Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 212995 times)

vansmack

Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #465 on: May 22, 2009, 02:56:00 pm »
Go HAWKS!

They gave away the game (and I would argue the series) on Tuesday.  But it's good to see that people still have hope.

Turnovers kill. Poise counts. Experience matters. Confidence is king.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #466 on: May 22, 2009, 03:01:59 pm »
Oh, and Chaz, your arguments wreak of desperation.  If he really was the best you wouldn't have to constantly remind us.  He's good, nobody doubts that.  Is there room for improvement?  A tremendous amount. 

But I will take the time to remind you that his season is over.  Would he trade in all of these individual awards to be in the position Sidney Crosby is in?  I'm not as certain...

But if this is what it takes for Caps fans to continue to participate in hockey conversations, so be it.  You're missing some exciting hockey by not watching though.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #467 on: May 22, 2009, 03:03:07 pm »
you dont have to be the classiest guy/nicest guy for other people to notice what you bring to the game.

Spoken like a true Pronger fan....
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #468 on: May 22, 2009, 03:15:56 pm »
there was a survey of nhl players in this weeks sports illustrated, and i think 51% said ovie was the best player in hockey. only like 2% said crosby (malkin was higher)

am i going to care if the pens raise the cup? will nick lindstrom care that he only got less than 10% or whatever if the wings win it all? am i going to think about it next week?

hell no
o/\o

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #469 on: May 22, 2009, 03:27:39 pm »
Oh, and Chaz, your arguments wreak of desperation.  If he really was the best you wouldn't have to constantly remind us.  He's good, nobody doubts that.  Is there room for improvement?  A tremendous amount. 

But I will take the time to remind you that his season is over.  Would he trade in all of these individual awards to be in the position Sidney Crosby is in?  I'm not as certain...

But if this is what it takes for Caps fans to continue to participate in hockey conversations, so be it.  You're missing some exciting hockey by not watching though.
Oh believe me I'm still watching.  And  you don't need to remid me our season is over we got thumped by crosby malkin and the pens...I was there.  All due respect to their team.  The caps have a little ways to go but they are a few pieces away from being a great team and I thing they will be in the mix for a while, which doesn't exactly happen in DC a lot lately.

My post was pretty much primarily directed at RatBastard who kept on saying Ov was totally classless, disrespectful to the game etc.  When I asked him why he never ever answered.  So I was just digging at him for dodging the question...clearly he doesn't like the caps or Ov and that's just fine I was just having some fun with him.

And you people don't have to be so snobby about your hockey.  Sure, most of my life I've only been a casual fan ....and yes having a exciting team with and exciting star in my hometown is drawing me in BIG TIME.  I'm a big sports fan, but have never been one to adopt a team from another city as "my team".  For chrissake....I'm a god damned redskins fan since the 70's.  Do you know how depressing that's been the last 15 years?  Danny and fucking fed-ex field?  Don't even get me started on that.  Let's just say I suffer year in and year out.  And in DC we've had to settle for the O's and Peter Angelos the worst owner in all of baseball cockblocking DC out of a team forever.  Then we finally get one and their marketing plan is about as good as something one of those groups of morons on The Apprentice would come up with.  I mean come on...all you hear about the Nats in their commercials is how you shouldn't drive down there, take metro.  It's almost like they are begging people not to go.  And the team itself has been managed for shit since it got here making a few crucial mistakes with trades/non trades, but I will respectfully reserve judgement about the on field product for another year or two and give them a chance.  The Wizards?  Forget about it!  I don't EVER see them getting out of the first round of the playoffs with this core, if that even now that the east is slowly getting stronger in the NBA (though I'm not a big bball fan anyway).

Boy I feel better getting all that off my chest.  As if 10 years of DC sports angst has been lifted!

So yeah, having a young exciting team with potential here in town is huge....DC has been such a loser of a sports town for a long time so a lot of people are getting into hockey here.  Sure we're not one of the original 8, I'm not from Canada, but I'm not a complete moron either, of course I know the game doesn't start or end with players like Ov, Malkin or Crosby (who only got 1.8 % of the players vote as opposed to the 50% that Ov got sorry couldn't resist ;D).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 03:31:35 pm by chaz »

godsshoeshine

« Reply #470 on: May 22, 2009, 03:35:21 pm »
taken before the playoffs ;)
o/\o

chaz

« Reply #471 on: May 22, 2009, 03:42:13 pm »
taken before the playoffs ;)
I know I know....... >:(

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #472 on: May 22, 2009, 03:45:00 pm »

vansmack

« Reply #473 on: May 22, 2009, 03:51:47 pm »
And you people don't have to be so snobby about your hockey. 

That's where you're wrong.  The rest I didn't read.
27>34

chaz

« Reply #474 on: May 22, 2009, 03:59:55 pm »

But if this is what it takes for Caps fans to continue to participate in hockey conversations, so be it. 

for someone who's just gotten into hockey, you're already a real ass!

and for a newcomer, you certainly act like the game begins and ends with ovie which clearly it does not.

Am I? ::)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 04:02:24 pm by chaz »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #475 on: May 22, 2009, 07:56:11 pm »
datsyuk scratched from the line-up for tonight. should make the game a little more interesting... CHI might have a chance of winning. maybe.
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #476 on: May 22, 2009, 07:58:49 pm »
datsyuk scratched from the line-up for tonight. should make the game a little more interesting... CHI might have a chance of winning. maybe.
Chicago's taking this one, and I said it before Datsyuk's injury was announced. Detroit will head home up 3-1, but I like Chicago in this one.

chaz

« Reply #477 on: May 22, 2009, 10:15:51 pm »
Holy shit unbelievable game.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #478 on: May 22, 2009, 10:46:13 pm »
is it just me or has this been an above-average year for free hockey?
<sig>

chaz

« Reply #479 on: May 22, 2009, 10:53:44 pm »
I don't know but i am officially a bad dad...my 5 year old son is still up with me ready to watch overtime.  Earlier in the game he said "go Red Wings!" sure he thought the Hawks were the Wings since the hawks have on the home reds....I asked him "what color helmets are the red wings wearing?" and he said "white".  That's my boy.  I'm pretty sure he's only ever watched one other Det game with me and that game they were definately wearing their home reds.  The kid is paying attention.

I'm jumping on the bandwagon with my son Henry.  I'm with Detroit from here on out. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 10:56:12 pm by chaz »