Author Topic: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?  (Read 190172 times)

Got Haggis?

Re: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2009, 12:48:36 pm »
need less talk about Coldplay and more talk about VFest date + artists ;)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2009, 12:54:30 pm »
If Vfest can cut the fat off the APW line-up I'm in. I just don't want to wait til god knows when to hear the line-up and be underwhelmed.
‼‼?‼‼

walkonby

« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2009, 01:39:12 pm »
you just know green day will be there.

mdh9857

« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2009, 01:42:58 pm »
My guess (not hope) is that two of the headliners will be Green Day and Blink 182.

walkonby

« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2009, 01:50:02 pm »
My guess (not hope) is that two of the headliners will be Green Day and Blink 182.

maybe we'll get lucky and fall out boy and good charlotte will play too

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2009, 01:52:52 pm »
hahah i claim to have no indie cred! but if you thought so, im ever so flattered.
i wont even say how excited i was to learn that snow patrol is opening for them on part of the tour. too bad im missing that :D

if it does help my indie cred tho - i am seeing late of the pier and asobi seksu this week.

fyi, the whistling that you're all hearing right now is the sound of xneverwherex's indie cred plummeting.
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2009, 02:11:06 pm »
fyi, the whistling that you're all hearing right now is the sound of xneverwherex's indie cred plummeting.

whens the last time you saw coldplay, sweetie?

last summer.  it's a well-documented fact that i have zero cred here.  but thanks for ruining my gratuitous swipe at xNWx ;)

when was the last time you bought a coldplay poster, sonick?
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2009, 02:13:48 pm »
is there a reason why i find it strange that the last time coldplay played they played verizon and now they will play nissan.  just a band choice?  or no way they could sell out anything bigger than nissan nowadays?  i thought coldplay was as big as u2.

sonickteam2

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2009, 02:22:27 pm »

whens the last time you saw coldplay, sweetie?

last summer.  it's a well-documented fact that i have zero cred here.  but thanks for ruining my gratuitous swipe at xNWx ;)

when was the last time you bought a coldplay poster, sonick?

touche!

but i am no longer answering questions about the FREE coldplay poster i stole from work and tried to sell on ebay.

sonickteam2

« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2009, 02:23:52 pm »
is there a reason why i find it strange that the last time coldplay played they played verizon and now they will play nissan.  just a band choice?  or no way they could sell out anything bigger than nissan nowadays?  i thought coldplay was as big as u2.

isnt Nissan bigger than Verizon? 

honestly, other than a crappy stadium (rfk) is there really anything bigger to play than Nissan?

« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2009, 02:28:57 pm »
Coldplay? You guys are so gay.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2009, 02:34:05 pm »

to not only prove that i have no cred, but also to thoroughly piss off most boardees:  last time they played verizon, and before that they played nissan - in like 2005.  this august will be their second time playing in bristow.

"Nissan Pavilion at Stone Ridge or Nissan Pavilion in Bristow, Virginia, is an outdoor live performance amphitheatre with a 25,000 fan capacity, the largest in the Washington Metropolitan Area."

Verizon Center Capacity: 20,173 (basketball), 18,277 (hockey)
(not sure what it would be for concerts, definitely more since you fill the floor with a few thousand but you might lose some seats if they don't sell behind the stage... then there is seated floor vs. GA floor - but it looks like they're pretty close to each other in terms of capacity)

Coldplay? You guys are so gay.

and how do you know that?

but back to the point of this thread: hey seth, can we have a goddamn date already?!?  would it REALLY kill your marketing strategy to let us know which weekend to not make other plans?!?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:36:45 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

betao

« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2009, 02:41:34 pm »
seriously a date would be nice, or at least indication that it is happening this year.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2009, 02:42:00 pm »

hahaha thanks! sometimes those swipes are needed :) sometimes its easy to forget we're not as indie as we think we are ;) ---- i tend not to forget because im chided for my love for chris martin all the time :)  and the fact that Im seeing Travis too doesnt help.
HeyLa

sonickteam2

« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2009, 02:42:10 pm »
  I was told they were waiting on a date for a certain band. and whichever weekend said band would play, they would have the festival.

that said. whoever made the point of merriweather shows is correct, they wont have merriweather shows the weekend of V-fest, so the 2nd AND 3rd weekend are out, leaving really either APW weekend or pushing it way way back.