Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760338 times)

Yada

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #3300 on: October 28, 2011, 09:57:20 am »
Seats behind the stage actually aren't bad at all... actually kind of a cool way to see a show if your view isn't obstructed.

i thought the same thing.  i've sat behind the stage before for a show, and thought it was awesome and different.  plus the view of the entire crowd staring at your direction is creepy.

Some people like eye contact with the band.

bearman🐻

« Reply #3301 on: October 28, 2011, 10:00:36 am »
Not a fan of sitting behind the stage. Number one, you're going to mostly get a view of the band's asses. Number two, the sound is always somehow a bit off. Number three, if they're such great seats, why aren't they sold for every single show? The Foos people saying that they'll be some of the best seats is just a lame attempt at packing more folks in who don't know the difference.

Yada

« Reply #3302 on: October 28, 2011, 10:01:27 am »
Not a fan of sitting behind the stage. Number one, you're going to mostly get a view of the band's asses. Number two, the sound is always somehow a bit off. Number three, if they're such great seats, why aren't they sold for every single show? The Foos people saying that they'll be some of the best seats is just a lame attempt at packing more folks in who don't know the difference.

You like eye contact?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3303 on: October 28, 2011, 10:02:41 am »
Seats behind the stage actually aren't bad at all... actually kind of a cool way to see a show if your view isn't obstructed.

i thought the same thing.  i've sat behind the stage before for a show, and thought it was awesome and different.  plus the view of the entire crowd staring at your direction is creepy.

Some people like eye contact with the band.

and when you sit behind the stage . . . you see how stupid, people really act at shows.

bearman🐻

« Reply #3304 on: October 28, 2011, 10:04:40 am »
If I had the option of seeing the expressions of band member's faces vs. their ass, yeah, I'd rather have eye contact.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3305 on: October 28, 2011, 10:06:34 am »
well . . . you know what i'd rather see.   ;D

Yada

« Reply #3306 on: October 28, 2011, 10:07:24 am »
If I had the option of seeing the expressions of band member's faces vs. their ass, yeah, I'd rather have eye contact.

It's actually quite interesting to see their interactions from behind the stage and they way good bands communicate.

azaghal1981

« Reply #3307 on: October 28, 2011, 10:11:42 am »
Would it not depend on the ass(es) in question?
If most guys on this board had a choice of seeing Joanna Newsom from the front or the back, the majority would go with the latter.
Not really trying to debate, just an attempt at humor.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:16:22 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #3308 on: October 28, 2011, 10:17:01 am »
here's how it went down...

seats behind the stage were released

the Foos people let us know that these, in fact, were going to end up being amazing seats

they need to be marked "limited view", as they are not traditional seats and some equipment could be in the way at certain moments

now I don't know how you can be more honest than that

as far as "fooling" anyone...there is always the opportunity to opt out of the sale at any time...nobody is being forced to do anything

these late releases always sell fast...we don't ever try & fool anyone into anything, and we certainly wouldn't need to here if we did

but everyone always cries foul when they don't get the tickets they wanted

damn . . . you put people down after you explain things, i guess because it's a hard knocks life having to explain things.  it really shows, that you don't care.

if I didn't care, I wouldn't bother to respond

would like to see how someone like you would handle things in my situation

like I said...when people don't get tickets, it's gotta be someone's fault

but the difference between being a corporation and a sole proprietor is that, when someone accuses me of being an asshole, I can tell them to go fuck themselves
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:19:55 am by Seth Hurwitz »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3309 on: October 28, 2011, 10:22:49 am »
i'm not in your position . . . so how would i know?

could you do my job?  you don't know . . . you don't have my job.

me putting people down is one thing . . . the owner of the club putting people down because he thinks people are whiney bitches, is another.

"i am sole proprietor, i can do what i want."   nice one.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:28:00 am by walkonby »

hutch

« Reply #3310 on: October 28, 2011, 10:27:10 am »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o

I didn't interpret Seth's post to be putting anyone down...

I'll be at the Foos show anyways..

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #3311 on: October 28, 2011, 12:08:07 pm »
Hey Seth - how long does it take to clean up after a Gwar show?  Just wondering.

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #3312 on: November 01, 2011, 08:55:46 am »
Hey Seth, any chance for a Richard Thompson Electric Trio show in late January?  They are doing some shows in Florida before the Cayamo Cruise thing, and it looks like his schedule is open before those.  Maybe he is looking to add more shows in other areas.

The last time Thompson played in DC was at the club in 2010, and he has never played here with the electric trio.

Thanks for listening.

jrho

« Reply #3313 on: November 01, 2011, 09:40:48 am »
Didn't realize you were such a Panic! at the Disco fan. Saw you on your balcony quite a lot during their set.

Thanks for another fun show. Patrick Stump and Panic were both great.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #3314 on: November 01, 2011, 11:37:43 am »
you know, I actually am

I thought the Pretty. Odd. record was a masterpiece

I put them on one of the early V Fests against major hipster protest...my version of alternative

it's all relative