Author Topic: Hey Seth  (Read 1749717 times)

Re: Hey Seth
« Reply #6495 on: October 05, 2021, 09:28:02 am »
What are the odds of getting a Talking Heads ticket for $30 on Stubhub?
does this hypothetical involve a time machine?
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6496 on: October 05, 2021, 09:28:49 am »
You are right, Julian. I guess it is safe to assume they are never leaving Brooklyn again.

Seriously, did I misread the announcement? Is this 20 dates or 20 dates each month from now on?
Obviously I'm proposing no such thing.

How about this, pal: if LCD SS plays a DC-area show (Baltimore does not count) before 3/31/2022, I'll buy you a general admission ticket. If they don't, you buy me a $25 IMP Gift Card?
LVMH

« Reply #6497 on: October 05, 2021, 09:29:43 am »
What are the odds of getting a Talking Heads ticket for $30 on Stubhub?
does this hypothetical involve a time machine?
If the Talking Heads who famously have indicated they will never reunite ever were to do so for a one-off, I think its pretty obvious it would be in DC because Seth is bringing the pole back to retro-930 and that pole is the cornerstone upon which all of rock n roll -- pre-pole and post-pole -- exists and was formed.
LVMH

« Reply #6498 on: October 05, 2021, 09:30:13 am »
We are going to need a thread for all these side bets
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6499 on: October 05, 2021, 09:42:40 am »
All hail the pole.

« Reply #6500 on: October 05, 2021, 10:07:42 am »
All hail the pole.
The Julian's Pole thread is going to be amazing.
LVMH

« Reply #6501 on: October 05, 2021, 10:18:38 am »
while we are putting our wish list out there

Think you could get Rick to do the smiths thing in DC the day after this tour???

New Kids On The Block: The Mixtape Tour 2022, with Salt N Pepa, En Vogue and Rick Astley
Sat, July 23, 2022 (last date of the tour)
Capital One Arena, Washington, DC
slack

Here's the thing

« Reply #6502 on: October 05, 2021, 12:06:26 pm »
You are right, Julian. I guess it is safe to assume they are never leaving Brooklyn again.

Seriously, did I misread the announcement? Is this 20 dates or 20 dates each month from now on?

How about this, pal: if LCD SS plays a DC-area show (Baltimore does not count) before 3/31/2022, I'll buy you a general admission ticket. If they don't, you buy me a $25 IMP Gift Card?

Thanks for the generous offer. To be clear, I wasn’t predicting a show in my question to Seth. I was asking if one was likely. I’m old and don’t want to travel to Brooklyn anytime soon. Sometimes we get lucky with answers around here.
However, being a sporting fellow, how about this. If a show in the DC area is announced by Feb. 1, I win. If not, you do. It will be fun to play. Are there any merch offerings or gift cards that benefit staph? If so, let’s bet one of those. If not, a $25.00 IMP gift card works.

« Reply #6503 on: October 05, 2021, 12:38:45 pm »

Thanks for the generous offer. To be clear, I wasn’t predicting a show in my question to Seth. I was asking if one was likely. I’m old and don’t want to travel to Brooklyn anytime soon. Sometimes we get lucky with answers around here.
However, being a sporting fellow, how about this. If a show in the DC area is announced by Feb. 1, I win. If not, you do. It will be fun to play. Are there any merch offerings or gift cards that benefit staph? If so, let’s bet one of those. If not, a $25.00 IMP gift card works.
I am fine with your alternative wager. Game on.
LVMH

Here's the thing

« Reply #6504 on: October 05, 2021, 12:47:16 pm »

Let’s rock and roll. I am sad that you have to root against an LCD show to win, though.

« Reply #6505 on: October 05, 2021, 01:07:08 pm »

Let’s rock and roll. I am sad that you have to root against an LCD show to win, though.
I mean if there's no LCD SS show, I win. If there is an LCD SS show, I get to go to the LCD SS show with date Here's the Thing.

You do understand we're going together, yeah?
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #6506 on: October 05, 2021, 01:17:42 pm »

This just went from enjoyable to awkward....
27>34

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #6507 on: October 05, 2021, 01:57:57 pm »

This just went from enjoyable to wholesome....

FTFY

Here's the thing

« Reply #6508 on: October 05, 2021, 02:43:16 pm »

I mean if there's no LCD SS show, I win. If there is an LCD SS show, I get to go to the LCD SS show with date Here's the Thing.

Ha! I’m flattered, but I don’t think my most recent marriage contract extension allows me to “date” or “get together” with anyone other than Ms. Here’s The Thing, but I will be happy to buy you a beer at the show.
Good point about the win either way.

Here's the thing

« Reply #6509 on: October 05, 2021, 02:48:12 pm »

This just went from enjoyable to awkward....

It was certainly an odd turn of events. I don’t understand the kids and their online dating practices.