Author Topic: Virgin Music Festival @ Pimlico  (Read 66573 times)

lbcardoni

Re: Virgin Music Festival @ Pimlico
« Reply #225 on: July 19, 2006, 09:56:00 am »
i highly doubt that. they sold out nearly every date on their us tour last year, including 3 back to back nights at the 930 club. and if i'm not mistaken, sold out every night of their european tour last year as well.

When they were at Club One in 2003, there was no one there...

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #226 on: July 19, 2006, 11:00:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  *giggling*

furthermore, as gay white men are typically the first of the "urban pioneers" to move into aforementioned neighborhoods, and according to someone (don't remember who) who posts on here, b&s have a significant following the gay community, then you are indeed, spot on hoya!

Eh I think you're wrong here..it's the white druggies that move in first.  Gotta be close to the package!

sonickteam2

« Reply #227 on: July 19, 2006, 11:21:00 am »
Originally posted by who the fuck are you?:
  Eh I think you're wrong here..it's the white druggies that move in first.  Gotta be close to the package!
druggies??  who the hell says that anymore.

and no, its gay men.

kevhender

« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2006, 03:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  Well, looks like I officially CAN'T go...now I really miss Hillel Slovak
Didn't he die before you were born?

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #229 on: July 19, 2006, 03:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by crusader:

Originally posted by you be betty:
  Well, looks like I officially CAN'T go...now I really miss Hillel Slovak
Didn't he die before you were born? [/b]
indeed, but i have still enjoyed his music, and knowing that his presence was once there made me proud   :)

proudestmonkey22

« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2006, 10:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Wolf N.Eagleburger:
  Who is sponsoring The Who's tour anyway, Metamucil?  See The Who and die.

If The Who can tour, what's next?

A Beatles tour to support the new album?

A Ramones tour?

How many surviving members does a band have to have in order to form a "We're broke we need fast cash" tour?

There was a fake commercial on the old Saturday Night Live, back when that program was funny, where Elvis' jacket was on tour crooning the hits. Maybe now even Elvis will make a comeback?  

If The Ramones did decide to tour, who would they get for lead singer...John Paul Rodgers is already taken?
absolutely right.  entwhistle was all i liked the band for.  towhnsend can suck me
   ;)

Darth Ed

« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2006, 10:52:00 pm »
Well, I think I've decided to pass on the Virgin Festival this year. I was really only interested in seeing The Raconteurs and The Flaming Lips, but I just don't think it's worth the cost and hassle for me to see basically just two bands. I couldn't talk any of my friends into going either, so that's also factored into my decision, and, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm just not a fan of the music festival format. 'Tis a shame. I have a feeling that this may be my only chance ever to see The Raconteurs perforrm, and unlike so many vocal naysayers on this forum, I really like their album (and pretty much anything Jack White does, I admit). I hope the festival is a success and that next year is even better.

stu47

« Reply #232 on: July 20, 2006, 12:45:00 am »
I'm leaning toward not going...the 100 something to see a couple bands (lips, rancontuers and the drive by truckers), plus the hassle of getting in and out of pimlico is pointing me towards no...put the money aside and save up for coachella next year, or something

« Reply #233 on: July 20, 2006, 10:31:00 am »
Originally posted by stu47:
  I'm leaning toward not going...the 100 something to see a couple bands (lips, rancontuers and the drive by truckers), plus the hassle of getting in and out of pimlico
What hassle?  Just take light rail and hoof it from Cold Spring lane.

Arthwys

« Reply #234 on: July 20, 2006, 11:10:00 pm »
Did anyone else have issues getting tickets w/ th presale today?  I tried using the password I got through Volume, at about 6 pm, and while it seemed to take the password, it told me that there were no tickets available.  I guess I'll just do the regular sale.
Emrys

sonickteam2

« Reply #235 on: July 20, 2006, 11:33:00 pm »
i thought the presale was friday?

chokeychicken

« Reply #236 on: July 21, 2006, 04:10:00 am »
lollapalooza > v-card festival

Got Haggis?

« Reply #237 on: July 21, 2006, 09:10:00 am »
the 930 club presale is friday....but there were some presales yesterday too from what i've read. (dc 101 i think)

sehrlich

« Reply #238 on: July 21, 2006, 09:34:00 am »
It really is quite disappointing that they scheduled such a great concert on one of the most important Jewish holy days.  I would have loved to go to the show but unfortunately I can't.  Amazing that Seth Hurwitz wouldn't be sensitive to this issue.

brennser

« Reply #239 on: July 21, 2006, 09:43:00 am »
Originally posted by fdalawyer:
  It really is quite disappointing that they scheduled such a great concert on one of the most important Jewish holy days.  I would have loved to go to the show but unfortunately I can't.  Amazing that Seth Hurwitz wouldn't be sensitive to this issue.
give the guy a fucking break - sweet jesus, if its not high ticket prices its a shitty lineup, if its not a shitty lineup its religious insensitivity.....talk about damned if you do and damned if you don't