?

that would surely be a lot more lame. [/QB]
The chant you suggested would certainly be less classless than Yankees Suck. And it's not as if the Red Sox are some small market team who relies on a strong farm system to develop and rear talent. They spend more money than 99% of teams, just not as well. If they hadn't absorbed so many huge and stupid contracts over the years (Mike Lansing, Jose Offerman, Dante Bichette come immediately to mind), maybe you would be chanting a different tune.

sonickteam2

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2004, 03:11:00 pm »
and very soon, we will be.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2004, 03:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  My nephew insists on wearing this USC Trojans T-shirt to every game because it has the #5 on it for his favortie player, Reggie Bush.

Of course, the shirt was from the Oregon State game last year and it says FCUK THE BEAVERS on the front and WE'VE GOT BUSH on the back with his number.  Conservative USC parents hassle my brother-in-law all the time "How can you let your child wear that?"  to which he replies "He can't read so unless you tell him what it says, he doesn't know."  Cracks me up.
the fiancee's sister has a kerry wood t-shirt along those lines as well. . the front says "we got wood" and back has a big k.  until recently, she didn't get the double entendre, and she's 16.  the innocence of youth.
OU812

flawd101

« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2004, 07:22:00 pm »
i hate the yankees as much as the next guy but you know the sox will choke.  They can go 155-7(loses to the yankees) and still choke in the playoffs.

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2004, 09:29:00 pm »

hitman

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2004, 12:52:00 am »

Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

i just thought it was funny to mention to rob and that other yankee guy/girl on here.

the way i see it,if the Sox keep playing well, they'll get in , and worry about the playoffs when they get there.
And the funny thing is, when the Yankees beat the Red Sox last year and every other time, I never phoned home or wrote an e mail to my Red Sox fan friends and rubbed it in. You know why? Cause what comes around, goes around. And I know how Red Sox fans are.

My buddy the last time I was up in Boston said that he was at a bar for game seven. He's a huge Red Sox fan but he was laughing at all the people at the bar who were crying when Boone hit the home run. He said he was embarrassed to be a Red Sox fan at that time by their reaction, still chanting "Jeter Blows" and "Yankees Suck". [/b]
When we finally win the world series, trust me, we'll be too damn happy to call the Yankees fans!

we'll be drunk and naked for a week straight! [/b]
Someone is singing "High Hopes"

hitman

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2004, 12:54:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:

If the Sox were blown out last night, I doubt that any Yankee fan member of the forum would have bothered to create a topic.
[/b]
 22-0, to the Indians?  Oh yeah, there would have been a thread....

I was at Fenway last weekend and the number of fans wearing Yankees Suck t-shirts was insane
You'd see them around at many more ballparks than just Fenway, but they're not allowed (they're deemed instigatory at Camden). [/b]
That must be a new rule or something.  I've seen those shirts plenty of times at Camden Yards, including this season, at O's v. Yanks games, and others.

hitman

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2004, 12:59:00 am »

should we do the

that would surely be a lot more lame. [/b]
Oh for Christ' sake.  I'm so fucking tired of hearing the shit about money.  If Boston got A-Rod, then the damn conversation would be different.  Don't forget, Boston spent a hell of a lot more money this past offseason than NY.  Let alone the fact that if it wasn't for the Yankees and luxury taxes/revenue sharing, how in the hell would San Diego, Minnesota, Oakland, Milwaukee (and the host of other small markets) even field a damn team.  The Yankees have money because ownership puts money in the team, because the GM knows how to handle money, and they have excellent handlers in other depts.  Angelos puts more money into the Greek Olympic Baseball Team than he does the Orioles around here.

hitman

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2004, 01:02:00 am »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:
  Newsflash!
Yahoo Sports must not be configured for a Mac or Comcast or something.  I click on the link and get nowhere, and when my brother visited sometime back, he needed to log on to check his Fantasy league, and he couldn't get the site either.

Guiny

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2004, 09:19:00 am »
Originally posted by hitman:
 Oh for Christ' sake.  I'm so fucking tired of hearing the shit about money.  If Boston got A-Rod, then the damn conversation would be different.  Don't forget, Boston spent a hell of a lot more money this past offseason than NY.  Let alone the fact that if it wasn't for the Yankees and luxury taxes/revenue sharing, how in the hell would San Diego, Minnesota, Oakland, Milwaukee (and the host of other small markets) even field a damn team.  The Yankees have money because ownership puts money in the team, because the GM knows how to handle money, and they have excellent handlers in other depts.  Angelos puts more money into the Greek Olympic Baseball Team than he does the Orioles around here. [/QB]
From what Peter Gammons said at the beginning of the season, the small market teams that get all that money from the Yankees just pocket the money instead of using it towards the team. Thats why we see the big difference in spending. Steinbrennar spends the money on his team. Minnesota, Cincinnati and Kansas Citys payroll would be much higher if they just used the money they get. It's funny how the Red Sox were right with the Yankess before the Yankees signed A-Rod, then John Henry for the first time started whining about the spending.......hypocrite.

Guiny

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2004, 09:21:00 am »
You know whats funny? The Yankees scored five runs last night and still got the same amount of wins as the Indians did when they scored twenty two runs. I guess A-Rod was right when he said it's ONLY one loss.......What a concept.

sonickteam2

« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2004, 09:56:00 am »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Originally posted by hitman:
 Oh for Christ' sake.  I'm so fucking tired of hearing the shit about money.  If Boston got A-Rod, then the damn conversation would be different.  Don't forget, Boston spent a hell of a lot more money this past offseason than NY.  Let alone the fact that if it wasn't for the Yankees and luxury taxes/revenue sharing, how in the hell would San Diego, Minnesota, Oakland, Milwaukee (and the host of other small markets) even field a damn team.  The Yankees have money because ownership puts money in the team, because the GM knows how to handle money, and they have excellent handlers in other depts.  Angelos puts more money into the Greek Olympic Baseball Team than he does the Orioles around here. [/b]
From what Peter Gammons said at the beginning of the season, the small market teams that get all that money from the Yankees just pocket the money instead of using it towards the team. Thats why we see the big difference in spending. Steinbrennar spends the money on his team. Minnesota, Cincinnati and Kansas Citys payroll would be much higher if they just used the money they get. It's funny how the Red Sox were right with the Yankess before the Yankees signed A-Rod, then John Henry for the first time started whining about the spending.......hypocrite. [/QB]
just for the record.  i never wanted A-Rod.

i hate A-Rod.  i didnt like him in Texas.  Besides, we already have an overpaid player on the team (Ramirez).