Author Topic: Recommend some good movies!  (Read 258333 times)

Space Freely

Re: Recommend some good movies!
« Reply #690 on: March 23, 2020, 10:56:54 am »
Once Upon A Time was alright.....not sure why it was even nominated. You don't even wanna see it again the second time like most Tarantino films.

Spot on review. I enjoyed the last hour, but the first nearly two hours were boring.

Space Freely

« Reply #691 on: March 23, 2020, 10:57:51 am »
Queen&Slim is the best movie I've seen yet this year, and I usually watch 2-3 movies a week.

K8teebug

« Reply #692 on: March 23, 2020, 01:55:06 pm »
Queen&Slim is the best movie I've seen yet this year, and I usually watch 2-3 movies a week.

I liked it.

« Reply #693 on: March 31, 2020, 03:53:02 pm »
Not sure anyone knew...but almost the whole collection of Studio Ghibli movies are now available on netflix (total of 21)
https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/coming-soon/full-list-of-studio-ghibli-movies-coming-to-netflix-on-april-1st-2020/

For some reason for years the only way to get any of these masterpieces was on an overpriced DVD (haven't had a player for a decade) or wait until they did some of those special screenings at movie theaters

Some real rare gems in there too
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 03:55:49 pm by Stay@home-hatch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılıı »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #694 on: March 31, 2020, 04:12:31 pm »
Not sure anyone knew...but almost the whole collection of Studio Ghibli movies are now available on netflix (total of 21)
https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/coming-soon/full-list-of-studio-ghibli-movies-coming-to-netflix-on-april-1st-2020/

For some reason for years the only way to get any of these masterpieces was on an overpriced DVD (haven't had a player for a decade) or wait until they did some of those special screenings at movie theaters

Some real rare gems in there too

When it's too good to be true, it usually is.

The list below only applies to Netflix regions outside of the United States and Canada. In the US, all of these are scheduled to hit HBO Max when it releases later in the year.

Netflix sucks. I sent my last two dvd's in Saturday's mail, and they still haven't sent me replacement DVD's.

« Reply #695 on: March 31, 2020, 04:36:27 pm »
are you kidding me...I didn't know, was going to start watching them tonight

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/17/21026683/studio-ghibli-movies-digital-purchase-streaming-hbo-max-grave-of-fireflies

well there are now a bunch available to buy at least
man I guess that is why people weren't raving about this
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #696 on: March 31, 2020, 04:39:26 pm »

https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/17/21026683/studio-ghibli-movies-digital-purchase-streaming-hbo-max-grave-of-fireflies

People who care about this stuff buy a VPN for like 39.99/year and change what country it appears they are in so they can watch the (often much more robust) selections on foreign Netflix.
LVMH

« Reply #697 on: March 31, 2020, 04:54:15 pm »

People who care about this stuff buy a VPN for like 39.99/year and change what country it appears they are in so they can watch the (often much more robust) selections on foreign Netflix.
I only like to break laws associated with drug use
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #698 on: March 31, 2020, 05:10:05 pm »

I only like to break laws associated with drug use
I don't really think this is against the law, per se. VPNs are legal. Probably/definitely a violation of a Terms of Service/Use but I don't think this is a criminal matter. An actual lawyer (Vansmack) can weigh in.
LVMH

« Reply #699 on: April 02, 2020, 09:20:55 am »
This movie is a must see: Kill Chain: The Cyber War on America’s Elections
Unfortunately only on HBO

the shit that happened in GA is unbelievable
 (Kemps current chief of staff was the lobbyist for the the Voting machines that were banned after the election!)

What is scary is that many of these issues were uncovered in 2006! and those machines are still in place

I agree with this headline, it was like a dystopian horror movie
Kill Chain: The Cyber War on America’s Elections’ on HBO, a Documentary That’s Also a Horror Movie
I used to say The Shining was the scariest movie I ever saw.
slack

« Reply #700 on: April 02, 2020, 05:43:34 pm »
I seriously can't recommend this documentary more....
good news, don't need hbo

Harri Hursti
@HarriHursti
BREAKING NEWS! #KillChainDoc is going to be posted for free viewing just FOR ONE DAY in USA on Monday the 6th on April in YouTube
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #701 on: April 12, 2020, 07:17:34 pm »
I can't actually "recommend" it just yet . . . but I plan on watching this tonight, appropriately on Easter, to be cursed and die a Satanic death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhRYNJOtYC8

Free, to watch on Amazon Prime Video.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #702 on: April 12, 2020, 07:47:31 pm »
I'd join you, but tonight is the return of Killing Eve.

Space Freely

« Reply #703 on: April 12, 2020, 08:18:27 pm »
Just watched Les Miserables, the 2019 French film that was nominated for Best Foreign Film. Streaming on Amazon Prime. Intense and excellent. Only tangentially related to anything Victor Hugo.

hutch

« Reply #704 on: April 12, 2020, 08:36:27 pm »
Enchanted was pretty decent

Amy Adams is just ravishing in it