Author Topic: Morrissey  (Read 32083 times)

Vas Deferens

  • Member
  • Posts: 8994
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2007, 12:18:00 pm »
I did enjoy it, but Wolftrap was much better. I was just saying that I don't think it's worth $75. I got in free last night basically cause I paid $35 for the pair and sold 1 ticket at $30, then I found $10 on the sidewalk on the way to the parking garage  :)
 
 
Quote
Originally posted by Shemp:
   
Quote
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  Great seats released at $64. Based on last night's show, I wouldn't buy at that price, but $19 (plus fees) is good.
 
 I want to go to the box office tonight to buy at the 930 club to avoid the fees    :)    Or who is kind enough to do it?  heh
You didn't like last night's show? [/b]
(_|_)

xneverwherex

  • Member
  • Posts: 2109
    • Pics and more pics
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2007, 02:14:00 pm »
setlist from last nights show
 
 The Loop / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Last Of The Famous International Playboys / Sister, I'm A Poet / All You Need Is Me / London / Billy Budd / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / That's How People Grow Up / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself? / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I Like You / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Tomorrow / Stretch Out And Wait / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Death Of A Disco Dancer / Jack The Ripper / How Soon Is Now? // First Of The Gang To Die
HeyLa

saintangelsin

  • Member
  • Posts: 350
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2007, 02:26:00 pm »
Last night's show was so fucking good. I was only 4 feet away from Morrissey and I felt like I was near a holy man or something.
 
 I remember being so fucking surprised when he did "Stop Me If You Think That You've Heard This One Before", "Jack The Ripper", "Tomorrow", and "Last of the Famous International Playboys."
 
 I won't lie, I really really really wanted Suedehead and Still Ill or Panic. Maybe it would be worth the 19 bucks to go see him again in hopes of hearing those songs.
 
 Anyway, I'm exhausted from last night. It was a beautifully intense show. And Thank you to xneverwherex for posting the setlist!

xneverwherex

  • Member
  • Posts: 2109
    • Pics and more pics
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2007, 02:44:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by saintangelsin:
  Last night's show was so fucking good. I was only 4 feet away from Morrissey and I felt like I was near a holy man or something.
 
 I remember being so fucking surprised when he did "Stop Me If You Think That You've Heard This One Before", "Jack The Ripper", "Tomorrow", and "Last of the Famous International Playboys."
 
 I won't lie, I really really really wanted Suedehead and Still Ill or Panic. Maybe it would be worth the 19 bucks to go see him again in hopes of hearing those songs.
 
 Anyway, I'm exhausted from last night. It was a beautifully intense show. And Thank you to xneverwherex for posting the setlist!
youre welcome. its off of morrissey-solo.com. and surprised that you had no clue moz was playing those songs - i guess i had been reading about his shows for awhile, and theres quite a bit of cross-over.
 
 glad to hear how much you loved the show. makes me so happy. i felt the same way after each of his shows and i still cant get some of his songs out of my head. and you might wanna go to that website. i dont think hes been playing any of those songs. i heard he had been playing every day is like sunday' in california.
HeyLa

Mobius

  • Member
  • Posts: 1237
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2007, 04:11:00 pm »
I assume Moz in a tux and the band in loinclothes was special for Halloween and not typical for the tour??

xneverwherex

  • Member
  • Posts: 2109
    • Pics and more pics
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2007, 04:12:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Mobius:
  I assume Moz in a tux and the band in loinclothes was special for Halloween and not typical for the tour??
i wish it had been like that for the other shows   :D
HeyLa

930clubber

  • Member
  • Posts: 277
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »
I was set on seeing Dan Deacon Friday but all this talk of Morrissey has gotten me interested in the DAR show.
 
