Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 67746 times)

markie

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2003, 10:32:00 am »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:

Your McLusky example is poor.  
Why? Mclusky did support them.

Dont you mean the choice of which band went on first was poor?

sonickteam2

« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2003, 10:40:00 am »
Originally posted by bags:
  (1)  You fellas were up late talking about this shit!  I was decompressing from a fantastic Fountains of Wayne show.  Thank god the boys are back on it; after the last show I was worried.  Still, it was an odd show -- talk about a range of ages.  My friend and I actually thought there was a family reunion taking up the entire left balcony, because it looked like all kinds of kids, parents, aunts & uncles and grandparents!!!

Fountains of Wayne are great arent they!?  My girlfriend adores them , and I got to see them in Wisconsin last week....and bought thier CD yesterday.  I wanted to see them last night, but was still in the midwest  :(  
    I wouldve been nice to see them without all of the Wilco hipsters all over the place!

vansmack

« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2003, 10:43:00 am »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  The Breeders last album may not have been very good, but you can't deny that Last Splash still sounds great.  They were certainly not past their prime at the show I saw in 2002.  Other members of the board can attest to that.  

Not that I have any cred, but I'll second thirsty on this one.

I still listen to last splash and the 2002 show was brilliant.
27>34

Bags

« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2003, 10:49:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Originally posted by bags:
  (1)  You fellas were up late talking about this shit!  I was decompressing from a fantastic Fountains of Wayne show.  Thank god the boys are back on it; after the last show I was worried.  Still, it was an odd show -- talk about a range of ages.  My friend and I actually thought there was a family reunion taking up the entire left balcony, because it looked like all kinds of kids, parents, aunts & uncles and grandparents!!!

Fountains of Wayne are great arent they!?  My girlfriend adores them , and I got to see them in Wisconsin last week....and bought thier CD yesterday.  I wanted to see them last night, but was still in the midwest   :(  
    I wouldve been nice to see them without all of the Wilco hipsters all over the place! [/b]
YES, Fountains of Wayne are great.  But the last time they came through town their show was dismal.  I think it was a combination of their scheduling the dates thinking the album would be out, plus it was their first show on a short "pre-release" tour.  They were horrible; played for 55 minutes and truly phoned it in.  So we were really worried, and assuming, that the album would suck and they had lost their charmed existence.

Thank goodness we were wrong.  The album is fantastic; one of the catchiest things you've heard in ages.  And the show kicked ass -- every song was better than the studio versions.

Sorry you missed it, but you did see them in Wisconsin.  The almost sold out crowd last night was a tiny bit weird as well.....

« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2003, 10:54:00 am »
Am I a Wilco hipster if I saw them on their first tour and think Being There is their best album?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2003, 10:56:00 am »
wanted to see FoW last night, but g/f and i were just too tired after travelling for 10 of the past 12 days, that we just wanted to stay at home.  just got the cd while in chicago last weekend, and have only had a chance to listen to it once, but it's gonna be a good summer cd from that first listen.  

looking forward to the fall though.
OU812

sonickteam2

« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2003, 11:22:00 am »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  wanted to see FoW last night, but g/f and i were just too tired after travelling for 10 of the past 12 days, that we just wanted to stay at home.  just got the cd while in chicago last weekend, and have only had a chance to listen to it once, but it's gonna be a good summer cd from that first listen.  

looking forward to the fall though.
you were in Chicago last weekend?  me too! Although this time of year (Summerfest) i had more fun in Milwaukee.

sonickteam2

« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2003, 11:23:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Am I a Wilco hipster if I saw them on their first tour and think Being There is their best album?
yes   you are a hipster, either way.

sonickteam2

« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2003, 11:25:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
yes   you are a hipster, either way.

markie

« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2003, 04:11:00 pm »
Nothing for Markie this week..... Well Powermann 5000 could be funny.

A Perfect Circle
 @ 9:30 Club â?¢ Washington, DC
 Tickets on sale Sat. 7/12 @ Noon through Tickets.com
 Â    SAT. AUG. 2
 $27.50
 Â 
 Â 
 Adema & Powermn 5000
 w/ Spineshank & Fingertight
 Â    MON. AUG. 11
 $15.00
 Â 
 Â 
 Greyboy Allstars
 Â    FRI. AUG. 15
 $25.00
 Â 
 Â 
 Jason Mraz & Liz Phair
 w/ Sondre Lerche
 8pm Doors
 Â    SAT. AUG. 16
 $25.00
 Â 
 Â 
 George Clinton
 Â    WED. AUG. 20
 $35.00
 Â 
 Â 
 The String Chesse Incident
 @ GMU Patriot Center â?¢ Fairfax, VA
 Tickets on Sale Sat. 7/12 @ 11am through Ticketmaster. 202.432.SEAT/ www.ticketmaster.com

Venerable Bede

« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2003, 04:05:00 pm »
according to pollstar, built to spill will be at 930 on october 3.  get out your cover requests for that show.
OU812

jadetree

« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2003, 04:07:00 pm »
  according to pollstar, built to spill will be at 930 on october 3.  get out your cover requests for that show.
shows I am finding out about today, is becoming a little overwhelming

Venerable Bede

« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2003, 04:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bob Pollard:
should nkotb and i expect to see you in philly for the gbv show?  although i'm expecting gbv to be in dc the following night.
OU812

jadetree

« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2003, 04:09:00 pm »

Originally posted by Bob Pollard:
should nkotb and i expect to see you in philly for the gbv show?  although i'm expecting gbv to be in dc the following night. [/b]
bought my philly tickets today, also expecting dc the next night

markie

« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2003, 04:09:00 pm »
As Bob Pollard pointed out check the blackcat site for shows by the:

libertines
 Cursive
 Ted Leo