Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760118 times)

hutch

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #3480 on: February 10, 2012, 01:50:03 pm »
Haha. I think I've raised Seth and Thatguy's ire enough in the past to ever be accused of being a Mr. Brownnose to them.

I just call it the way I see it. And in this case I'm with Seth.

The end.

Hey Seth,

As long as you don't start charging for water like the Birchmere does, I'm fine with whatever you charge for your soda poison or crappy beer. I realize that those items are completely unnecessary to the concertgoing experience, and laugh at those who do not. If it helps keep the concert ticket prices lower, I urge you to keep up with the "price gouging" on the non-necessities.

Cheers,

James

oh my .. look who has a superiority complex.. its mr brownnose!

You're "with Seth" because you don't drink-unlike the sheeple- beer or soda at shows and are provided free water...and you seem to think Seth "gouging" is keeping your ticket costs low.

In other words: if it benefits me its right and if not (i.e., no free water) its wrong.

Well, that doesn't say much does it?

I've had coke at the 930 a handful of times.. doesn't mean gouging customers isn't wrong.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3481 on: February 10, 2012, 03:17:40 pm »
so what would make you happy

Thanks for the reply...  Actually I am not unhappy! :)  I just thought $4 was a tad steep.  If you get right down to it, that is probably no different than the similar posts about beer prices that you get ad infinitum.  It did kind of caught me off guard though.

I do think it would be a good thing for y'all to have some sort of policy for designated drivers.  (For all I know you already have one and I just have not inquired before now.  I hate to assume things.)  I know this is a thing that might easily be abused by some folks.  So I guess just think it over and consider the alternatives to see if any are feasible.

Truth be told, I'll still come to the club no matter.  I don't say this to be kissing ass or whatever, but I really do think you have on of the best run clubs in the country.  My friends and I are always treated as if we are family more so than patrons.

Thanks again for the response.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3482 on: February 10, 2012, 03:29:11 pm »
OK so now this post may sound 100% counter to my previous ones in this discussion, but here goes nothing!

Seth is not a dumb guy.  Either he knows marketing and economics (or he pays someone who does) enough to understand pricing to maximize profits.  He knows that raising prices does not necessarily lead to increased net profits.  There is a tipping point to every pricing structure where the profits start to diminish.  The business owners goal is (ceteris paribus) to be as close to that point as possible without going past it.  The thing consumers often forget is that THEY are the ones who ultimately set the price.  It is the golden rule, 'he who has the gold makes the rules'.  I (the consumer) have the dollars,  and I am not going to give them to the seller until he offers me what I want at a price I am willing to pay for it.  You all know how the rest.  All that aside, my post boils down to me telling Seth that $4 is beyond the price I am willing to pay.  I personally think it is cool that he actually gives a shit enough to reply and engage in a dialog about it.
FUKIT

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #3483 on: February 10, 2012, 03:30:23 pm »
The free water is an amazing thing. Never seen that at any other clubs, and it's always appreciated after a long show. Thanks for that.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3484 on: February 10, 2012, 03:32:50 pm »
The free water is an amazing thing. Never seen that at any other clubs, and it's always appreciated after a long show. Thanks for that.
you must not get out much if you've never seen this anywhere else

fatskippy

« Reply #3485 on: February 10, 2012, 03:38:51 pm »
The 9:30 Club packs more people in than can fit comfortably.  Why is gouging on soda a surprise?  Par for the course'd

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #3486 on: February 10, 2012, 03:42:40 pm »
you must not get out much if you've never seen this anywhere else

:D
I guess my main comparison is the National and a few smaller places here in Richmond. Can't remember if the Black Cat had it when I was there.

Either way, it's a good thing.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #3487 on: February 10, 2012, 03:53:31 pm »
again...the simple question I ask...

what would make you happy?

wml7

« Reply #3488 on: February 10, 2012, 03:54:17 pm »
Thirsty Thursdays...... $1 beers  ;D

nkotb

« Reply #3489 on: February 10, 2012, 03:59:20 pm »
I remember asking for a lifetime "drink for free" card that you OK'd, but it never showed in the mail :(

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3490 on: February 10, 2012, 04:02:15 pm »

So far the lesson here is...

People would rather complain.

Seth, I think 2.50 is a fair price for a soda.  That's right around what most restaurants or bars charge.

Yada

« Reply #3491 on: February 10, 2012, 04:56:45 pm »
Soda should be $2.50 or less.

There should be one beer option that's cheap as well IMO.

Don't over sell the joint!

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #3492 on: February 10, 2012, 05:01:24 pm »
so that $1.50 really makes a difference to you

tell me how

fatskippy

« Reply #3493 on: February 10, 2012, 05:07:55 pm »

Not feeling like a sardine at a sold out show would be nice.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #3494 on: February 10, 2012, 05:11:21 pm »
lose some weight