Author Topic: Recommend some good movies!  (Read 258321 times)

Space Freely

Re: Recommend some good movies!
« Reply #510 on: August 24, 2018, 02:37:57 pm »
Juliet Naked is no great shakes but is an enjoyable 90 minutes.

Loved the book

I was going to say then it's about the equivalent of the book.

hutch

« Reply #511 on: August 24, 2018, 02:44:32 pm »
really enjoy nick hornby books...... pleasurable easy reading

No it does not rise to the level of my favorites or great literature but sometimes just want to read something fun

any book based around a musical motif like hi fidelity or Juliet naked would appeal to a boardie because we all know music obsessos

I also think Hornby writes very amusing dialogue....his last one is delicious

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #512 on: August 24, 2018, 02:56:20 pm »
space . . . and blowjobs, go together like, bullets and guns.

Preach.
Isn't oral sex really the best reason in the world to be alive?

confirmed.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #513 on: August 24, 2018, 03:29:39 pm »
Bunch of sodomites

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #514 on: August 27, 2018, 10:41:50 am »
summer of '84 . . . very good.  nailed it.  great characters.  the ending.  in a world, before electronics ruined our lives.  meta.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #515 on: September 30, 2018, 02:02:12 pm »
Baby Driver.   I don't know why I like this movie, but I do.   And, I am glad that Kevin Spacey is out of movies, because he is horrible.

Space Freely

« Reply #516 on: October 01, 2018, 04:14:27 pm »
Valley Uprising, which about the history of climbing at Yosemite, was excellent. (streaming on Netflix)

Mountain, also about climbing, just started streaming on Netflix. On my list to watch. Also Free Solo, about Alex Honnold's climbing of El Capitan without ropes, opens this weekend in theaters.

I'm way too chickenshit and now too fat and old to do any of that, but it's a fascinating movie topic.

Relaxer

« Reply #517 on: October 03, 2018, 10:46:31 am »
Not for the weak-hearted/stomached but I just saw A Prayer Before Dawn about a British guy that gets thrown into a Thai prison and has to fight his way out. It is among the most intense and visceral movies I've ever seen. The depictions and visuals of male bodies are unreal (and please let's not go for the obvious homophobic jokes) and I am in awe of the director being able to set up some of the shots.
oword

ggw

« Reply #518 on: October 03, 2018, 11:09:08 am »
Is that a Jean Claude Van Damme flick?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #519 on: October 03, 2018, 11:26:45 am »
(and please let's not go for the obvious homophobic jokes)
Don’t you dare try and stifle my free expression.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #520 on: October 12, 2018, 12:49:55 pm »

The band have just announced a new film, A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS, which throws the doors wide open on Coldplay's colourful 20 year history. The film will be available to stream exclusively on Amazon Prime Video from Friday, November 16 in the UK, US, Australia and New Zealand, with local language versions available globally soon after. Click here to watch the film's trailer.

The documentary release will be preceded by a special one-night showing of the film in collaboration with Trafalgar Releasing in more than 2,000 cinemas globally, on Wednesday, November 14. Tickets are on sale from Friday, October 19 from coldplay.film.

A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS offers an in-depth and intimate portrait of the band’s spectacular rise from the backrooms of Camden pubs to selling out stadiums across the planet. 

The film is helmed by Mat Whitecross - director of Supersonic, the acclaimed 2016 Oasis documentary - who met the four friends at college in 1996, before they’d even formed the band. From the very first rehearsal in a cramped student bedroom, Mat has been there to capture the music and the relationships on tape.

In conjunction with the launch of A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS on Amazon Prime Video, the band will premiere three live tracks, available to stream only on Amazon Music, beginning Friday, October 26. The tracks are: Stayin’ Alive (Live at Glastonbury) by Coldplay & Barry Gibb, Us Against The World (Live in Leipzig) and Don't Panic (Live in Paris).
<sig>

« Reply #521 on: October 12, 2018, 12:50:58 pm »
the title is recommend some GOOD movies...that looks like rubbish and I feel worse just reading your post
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #522 on: October 12, 2018, 12:53:58 pm »
then my work here is done.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #523 on: October 12, 2018, 01:12:41 pm »
I would say they should’ve named it A Head Full Of Milquetoast but Frank Turner probably has already trademarked it.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #524 on: October 18, 2018, 03:34:12 pm »
First man is quite good. Usually I hate anything Spielberg touches.

Bad Times at the El Royale is modestly entertaining but ends up a crappy Tarantino knock-off.