Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1759943 times)

Mr.Whippy

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #4410 on: November 04, 2013, 07:23:16 pm »
Godflesh had to push their tour that was supposed to be in October this year to April 2014. 

Now that there is all this extra time, is there any possibility of seeing if they can tack a DC date onto the front of the tour? 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4411 on: November 04, 2013, 11:15:58 pm »
Luscious Jackson
God, yes, please, yes!
LVMH

DotTheEyes

« Reply #4412 on: November 05, 2013, 10:33:55 am »
Arctic Monkeys (perhaps on February 5th between Richmond and Boston?), please.

killsaly

« Reply #4413 on: November 05, 2013, 11:26:44 am »
Riff Raff please.  His only area show was Rock the Bells, and of course it was cancelled...

Also Placebo and Polyphonic Spree.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4414 on: November 05, 2013, 03:18:42 pm »
Riff Raff please.  His only area show was Rock the Bells, and of course it was cancelled...

Also Placebo and Polyphonic Spree.
Saw Riff Raff this and last year in Philly and he got booed off the stage both times. I like him! But, it was just awful live. Not to mention he was late and cut his set short...
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4415 on: November 05, 2013, 03:47:51 pm »
i listened to jay z live.  awful.  i listened to kanye live.  awful.  who rap wise, is not awful live?

and polyphonic has to play smaller places now.  i dont think they could even sell out nine thirty.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4416 on: November 05, 2013, 04:34:29 pm »
i listened to jay z live.  awful.  i listened to kanye live.  awful.  who rap wise, is not awful live?

and polyphonic has to play smaller places now.  i dont think they could even sell out nine thirty.
Ludacris was/is very, very awesome live. Wu Tang Clan...
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #4417 on: November 05, 2013, 05:42:41 pm »
I was just making suggestions of artists that I want to see.  Seth doesnt only book the 930 Club.  Also a lot of hip hop is good live.  Im not going to run through the list of hip hop artists I consider good live in the Hey Seth thread, but it isnt small. 

mdh9857

« Reply #4418 on: November 05, 2013, 06:00:24 pm »

Still holding out hope for Missy Elliott.  On a different level, if Kelis or Ciara were booked, I wouldn't complain.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4419 on: November 05, 2013, 07:44:20 pm »
got into a missy fix lately . . . and was thinking, what in the hell happened there?

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #4420 on: November 05, 2013, 08:57:24 pm »
got into a missy fix lately . . . and was thinking, what in the hell happened there?

She was large...then she got small.  Now she's large again.

Brian

K8teebug

« Reply #4421 on: November 06, 2013, 03:40:43 pm »

Still holding out hope for Missy Elliott.  On a different level, if Kelis or Ciara were booked, I wouldn't complain.

I thought Jay-Z was mesmerizing when I saw him this summer with JT.  I went to see entertainers, and they did not disappoint.  It was awesome.

I think Kanye's show would probably be really arty and cool visually.  But, I didn't get tickets to that because I also imagined that I would be surround by total assholes and be pissed about that...

atomic

« Reply #4422 on: November 06, 2013, 04:28:14 pm »
I was just making suggestions of artists that I want to see.  Seth doesnt only book the 930 Club.  Also a lot of hip hop is good live.  Im not going to run through the list of hip hop artists I consider good live in the Hey Seth thread, but it isnt small. 

Height with Friends?

manayer

« Reply #4423 on: November 06, 2013, 07:37:18 pm »
Arctic Monkeys (perhaps on February 5th between Richmond and Boston?), please.

Yes please. that would be awesome.  Unless they were coming back later in the year for a two night stand?

killsaly

« Reply #4424 on: November 07, 2013, 03:24:21 pm »
Height with Friends?
I dig them.  I havent seem them (or Height solo) live yet so I cant comment that they are good live.  I hope to remedy this at some point in the near future, while they are still playing songs from http://heightwithfriends.bandcamp.com/album/versus-dynamic-sounds

Also, would love to catch M.I.A. in a club setting (I have seen her once, only at a V Fest).