Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 67763 times)

SPARX

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #315 on: August 22, 2003, 04:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by jadetree:

[/b]
I have been reading PB the last few days, was surprised about the lack of Golden Ticket. [/QB]
Even Sujan from Matador/BB was surprised by that I think.Those folks buy Bob's stuff by the armloads.

jadetree

« Reply #316 on: August 22, 2003, 04:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:
 Even Sujan from Matador/BB was surprised by that I think.Those folks buy Bob's stuff by the armloads.
surprised by how many seemed to have bought multiple copies

SPARX

« Reply #317 on: August 22, 2003, 04:08:00 pm »
[/qb]
surprised by how many seemed to have bought multiple copies [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                             I think GBV have one of the most loyal fanbases on the planet.Not only do they buy multiple copies but they;ll travel 100's even 1000's of miles for shows.I have met some good people from that list though,tight knit bunch.

Bags

« Reply #318 on: August 22, 2003, 04:16:00 pm »

SPARX, have you heard anything about the Sights opening for GBV when they get back from Europe.
Not a peep.I wouldn't be surprised if they had a different opener for the US  shows though.All GBV chatter now revolves around the new release.Anybody who bought it get a golden ticket good for a free box set?Any comments on the packaging for the new one? [/b]
Hey, I just got the 'limited edition' album with the free sticker and "the chance to win a copy of the upcoming 5 CD and DVD definitive GBV box set."  Couldn't figure out what 'the chance' was -- so, it's like the Willy Wonka golden ticket deal?

FYI, on the packaging -- why you asking?  Did you do it?

ggw

« Reply #319 on: August 22, 2003, 04:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  HOW ABOUT THIS SHIT......

JUST ANNOUNCED!
 STRYPER
 Reunion Tour (all original members)
 Sunday, October 5

www.stryper.com

Tickets go on sale Wednesday, August 20 @ 10am through Ticketmaster
 and 2pm at Recher Box Office
I guess Celeste and her friends have really been buying up the tickets.  They've even had to add a second show at Jaxx.

SPARX

« Reply #320 on: August 22, 2003, 04:17:00 pm »
][/QUOTE]Hey, I just got the 'limited edition' album with the free sticker and "the chance to win a copy of the upcoming 5 CD and DVD definitive GBV box set."  Couldn't figure out what 'the chance' was -- so, it's like the Willy Wonka golden ticket deal? [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                             Exactly,so you didn't get one either?

Bags

« Reply #321 on: August 22, 2003, 04:18:00 pm »

Not a peep.I wouldn't be surprised if they had a different opener for the US  shows though.All GBV chatter now revolves around the new release.Anybody who bought it get a golden ticket good for a free box set?Any comments on the packaging for the new one?
What number did you get Sparx?  Mine was in the 31000s, thought it would be lower considering I preordered from Matador, no Golden Ticket for me.  Love the album though, I already like it more than the last 3. [/b]
Wow, I got No 01429 at Borders this afternoon (no cracks, I had a coupon, and I listened to Grandaddy on the listening station  -- yuck)

markie

« Reply #322 on: August 22, 2003, 04:19:00 pm »
Hey GGW, I dont have stryper, but is there anything else you want me to burn for you? Other than an effigy of Rhett........

ggw

« Reply #323 on: August 25, 2003, 11:00:00 am »
So it looks like Bob Mould has moved his Blowoff gig to the Backbar at the 9:30 on Saturday nights.

http://www.bobmould.com/tour/dates/

Bags

« Reply #324 on: August 25, 2003, 02:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  So it looks like Bob Mould has moved his Blowoff gig to the Backbar at the 9:30 on Saturday nights.

http://www.bobmould.com/tour/dates/
I went to the blowoff there -- last month?  They had moved to Back Bar because Velvet Lounge was closed for a day due to some kind of permitting problem.  It's a tight space, and it was SO frickin' hot.  I think the whole thing should move to the back stage at Black Cat.

I will say, Sat. night is WAY better.  Though I know Sunday is historically a good gay dance night (but, I think that's probably due to places only giving over their venues over for 'gay nights' on Sunday rather than a good weekend night).

jadetree

« Reply #325 on: August 26, 2003, 10:39:00 am »
The Tyde are no longer playing with Nada Surf

Bags

« Reply #326 on: August 26, 2003, 10:46:00 am »
  The Tyde are no longer playing with Nada Surf
You're shitting me.  Goddamn it.  And the Long Winters, who are playing almost every Death Cab show, aren't opening for them here either.

I feel like I'm in a world of misery (she says, with about 18 other shows to see....).

Plus, the LW CMJ show is on Wednesday in New York.  Can't do that either!

Jaguär

« Reply #327 on: August 27, 2003, 03:04:00 am »
My lamant is that The Stills aren't playing this leg of the Interpol tour.   ;)

Jaguär

« Reply #328 on: August 27, 2003, 04:26:00 am »
Elbow should be around on this side of the pond in about November. Take that with as many beers as Guy Garvey had before he told a friend of mine the other night who was hanging out with him for awhile in a pub in Manchester.

ggw

« Reply #329 on: August 27, 2003, 11:12:00 am »
Tommy Keene -- September 6 @ iota