Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 67764 times)

Bags

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #300 on: August 21, 2003, 10:44:00 am »
Thanks, GGW

markie

« Reply #301 on: August 21, 2003, 10:47:00 am »
Originally posted by SPARX:
  [\                                                                                             I'll stay mute.As for  him laughing, you don't know him very well then(it's happened elsewhere).I was just kidding though ,we'd miss you.
So, that begs the question, what happened to the other imposter? Do you have any more crazy Anton stories to share?

SPARX

« Reply #302 on: August 21, 2003, 01:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:

[\                                                                                             I'll stay mute.As for  him laughing, you don't know him very well then(it's happened elsewhere).I was just kidding though ,we'd miss you.
So, that begs the question, what happened to the other imposter? Do you have any more crazy Anton stories to share? [/b]
Tons,but none that I'm willing to share on a public forum.I enjoy my health.This other imposter had the gall/stupidity to impersonat e him on Antons yahoogroup .Needless to say he verbally tore him a new asshole  .Anton can be highly entertaining on that forum.His mood swings are legendary.

markie

« Reply #303 on: August 21, 2003, 01:36:00 pm »
  Tons,but none that I'm willing to share on a public forum.I enjoy my health.This other imposter had the gall/stupidity to impersonat e him on Antons yahoogroup .Needless to say he verbally tore him a new asshole  .Anton can be highly entertaining on that forum.His mood swings are legendary.
You are just teasing now...... I think I could hold my own with Anton in a slagging match. I have had plenty of practice..... I have never been to his forum. It sounds like a fun place to go.......

« Reply #304 on: August 21, 2003, 01:36:00 pm »
This Anton fella sounds a bit like Ryan Adams.

So, that begs the question, what happened to the other imposter? Do you have any more crazy Anton stories to share? [/b]
Tons,but none that I'm willing to share on a public forum.I enjoy my health.This other imposter had the gall/stupidity to impersonat e him on Antons yahoogroup .Needless to say he verbally tore him a new asshole  .Anton can be highly entertaining on that forum.His mood swings are legendary. [/b]

SPARX

« Reply #305 on: August 21, 2003, 03:34:00 pm »

[/b]
You are just teasing now...... I think I could hold my own with Anton in a slagging match. I have had plenty of practice..... I have never been to his forum. It sounds like a fun place to go....... [/QB]
The BJM forum is definitely a prety cool slice fo cyberspace.People love to antagonize Anton and he definitely never lets it pass by.As for holding your own,whatever you say..who am I to say otherwise.The man is witty as all get out,haven't seen ANYBODY get the best of him yet,including TVT.Did you see what he did in Canada last week>I posted it elsewhere under can't keep a good man down..Only downside to that forum is its mostly LA based chatter,not that it's a bad thing mind you,but they have so many cool happenings out there,it gets depressing,being 3000 mile away.Made friends with alot of good folk on there.

ggw

« Reply #306 on: August 21, 2003, 03:46:00 pm »
 You are just teasing now...... I think I could hold my own with Anton in a slagging match. I have had plenty of practice..... I have never been to his forum. It sounds like a fun place to go.......
Does anyone have a link to the Delgados website?

markie

« Reply #307 on: August 21, 2003, 05:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Does anyone have a link to the Delgados website? [/b][/QUOTE]

http://www.delgados.co.uk/

Oh and thanks again Sparx.

slappy

« Reply #308 on: August 21, 2003, 05:36:00 pm »
All the talk about opening bands for BJM had me thinking The Warlocks would be a cool opener.

It looks like that won't happen... They're now opening for BRMC! Just as cool.

jadetree

« Reply #309 on: August 22, 2003, 03:23:00 pm »
SPARX, have you heard anything about the Sights opening for GBV when they get back from Europe.

SPARX

« Reply #310 on: August 22, 2003, 03:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by jadetree:
  SPARX, have you heard anything about the Sights opening for GBV when they get back from Europe.
Not a peep.I wouldn't be surprised if they had a different opener for the US  shows though.All GBV chatter now revolves around the new release.Anybody who bought it get a golden ticket good for a free box set?Any comments on the packaging for the new one?

sonickteam2

« Reply #311 on: August 22, 2003, 03:29:00 pm »
HOW ABOUT THIS SHIT......

JUST ANNOUNCED!
 STRYPER
 Reunion Tour (all original members)
 Sunday, October 5

www.stryper.com

Tickets go on sale Wednesday, August 20 @ 10am through Ticketmaster
 and 2pm at Recher Box Office

jadetree

« Reply #312 on: August 22, 2003, 03:37:00 pm »
  Not a peep.I wouldn't be surprised if they had a different opener for the US  shows though.All GBV chatter now revolves around the new release.Anybody who bought it get a golden ticket good for a free box set?Any comments on the packaging for the new one?
What number did you get Sparx?  Mine was in the 31000s, thought it would be lower considering I preordered from Matador, no Golden Ticket for me.  Love the album though, I already like it more than the last 3.

SPARX

« Reply #313 on: August 22, 2003, 03:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by jadetree:

What number did you get Sparx?  Mine was in the 31000s, thought it would be lower considering I preordered from Matador, no Golden Ticket for me.  Love the album though, I already like it more than the last 3. [/b]
I too like it better than the last 3.Although I did really like a few songs off ID alot.Not sure about the #,mine was a promo ,I've had it awhile.31,000's is a good sign for sales,considering it was a preorder.No  box set for me unfortunately.Haven't heard of anybody with the GT yet and they sure are upset on PB.Talk about your rabid fans.You'd think at least one person on their e-group would've gotten one.They did send me some cool posters and post cards though.

jadetree

« Reply #314 on: August 22, 2003, 03:57:00 pm »
  I too like it better than the last 3.Although I did really like a few songs off ID alot.Not sure about the #,mine was a promo ,I've had it awhile.31,000's is a good sign for sales,considering it was a preorder.No  box set for me unfortunately.Haven't heard of anybody with the GT yet and they sure are upset on PB.Talk about your rabid fans.You'd think at least one person on their e-group would've gotten one.They did send me some cool posters and post cards though.
I have been reading PB the last few days, was surprised about the lack of Golden Ticket.