Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1759911 times)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #2010 on: June 28, 2009, 10:07:56 am »
I would just like to say that the way tickets for v-fest were distributed is bs. As a multiple v-fest concert goer, giving the so called pre-sale on a Thursday at 10:00 a.m. was stupid . I am not 13 year old out of school for the summer with mommy and daddy's credit card. I have a job.  I work , and I have paid for my tickets in the past,but know with the way this was done I will say that last years V-fest will be MY last one. Not only that , I will no longer attend anything @ MMP or the 9:30 club.

well you're just a pooh-pooh head

Dojokoto

« Reply #2011 on: June 28, 2009, 10:18:56 am »
I would just like to say that the way tickets for v-fest were distributed is bs. As a multiple v-fest concert goer, giving the so called pre-sale on a Thursday at 10:00 a.m. was stupid . I am not 13 year old out of school for the summer with mommy and daddy's credit card. I have a job.  I work , and I have paid for my tickets in the past,but know with the way this was done I will say that last years V-fest will be MY last one. Not only that , I will no longer attend anything @ MMP or the 9:30 club.

Well said, Seth. Well Said.

It's not Seth's fault. Do you know how hard it is to control the distribution of FREE tickets in the VMFreeFest?? Unless everyone has to do buy the tickets on a certain date by physically driving to the office, there isn't much option. Ok, so the 13 year old kid wants to go to the festival, do you have seniority over him? That only works in highschool man, there's many kids who work their ass off to get money. And the kid doesn't need his mommy or daddy's credit card since the festival is free. :) Aside from the point, the festival is free, things are going to be chaotic, and stuff like this happen all the time. You have chances to get your tickets, don't worry about it, this whole free thing is a publicity stunt, and I hope it would be the last of them, since I want a full-fledged festival. Seth didn't do anything wrong, and if you're not going to attend any shows in the IMP or 9:30 club, then you're just a pooh-pooh head.

wml7

« Reply #2012 on: June 28, 2009, 10:42:02 am »

Nice and may I add pee pee head

azaghal1981

« Reply #2013 on: June 28, 2009, 12:31:14 pm »
You sure as fuck sound like a whiny 13 year-old bitch. Good riddance. I'm pretty sure he'll be just fine without your business.

احمد

Mobius

« Reply #2014 on: June 28, 2009, 01:42:56 pm »
If folks like drksc8 get shut out then the system is working!

imbecile

« Reply #2015 on: June 29, 2009, 09:35:57 am »
Seriously, you get shutout it happens.  I got shutout because I was driving to Ohio (ugh) for a wedding on Thursday morning, and then at said wedding on Saturday morning.  It happens.

If you want to go, something may happen.  I plan on waiting and seeing if additional tickets are released, checking with friends, pleading with board members.. something, i dunno.  35,000 tickets are out there and I think it's safe to say that all of them don't have names on them just yet. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2016 on: June 29, 2009, 09:40:44 am »
35,000 tickets are out there and I think it's safe to say that all of them don't have names on them just yet. 

a LOT of them don't have names on them yet.  scalpers will quickly realize that people aren't willing to pay much for these tickets as the date approches (anyone willing to pay $$$ for them will have done so earlier), they won't pick them up in late august, and a ton will be released on 8/29.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #2017 on: June 29, 2009, 11:01:13 am »
Hey Seth could you see if its possible to book Sid and Susie (Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs) for a DC show on their upcoming tour?

azaghal1981

« Reply #2018 on: June 29, 2009, 11:03:29 am »
Motorhead was a cool unexpected announcement.

Thanks for that.
احمد

hemisphire

« Reply #2019 on: June 29, 2009, 12:08:05 pm »
Sid n Susie seconded swiftly.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2020 on: June 29, 2009, 12:43:59 pm »
Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out!!!

Seriously, what's the solution here?  Maybe next time they'll have a way to reserve tix for really important folks like you.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #2021 on: June 30, 2009, 04:10:48 am »
Hey Seth,

The Pixies are maybe doing shows in the US in November playing all of Doolittle and the B-Sides from that era and what not...it'd be WAY cool if you could set that up...yeah. It'd be really cool to hear "Manta Ray" and "Into the White" live at the club.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 04:12:49 am by ixkpd-bk »
Woof.

bearman🐻

« Reply #2022 on: June 30, 2009, 09:13:06 am »
<DROOL>

OMG, yes on the Pixies. Please no DAR for that show.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2023 on: June 30, 2009, 11:20:30 am »
Didn't they do it last tour ? The B sides tour I mean...

Hey Seth,

The Pixies are maybe doing shows in the US in November playing all of Doolittle and the B-Sides from that era and what not...it'd be WAY cool if you could set that up...yeah. It'd be really cool to hear "Manta Ray" and "Into the White" live at the club.

Thanks!
(_|_)

betao

« Reply #2024 on: June 30, 2009, 11:45:36 pm »
hey seth

thanks for giving V-fest a dance tent this year. I was worried that the "scaled down event at a different location" wouldn't provide a place for grooving, but alas, you have surprised me. Thank you for giving me something to do while blink is on!