Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1760281 times)

hutch

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #3990 on: February 02, 2013, 10:02:09 pm »

You know this reminds me whatever happened to the band Brassy?  They were so good and featured Jon Spencer's sister.  You know the one with talent in the family.

:D

guess you're reminded every day about Jesus and the Mary Chain and am reminded you're a bit lacking but I don't post that, or do I?

JSBX has played the 930 old and new dozens of times over the years and am guessing Pussy Galore did the same so if you're trying to insult DC native Jon Spencer on the Hey Seth thread more power to you....as they say: good luck with that!

having seen Jon Spencer three times the past three years: they're putting on the best rock and roll show out there  and am hoping Seth will book them once more maybe when they get back from Europe... the last U Street Hall gig left people wanting more...my recent jaunt to Charlottesville left me wanting more.

Here's the thing

« Reply #3991 on: February 02, 2013, 10:10:53 pm »
It is not time yet to announce Belle & Sebastian with Yo La Tengo at MPP

Nice, Seth. Thank you!

jrho

« Reply #3992 on: February 04, 2013, 10:07:24 am »
Thanks for the FOB show! Totally did not see that coming.

Any chance for a FwB presale?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3993 on: February 04, 2013, 11:46:17 am »
It is not time yet to announce Belle & Sebastian with Yo La Tengo at MPP

wow, thank you seth!

B&S would headline that lineup, right?
<sig>

slappy

« Reply #3994 on: February 04, 2013, 11:58:10 am »
Jazzanova with full band are planning a US tour for Sept. Their Facebook page has lots of requests for DC and a couple asking specifically for the club.

eltee

« Reply #3995 on: February 04, 2013, 01:31:32 pm »
Hey Seth, Postal Service, please? Perhaps late April or in June near the NY date?

4/09 Reno, NV @ Grand Sierra Theatre^*
4/10 Davis, CA @ Mondavi Center
4/12 San Luis Obispo CA @ Madonna Expo Center^*
4/13 Indio, CA @ Coachella - SOLD OUT
4/18 Phoenix, AZ @ Comerica Theatre^*
4/19 Las Vegas, NV @ Chelsea Ballroom at the Cosmopolitan^*
4/20 Indio, CA @ Coachella - SOLD OUT
5/18 Manchester, UK @ Academy 2~*
5/20 London, UK @ Brixton Academy~*
5/21 Paris, FR @ Trianon~*
5/23 Barcelona Primavera Sound 2013
6/14 New York NY @ Barclays Center^*

(and congrats to Laura Burhenn for rounding out the touring band)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 09:37:16 pm by eltee »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3996 on: February 04, 2013, 01:36:17 pm »
eltee beat me to it: postal service please!
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #3997 on: February 05, 2013, 10:57:05 am »
I think postal service would be a great show to book at Rams Head. 

bearman🐻

« Reply #3998 on: February 05, 2013, 11:04:37 am »
Postal Service will get something like the Patriot Center I bet. Or maybe DAR. But no club dates. If they're playing Barclays in Brooklyn, I think it's safe to say they can sell a good 5,000 tickets in DC. I still say we need a 5,000 capacity venue that's in the city. Patriot Center would be an awful venue for this show. Too bad there aren't any large-size old ballrooms in DC that could be rehabbed.

Seth, have you ever looked into the old Washington Coliseum? Or is that just a lost cause?

imbecile

« Reply #3999 on: February 05, 2013, 11:17:22 am »
Postal Service will get something like the Patriot Center I bet. Or maybe DAR. But no club dates. If they're playing Barclays in Brooklyn, I think it's safe to say they can sell a good 5,000 tickets in DC. I still say we need a 5,000 capacity venue that's in the city. Patriot Center would be an awful venue for this show. Too bad there aren't any large-size old ballrooms in DC that could be rehabbed.

Seth, have you ever looked into the old Washington Coliseum? Or is that just a lost cause?

That place would be perfect, good size, good location, metro access.  I walked by it the other day and was explaining the history of it to my wife; pretty impressive.  Nevertheless, I've been in a few times lately - it would in fact take a lot of work to get that place functional again, not sure if it's quite in the lost cause territory.

The neighborhood is coming along really fast, so getting approval to have concerts and events and the associated crowds may be a small problem with the new money in the area.

No idea what is currently going on with it.  I'd heard they wanted to knock it down, but then it got designated historical a few  years back.  Then I heard they wanted to convert it to a farmers market to replace the warehouses just north of there off Florida, but then Union Market got developed and those warehouses and markets aren't going anywhere.

atomicfront

« Reply #4000 on: February 05, 2013, 11:21:35 am »

Really they are that big?  I wouldn't see them at patriot center.  Warner Theater exists which I would think is the type of place you are mentioning.  Tower Theater in Philly is a great place to see a show.   I think the Lyric would work. 2500 capacity.  

bearman🐻

« Reply #4001 on: February 05, 2013, 11:27:10 am »
Really they are that big?  I wouldn't see them at patriot center.  Warner Theater exists which I would think is the type of place you are mentioning.  Tower Theater in Philly is a great place to see a show.   I think the Lyric would work. 2500 capacity.  

1,000,000 copies of their LP sold...they haven't toured in 10 years. Let the hipsters relive sophmore year of 2005. Stick a decent band on the bill and you've got hipster heaven. Yeah, tickets will sell.

atomicfront

« Reply #4002 on: February 05, 2013, 11:29:47 am »

1,000,000 copies of their LP sold...they haven't toured in 10 years. Let the hipsters relive sophmore year of 2005. Stick a decent band on the bill and you've got hipster heaven. Yeah, tickets will sell.

I had no idea they sold that many albums.  I thought it was just a small side project.  I liked it a lot but it doesn't seem like it would be a super big album...

bearman🐻

« Reply #4003 on: February 05, 2013, 12:42:41 pm »
For a while Postal Service was bigger than Death Cab for Cutie.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #4004 on: February 05, 2013, 01:51:42 pm »
Thanks for booking Johnny Marr!