 I hate begging for tickets at shows but it has worked for me two or three times.  But those attempts were for much smaller shows.  Any advice on where to stand, what time relative to show time to try, negotiating, etc, etc?  Thanks.

vansmack

  • Member
  • Posts: 19717
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2007, 04:16:00 pm »
Wear revealing clothing....
27>34

xneverwherex

  • Member
  • Posts: 2109
    • Pics and more pics
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2007, 04:19:00 pm »
you can buy last chance tix for $19 on ticketmaster. and dont worry the diehard fans will be lined up at 8am. you can see if julia can get you a ticket.
HeyLa

Venerable Bede

  • Member
  • Posts: 3863
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2007, 04:24:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  setlist from last nights show
 
 The Loop / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Last Of The Famous International Playboys / Sister, I'm A Poet / All You Need Is Me / London / Billy Budd / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / That's How People Grow Up / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself? / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I Like You / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Tomorrow / Stretch Out And Wait / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Death Of A Disco Dancer / Jack The Ripper / How Soon Is Now? // First Of The Gang To Die
no november spawned a monster, eh?  halloween 1991 was one of my very first shows, and it was morrissey who opened with november spawned a monster.  course, he had less material to play back then.
OU812

930clubber

  • Member
  • Posts: 277
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »
Those tickets went on sale today 10 AM and, uh, I just checked there are some available!  ($31 total online.)
 
 So now I am in a quandary, O-Section tix for Moz at DAR or Dan Deacon at GU??  Help?
 
 
Quote
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  you can buy last chance tix for $19 on ticketmaster. and dont worry the diehard fans will be lined up at 8am. you can see if julia can get you a ticket.

lomein

  • Member
  • Posts: 87
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2007, 04:54:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
   
Quote
Originally posted by lomein:
  I'm so mad that I have to miss the show tonight. God damn Richmond, $65 tickets and having an 8am class tomorrow.
If it's skip Morrissey or miss class, then I'm sorry class, but that's just me. [/b]
it was more that a trip to Baltimore + ticket would have put me out about a hundred bucks plus I didn't really feel like a 6 hour round trip drive when I'm also going to the show tomorrow night. But I still wish I'd gone because you're right, it is morrissey.

xneverwherex

  • Member
  • Posts: 2109
    • Pics and more pics
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2007, 05:19:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
   
Quote
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  setlist from last nights show
 
 The Loop / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Last Of The Famous International Playboys / Sister, I'm A Poet / All You Need Is Me / London / Billy Budd / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / That's How People Grow Up / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself? / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I Like You / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Tomorrow / Stretch Out And Wait / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Death Of A Disco Dancer / Jack The Ripper / How Soon Is Now? // First Of The Gang To Die
no november spawned a monster, eh?  halloween 1991 was one of my very first shows, and it was morrissey who opened with november spawned a monster.  course, he had less material to play back then. [/b]
sweet i was at that same show. impressive that you remember what he opened with. and yeah a lot less material, plus he wasnt playing smiths songs then. i havent heard that song live in awhile.
HeyLa

bearman🐻

  • Member
  • Posts: 5442
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2007, 05:25:00 pm »
I used to know this girl who saw the Smiths at the Smith Center at GWU back in 1986. I guess they only played a few songs and someone threw something and hit Morrissey. He stomped off and that was it, but she got to hang with Mike Joyce and Johnny Marr and got a ton of photos with them. I would imagine they would be filling the Patriot Center if they toured nowadays.

saintangelsin

  • Member
  • Posts: 350
Re: Morrissey
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2007, 05:39:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
 youre welcome. its off of morrissey-solo.com. and surprised that you had no clue moz was playing those songs - i guess i had been reading about his shows for awhile, and theres quite a bit of cross-over.
 
 glad to hear how much you loved the show. makes me so happy. i felt the same way after each of his shows and i still cant get some of his songs out of my head. and you might wanna go to that website. i dont think hes been playing any of those songs. i heard he had been playing every day is like sunday' in california.
My friends and I swore to each other that we weren't going to spoil surprises for ourselves. I haven't gone to morrissey-solo in a long time because of the deal I made with myself and my friends. However, my one friend did cheat a little about a month ago and said something to me about "Stretch Out and Wait." It is a pretty obscure smiths song in terms that you have to know the albums in order to know that particular song. Anyway, there's a fun rush when he starts playing something totally out of nowhere or what seems out of nowhere haha.
 
 I saw Moz back in September of 2004 and was hoping to hear "Tomorrow" but didn't, so you can imagine how loud I must've screamed when he started playing that one last night.
 
 I had a feeling "Girlfriend in a Coma" might happen because he did play it at Wolftrap. (I stopped following the tour when it ended in the summer so I wouldn't ruin any thrills.)
 
 The nice thing is that back in 2004, he did play "Everyday is like Sunday" so I did get my fix of that song. I just really was hoping to hear Suedehead and maybe one of the singles from his recent album, but really though, I was pretty damn happy with the set.