Author Topic: How bout my Ravens  (Read 51923 times)

shemptiness

Re: How bout my Ravens
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2009, 04:52:49 pm »
Too bad Kerry Collins isn't Pittsburgh's QB.  Or Chad Pennington, for that matter.

sonickteam2

« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2009, 05:18:25 pm »
if the ravens are successful in running the ball, keeping it close and not making mistakes thats pretty much out playing the steelers, though

Yes, I agree, but some people have been heard saying that the Ravens won despite being outplayed.

generally, in sports, i feel that unless there was a really bad call, a completely boneheaded play by one player, or a lightning storm , the team who won outplayed the team who lost. 

shemptiness

« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2009, 05:28:04 pm »
The Titans controlled the game.  If not for the turnovers they probably would have one.  But turnovers are part of the game, soooooo.....

I think it's fair to say the Titans lost this game more than the Ravens won it.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2009, 05:56:18 pm »
the turnovers did not happen as fate

if you saw Algee Crumpler spun like a propeller you might have noticed that 2 Ravens were the cause

I was there...the Titans outplayed them when were moving the ball...and then, as Ray sez...you hit them hard enough times, something will happen

it was brutal...they were carting folks out when the teams weren't trying to kill each other

we should've won the last 2 (our own fault)...our best hope for Pittsburgh is them thinking they have us beat already

sonickteam2

« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2009, 06:58:33 pm »
i thought that RB for the Titans getting hurt was what killed them.

Mobius

« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2009, 01:11:29 pm »
i think i posted this sentiment earlier in this thread, but the Ravens are the challenger and the Steelers are the champ, and to beat the champ you need to beat the champ.  In other words, the Ravens need to make plays, b/c all things being equal they're not equal and the Steelers will win again (eg experienced winning qb, home field, NFL would love to see them in SB).  That may sound like the kind of thing Dan Dierdorf or Joe Theismann would say, but the point is it will be another war, and there are going to be key plays that the Ravens will have to capitalize on to win, and if they don't, they lose again.  On certain blitzes, do they get to Roethlisberger, or pressure him to make a mistake . . . or does Roethlisberger make the play?  Do those occasional painstakingly set up Flacco bombs find their way into Raven/Mason hands to set up a score?  Does McGahee break a long run in the second half after McClain wears down the D (if that's possible)?  Is Heap healthy enough to make his presence felt? 

It seems like the post Super Bowl Champion Ravens don't make the plays and have found ways to lose these games . . . whereas the Roethlisberger Steelers often win them.  The Ravens have champion character guys - Ray Lewis (the heavyweight champ), Ed Reed, Derrick Mason is on fire . . . not to mention Scott, Leonhard, Neal and others (everyone else?) . . . Flacco has shown he's tough and can make great throws (but how consistently?) . . . now its time to step up take the title . . .
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 01:28:10 pm by Mobius »

sonickteam2

« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2009, 01:28:53 pm »
that whole post sounded more like John Madden than Joe Theissman.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2009, 01:35:32 pm »
wait, which is worse
o/\o

Mobius

« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2009, 04:40:14 pm »

you're right . . . the post was pretty madden-y . . . long-winded and obvious . . . but possibly true, or at least could seem true if you read it while drunk.   

sonickteam2

« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2009, 06:12:37 pm »

you're right . . . the post was pretty madden-y . . . long-winded and obvious . . . but possibly true, or at least could seem true if you read it while drunk.   

i enjoyed it!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2009, 06:35:15 pm »
luckily everyone is keeping their cool about this...  ::)

Mayor's new name: Steelerstahl

PITTSBURGH -- What's in a name?

If you're the mayor of Pittsburgh and your beloved Pittsburgh Steelers are playing one of their archrivals for the right to go to the Super Bowl, certainly not "Raven."

So goodbye, Luke Ravenstahl; hello, Luke Steelerstahl.

Ravenstahl -- er, Steelerstahl -- says he decided to remove "Raven" from his name just as he predicts the Steelers will remove the hated Baltimore Ravens from contention in Sunday's AFC Championship Game.

On Wednesday morning, the mayor began, but did not complete, an official name change petition, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.

Civil court staff gave the petition a docket number but said they did not expect to file it, in part because they did not receive the required check for $108 to process the change, the newspaper reported.

Ravenstahl said he did not come up with the idea for the name change, according to the report. That honor, he said, belonged to callers to a local radio station's morning show, who "called in and thought it would be a good idea to change from Ravenstahl, given we are playing the hated Baltimore Ravens this weekend, to Steelerstahl.

"As soon as I heard it, I thought it was a great idea."

Ravenstahl will keep the name at least through Sunday.

Coincidentally, "stahl" is German for steel.

(so his name would be "Steeler steel"?  how awesomely awesome).
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2009, 06:41:37 pm »
heh, he's 28

also a fellow w&j graduate
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2009, 11:54:27 pm »
That was one of the hardest hitting games I've ever seen.

Sorry Raven's fans, but you have to be happy with the season you had - surely better than you expected.  Flacco will get better and those future games will be incredible to watch.
27>34

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2009, 09:57:17 am »
very happy about the season...had a blast

everyone's ends on a loss except super bowl winner

steelers fans as rude as ever...and, after talking to some of them, they really do assume that the rest of the world acts that way in their stadiums

of course, none of them have ever been outside of Pittsburgh, so how would they no otherwise

godsshoeshine

« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2009, 10:18:24 am »
certainly one of the longest games ive ever watched. steelers are just the better team, at least at this point

ravens just couldnt out tough one team all year
o/\o