Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 9925181 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Just Announced
« Reply #26910 on: June 28, 2012, 05:55:24 pm »
hey ratbastard . . . screw em.  believe and speak up about want you want to . . . this is america; we have that freedom.

I think that most folks here know that I am not afraid to speak my mind and say exactly how I feel about any issue no matter if my views align with the local masses or not.  :)
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #26911 on: June 28, 2012, 06:01:09 pm »
As was once said by a leader of a certain group in our society...  "By any means necessary".

I'm worried about you.. with your ill health and constant need for surgery can you afford all this bitterness and hatred? I mean I know you've been unemployed for four years but try to stay upbeat and positive man... Moreover, if you're OK spending your days fighting health insurance companies and trying to get covered for stuff you should be covered for in the first place I can't argue with you man. Live and let live.

Personally I don't get why people would be so bothered about people being able to get health care...seems like a huge step forward to me. To get so worked up about an ill person being able to afford a doctor seems nutty.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #26912 on: June 28, 2012, 06:04:01 pm »
The Affordable Care Act also has a number of AWESOME provisions such as mandating coverage for those with pre-existing conditions and for students on their parent's plan through the age of 26. There are many others. If interested look up Bernie Sanders' response to the SCOTUS ruling this morning.
Those opposed are either 1) Greedy or 2) Uninformed / Misinformed.
FOUR MORE YEARS!!

hutch

« Reply #26913 on: June 28, 2012, 06:11:37 pm »
The Affordable Care Act also has a number of AWESOME provisions such as mandating coverage for those with pre-existing conditions and for students on their parent's plan through the age of 26. There are many others. If interested look up Bernie Sanders' response to the SCOTUS ruling this morning.
FOUR MORE YEARS!!

Not to mention insurance companies will no longer be able to limit your benefits..

This isn't just about people who don't have health care..it also affects those that do.

Like I said above I just don't get people getting worked up about this.. where was all this energy when the US government was getting the country into useless illegal and fictitious wars?? Where was the outrage about spending then??? Where was the outrage when President Bush and his merry band of war criminals were up to their shennanigans??? But these same people are going to get excited about a person born with some disease not being denied health care insurance???? I mean really? Getting worked up about poor people being able to see a doctor???

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #26914 on: June 28, 2012, 06:36:57 pm »
FOUR MORE YEARS!!

LOL mandating preexisting conditions is HORRIBLE.  The whole point of insurance is to pay in case you get sick, not to wait until you get sick then tell someone else to pay.  That is akin to not having automobile insurance and then having a wreck, calling AllState and telling them you want insurance and to file a claim.  If someone chooses to be irresponsible and not buy insurance, it is not the insurance companies job to pay for their irresponsibility.  How foolish it is for anyone to think other wise.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #26915 on: June 28, 2012, 06:41:35 pm »
As was once said by a leader of a certain group in our society...  "By any means necessary".

I'm worried about you.. with your ill health and constant need for surgery can you afford all this bitterness and hatred? I mean I know you've been unemployed for four years but try to stay upbeat and positive man... Moreover, if you're OK spending your days fighting health insurance companies and trying to get covered for stuff you should be covered for in the first place I can't argue with you man. Live and let live.

Personally I don't get why people would be so bothered about people being able to get health care...seems like a huge step forward to me. To get so worked up about an ill person being able to afford a doctor seems nutty.

No need to worry about me.  I am a big boy and I take care of myself.  However I have not uttered one word of hatred.  (Rusty on the other hand...)  People already CAN get health care.  They can choose to spend their money how them damn well please.  It is not the governments job to get into it though.  Consumers have to fight all the time to get corporations to do as they should.  I have to deal with Comcast frequently.  I guess we should have the government take over the cable companies next since some people choose to spend money elsewhere and "cant afford" cable?
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #26916 on: June 28, 2012, 07:32:50 pm »

No need to worry about me.  I am a big boy and I take care of myself.  However I have not uttered one word of hatred.  (Rusty on the other hand...)  People already CAN get health care.  They can choose to spend their money how them damn well please.  It is not the governments job to get into it though.  Consumers have to fight all the time to get corporations to do as they should.  I have to deal with Comcast frequently.  I guess we should have the government take over the cable companies next since some people choose to spend money elsewhere and "cant afford" cable?

Well that is your opinion and if you enjoy bitchin' at comcast all the time that is your choice. I don't.  Every other industrialized country in the world gives people health care and I don't see them complaining.. they live longer, experience healthier lives and it goes on and on.. I guess we just can't have it in the US according to you?

Personally, I think a healthy society is a better society. Rather than have people go to emergency rooms where we the taxpayers end up paying anyways why not have people buy health care so they can get preventive care?

Up to a few years ago there were close to 50 million people without health care and the numbers were rising. At those rates who knows but maybe 100 million people would lack health care in a few decades? I guess that is ok with you? Not much of a society if you ask me.

There is nothing wrong with government doing things to improve people's health. After all government is nothing more than us. We are the government. Don't we want people to live healthy and long lives? I know I do. I suppose you'd rather they die in the streets cause they didn't make the right choices.

By the way, I am guessing you have no problem collecting unemployment which makes you a big fuckin' hypocrite.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #26917 on: June 28, 2012, 07:39:21 pm »
Stop fucking polluting the Just Announced thread with your partisan bullshit and start a new thread for it. You mods won't waste a split second censoring a curse word in a thread title ("Because people read this board at WORK! Think of the children!") but you won't split off this thread.

Why some asshole decided to start a partisan health care debate in the JA thread is beyond fucking me.

hutch

« Reply #26918 on: June 28, 2012, 07:55:31 pm »
My attitude is: if people going to post moronic political crap it ain't going to go without being responded to...

But I WROTE the book on keeping this thread to just announced shows in the area years ago.

"Just Announced: why the tread should be limited to shows recently announced in the DC area"

First Edition
Doubleday
Available also for Kindle.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #26919 on: June 28, 2012, 08:11:56 pm »
doubleday? . . . slut.

stevewizzle

« Reply #26920 on: June 28, 2012, 10:56:39 pm »
Stop fucking polluting the Just Announced thread with your partisan bullshit and start a new thread for it. You mods won't waste a split second censoring a curse word in a thread title ("Because people read this board at WORK! Think of the children!") but you won't split off this thread.

Why some asshole decided to start a partisan health care debate in the JA thread is beyond fucking me.

anything else being announced?

semi-annual event

azaghal1981

« Reply #26921 on: June 29, 2012, 01:30:24 am »
This will be hilarious!

Jon Wurster
Today Show
Today sometime in the 7:00 hour.

https://twitter.com/superchunk/status/218521628810821633

This is why: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/flight_attendant_rants_delay_passengers_8Yul9TThRbsb6Om9TJCjBJ#ixzz1z7BfLsHV

Edit: Guess it could be a joke.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:36:07 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

hutch

« Reply #26922 on: June 29, 2012, 09:15:32 am »
not sure if mentioned

swans
10-12
black cat black cat

hutch