Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2600764 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #1665 on: October 15, 2011, 11:44:05 pm »
Thurston gets Beck and all of The Fall lands.

and when she talked about the Fall
I thought she talked about Mark E. Smith
I never understood at all
(o|o)

Papa_Wallace

« Reply #1666 on: October 16, 2011, 12:38:35 am »

I know it seems shocking when the King and Queen of the College Rock Kingdom breakup.  All the minions are in panic (it's been a bad month for mindless followers, hasn't it?)  How will the country be ruled?!?!?

But relax.  I hear they've already worked out a custody agreement.  Kim gets Arcade Fire and all of the Crystal Castles territory while Thurston gets Beck and all of The Fall lands.

Brian
Boogie, you've been such a good boy lately.

Why do you have to go back to this silliness? Remember that Beatles song I used to play for you? "In the end the love you take is equal to the love you make". Your mother and I love you. Spread some love to the kids instead of being a douche.

Papa

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #1667 on: October 16, 2011, 10:05:11 am »
Have a little compassion Brian. Remember how devestated you were when Pete and Ashlee split. I bet you didn't leave your room for a week.

Big difference.  Fall Out Boy wrote some actual songs.  Actual tunes that a lot of people enjoyed, sang along to, fell in/out of love to, etc.  Sonic Youth were a post-rock noise ideal.

Hmm, Brazilian vacation centered around a possibly last opportunity to see Sonic Youth, anyone?

P.S. Brian and his obviously pent up rage (this place notwithstanding) sometimes forces me to wonder if he will be the next Metro suicide.

Why?  It's not just a myth is it?  There really IS some alt rock bucket list isn't there?  Do you get it if you have pitchfork as a web browser favorite?  Or do you get it with a special case purchase of PBR?  Why go to Brazil (!) to see a band that you clearly ignored when they played the 930 club?  I mean, they are a band you respect and admire, but you don't LOVE Sonic Youth.  That's probably what Kim Gordon finally realised.  Thurston loved her, but he'd always love a cassette tape made by Hungarian postal workers playing Disney Princess dialogue in a death-metal style more.  It's the Nirvana effect.  Gen-X adults doing things they think they should because their lives are so empty obsessing over cell phones.  The Pixies aren't selling out dates in 2011 because their music is so beloved.  Don't kid yourselves.

And suicide?  No.  I have SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR!

-  I may wake up and find either Paul or Ringo on their backs, unable to flip over.  Then there will FINALLY be a Fab Four reunion.

- The deification (its already happened to St. Steve Jobs.  Let's keep it going!) of St. Bruce in Sea Bright.  The first sign will be stigmata on Snooki.  Like, the Third Testament.

- The great Radiohead scandal of 2013 when some hipster in Williamsburg realizes that Radiohead's new album is just "In Rainbows" played backwards.

, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Brian

azaghal1981

« Reply #1668 on: October 16, 2011, 10:15:19 am »
Thanks for telling me who I do and don't love.

And whoever said I ignored them when they came to town?

I hope you at least decide to leave a note here before you take that leap.

Papa, it is never too late while he is still living! Get him off that computer and into a psych ward.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 10:28:47 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

hutch

« Reply #1669 on: October 16, 2011, 12:11:31 pm »
I mean, they are a band you respect and admire, but you don't LOVE Sonic Youth. 

The above sums up the way I feel about Sonic Youth..

About the only album I liked of theirs was Goo.  Never saw them live... they were supposed to open for Pearl Jam at Merriweather back in 2000 or so but did not play due to some tragedy.. I did see Thurston at a solo show at the Black Cat mid 90s or something.. can't remember anything about the show.

Papa_Wallace

« Reply #1670 on: October 16, 2011, 01:14:05 pm »

-  I may wake up and find either Paul or Ringo on their backs, unable to flip over.  Then there will FINALLY be a Fab Four reunion.

- The deification (its already happened to St. Steve Jobs.  Let's keep it going!) of St. Bruce in Sea Bright.  The first sign will be stigmata on Snooki.  Like, the Third Testament.

- The great Radiohead scandal of 2013 when some hipster in Williamsburg realizes that Radiohead's new album is just "In Rainbows" played backwards.

, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Brian

Boogie, you found my stash of 'shrooms didn't you? Aw man, I told you they just make your anger more nonsensical. The kids here will give you love if you just mellow out. They won't make too much fun of your music tastes if you dropped the superiority shtick. Look at Ringo, he's always been humble and never bummed John out like George and Paul.

Papa

Mobius

« Reply #1671 on: October 16, 2011, 06:00:45 pm »

Fall Out Boy wrote some actual songs.  Actual tunes that a lot of people enjoyed, sang along to, fell in/out of love to, etc.  Sonic Youth were a post-rock noise ideal.

Brian

Source?

James Ford

« Reply #1672 on: October 16, 2011, 09:32:09 pm »
dan wheldon

vansmack

« Reply #1673 on: October 16, 2011, 10:28:39 pm »
dan wheldon

Such a bummer - knew it when I saw that crash that not everyone was going to walk away. 
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #1674 on: October 20, 2011, 10:44:00 am »
Another fly has dropped...Moomar Kadaffi

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1675 on: October 20, 2011, 10:52:51 am »
Grisly photos at cnn.com  :-\

imbecile

« Reply #1676 on: October 20, 2011, 11:54:58 am »
Speaking of grisly:

18 Bengal Tigers, 17 Lions, 6 Black Bears, 2 Grizzly Bears, 3 Mountain Lions, and a Baboon.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1677 on: October 20, 2011, 12:31:17 pm »
Speaking of grisly:

18 Bengal Tigers, 17 Lions, 6 Black Bears, 2 Grizzly Bears, 3 Mountain Lions, and a Baboon.

+ 1 moron

James Ford

« Reply #1678 on: October 20, 2011, 04:00:58 pm »
Are there any leaders of a nation who even looked half the rock star this guy did?

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1679 on: October 20, 2011, 04:30:09 pm »
Looks like the bloke from Sparks....