Author Topic: My position on scalping...  (Read 60936 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: My position on scalping...
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2009, 01:56:50 pm »
Shocker...The Post reports on the Skins ticket office's many unscrupulous activities.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/01/AR2009090103984.html?hpid=topnews

This one is a double fuck you...lining the pockets of the brokers AND The Danny's pockets at the same time.

ggw

« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2010, 12:59:14 am »
4 Charged in Concert Ticket Resale Scheme
By JOSEPH PLAMBECK

Federal prosecutors in New Jersey said on Monday that four men operating under the name Wiseguy Tickets had broken into online sites, buying more than one million tickets to some of the country?s most popular musical and sporting events and then reselling them for more than $25 million in profit.

In its 43-count indictment, the prosecutors say the men built a computer network that created thousands of fake accounts and built a program that could outsmart the ticketing software that creates oddly shaped letters intended to require human verification.

The events affected by the scheme cut across a wide swath of the entertainment business, from Hannah Montana concerts to Broadway shows and New York Yankees playoff games. The verification systems of many major online ticket vendors, including Ticketmaster, Telecharge and Major League Baseball, were breached.

The company would search only for those seats that they believed could be sold for a premium, sometimes at more than $1,000 over face value.

?At a time when the Internet has brought convenience and fairness to the ticket marketplace, these defendants gamed the system with a sophisticated fraud operation that generated over $25 million in illicit profits,? Paul J. Fishman, a United States attorney, said in a statement.

Three of the indicted men, Kenneth Lowson, 40, Kristofer Kirsch, 37, and Joel Stevenson, 37, surrendered on Monday. Mr. Lowson is being held until his lawyers can present a bail package to the court, while Mr. Stevenson and Mr. Kirsch were released on bail.

The fourth man, Faisal Nahdi, 36, is out of the country and arrangements are being made for his surrender, according to the United States attorney?s office.

As early as 2005, Ticketmaster, now part of Live Nation Entertainment, contacted Wiseguy about improper ticket buying. In 2008, Ticketmaster contacted the companies hosting Wiseguy?s computers in an effort to stop the use of the automated programs.

vansmack

« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2010, 01:10:20 am »
Which one of them is ChokeyChicken?
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2021, 05:02:29 pm »
I thought about resuscitating the chokey chicken thread, but opted for this instead:

3 Scalpers Fined for using bots to scoop up tickets on Ticketmaster
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2021, 05:12:11 pm »
I thought about resuscitating the chokey chicken thread,
I still have a DUI-committer to out, IIRC.
LVMH

« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2021, 05:16:09 pm »
I thought about resuscitating the chokey chicken thread,
I still have a DUI-committer to out, IIRC.
I have no idea what any of this means...but found some classic hutch

WHy don't you ram the milk bottle up your ass nice and hard?

This was a funny line
The FTC originally planned on fining the defendants more than $31 million. But none of them could pay the amount. So for now, the regulator has suspended demanding the full fine.
slack