Author Topic: Recommend some good movies!  (Read 258215 times)

vansmack

Re: Recommend some good movies!
« Reply #720 on: April 21, 2020, 04:25:41 pm »
is IX really needed?  maybe the wounds will heal and i'll be able to revisit in a year, but my current opinion is that Rise brings the whole franchise down.  it's better off without it.

You're the kind of guy that leaves a sporting event early after watching 95% of it just because your team might not win, aren't you?
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #721 on: April 21, 2020, 07:29:35 pm »
is IX really needed?  maybe the wounds will heal and i'll be able to revisit in a year, but my current opinion is that Rise brings the whole franchise down.  it's better off without it.

You're the kind of guy that leaves a sporting event early after watching 95% of it just because your team might not win, aren't you?

nope.  but i am the kind of guy who would walk out of a show if it really, really stinks and i'm not enjoying myself.  i would also warn others that the show stinks and is best avoided - even if previous editions/episodes/incarnations were excellent. 
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #722 on: April 21, 2020, 07:57:15 pm »

nope.  but i am the kind of guy who would walk out of a show if it really, really stinks and i'm not enjoying myself.  i would also warn others that the show stinks and is best avoided - even if previous editions/episodes/incarnations were excellent.
Whoa. Coming in strong against The Touch.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #723 on: April 21, 2020, 10:24:57 pm »
Forced to watch Spider-Man against my will

As bad as I expected

I can not recommend it...

« Reply #724 on: April 21, 2020, 10:26:29 pm »
Forced to watch Spider-Man against my will
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is quite awesome IMO
slack

vansmack

« Reply #725 on: April 24, 2020, 07:48:43 pm »
The Beastie Boys Story, a Spike Jonez directed documentary about the book release stage show hit AppleTV+ today.
27>34

« Reply #726 on: May 08, 2020, 12:35:35 pm »
I know there is some hate for Pete here, but this new movie looks really good

The King Of Staten Island.
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #727 on: June 24, 2020, 07:59:04 am »
The Betty Davis documentary "Betty - They Say I'm Different" is on Prime at the moment.

It's short under an hour, but well worth watching.   What a talent she was...
T.Rex

« Reply #728 on: August 28, 2020, 07:09:56 pm »
Nick cave’s 20,000 days on earth is on Prime
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #729 on: September 01, 2020, 12:27:10 pm »
TCM is running music\concert movies all weekend including

Robert Ham
@roberthamwriter
If I'm reading the TCM schedule correctly, they are going to air the Tom Waits concert film BIG TIME on Monday the 7th at 12:15 pm. A pretty big deal as it has never been officially released on DVD or Blu-ray.

https://twitter.com/roberthamwriter/status/1300796885712605184?s=20

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/1582973%7C0/TCM-End-of-Summer-Tour-September-4-7.html

Also, Song Remains The Same,THE DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION and the Metal Years follow-up, Woodstock, Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, Otis Redding, etc etc... it's a pretty stacked lineup...
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #730 on: September 01, 2020, 01:43:36 pm »
The latest Ken Loach film, "Sorry We Missed You."

« Reply #731 on: September 01, 2020, 01:52:36 pm »
TCM is running music\concert movies
THE DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION and the Metal Years follow-up
All three Decline's are on Amazon Prime

I did see prime now has:  The Rolling Stones: Some Girls Live in Texas
slack

« Reply #732 on: September 20, 2020, 02:21:56 pm »
this looks good

slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #733 on: November 19, 2020, 07:22:54 pm »
while working out, i watch mindless drivel on netflix or prime.  i'm currently watching "Bumblebee", a prequel/reboot of the Transformers movies.  it's actually a tad better than the other robots-in-disguise movies, not that it's a high bar to clear (who would have thought that john cena would be an upgrade on shia leboeuf?).  the movie is set in 1087, and IMO the most notable thing about it is the soundtrack: so many great eighties hits in there.  they must have spent a small fortune on licensing... within the first few minutes of the movie i recognized "bigmouth strikes again", what followed was a long walk down memory lane: things can only get better, save a prayer, don't you (forget about me), it takes two, etc etc etc...

so if you like meaningless action flicks where lots of shit gets blow up, this one at least has a good soundtrack.
<sig>

« Reply #734 on: November 19, 2020, 07:47:33 pm »
the movie is set in 1087,
I'm surprised you liked the lute music that was so popular after the battle of hastings
slack