Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 215803 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2009, 09:27:58 am »
Apparantly the Caps aren't playing playoff hockey anymore. No one screening Lundquist and no one crashing the net. If I see one more shot from the top of the circles/high slot (*cough* OV *cough*) I'm going to blow a fucking fuse. Dear Mike Green: If you get the puck at the point and have a wide open tunnel towards the net, SKATE TOWARDS THE FUCKING NET!

Someone please take a run at Lundquist, too. Dude plays without fear of anyone coming with in a hemisphere of his crease.

I'm beside myself right now.

sonickteam2

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2009, 10:19:35 am »

Someone please take a run at Lundquist, too. Dude plays without fear of anyone coming with in a hemisphere of his crease.

I'm beside myself right now.

i wouldnt mind! considering my Bruins play him next. haha.  To be honest, it makes me mad cause Vs. blacks out the games for me, despite living in Baltimore and being unable to get them any other way.  So i cant really comment on the series.  nor can i feel comfortable with knowing if the Rangers are really playing that well, or if the Caps are just pulling a Sharks.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2009, 10:28:49 am »
you dont get comcast sports net?
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2009, 12:02:48 pm »
you dont get comcast sports net?

well, i have Dish Network and in baltimore, i  get my RSN which is MASN, not CSN-MA. i could pay extra for it, but i found it was still blacking games out (and its not worth the $5.99 a month extra). Even with Center Ice, it blacks out all Capitals games. 

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2009, 12:05:00 pm »
My perception of CSN has taken a serious dive with this playoff series. I noticed how the broadcasts are very low quality (lights look dim, colors and definition aren't as crisp) while the highlights on Versus are almost hi-def crystal clear. Very disappointing. Like almost watching a MASN broadcast. I'll take what I can get, but it pisses me off that Versus is blacked out and has a much better quality video broadcast.

What do I care? The Caps won't be playing after Sunday anyway.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2009, 12:15:40 pm »
versus does have a better picture than csn

those masn nats commercials crack me up "remember that time we knocked the mets out of first!!!" jesus

its kind of weird that they wont give you csn-dc for free and black it out at the same time, though
o/\o

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2009, 12:20:25 pm »
its kind of weird that they wont give you csn-dc for free and black it out at the same time, though

When have the cable monopolies and regulations ever made since in the first place?

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2009, 12:21:49 pm »
versus does have a better picture than csn

The thing is that CSN Chicago doesn't do the same thing. Maybe it's because it is 25% owned by the Cubs and has that money invested in the product, the picture is always good (even for the White Sox and Blackhawks) and you never get an inferior broadcast. I used to think the same for CSN DC but obviously I was off base.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2009, 12:31:22 pm »

When have the cable monopolies and regulations ever made since in the first place?
he has a dish
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2009, 12:39:31 pm »

one more reason to hate the caps!

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2009, 01:39:31 pm »

he has a dish

I meant cable/sattellite together in general. Both have extremely screwed up rules and regulations.

vansmack

« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2009, 02:43:49 pm »

I think you meant to say: This is why cable companies should not be allowed to own television networks.

Comcast Baltimore has MASN and Comcast Sports Net and does not black out Capitals games, nor does DirecTV. 

Dish Network refuses to pay Comcast for the rights to broadcast the Capitals (and probably the Nats) outside of the DC local area (notice I didn't say mid-Atlantic region) because they think Comcast is asking too much.  They're probably right, but only the customer suffers - that's why DirecTV paid up.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2009, 03:34:14 pm »

I think you meant to say: This is why cable companies should not be allowed to own television networks.

Comcast Baltimore has MASN and Comcast Sports Net and does not black out Capitals games, nor does DirecTV. 

Dish Network refuses to pay Comcast for the rights to broadcast the Capitals (and probably the Nats) outside of the DC local area (notice I didn't say mid-Atlantic region) because they think Comcast is asking too much.  They're probably right, but only the customer suffers - that's why DirecTV paid up.

which is why i have been tempted to switch to Directv, that and MLB extra innings.

but, alas, I am grandfathered into a plan that gives me 40 HD channels for $29.99 a month and the fact that DirecTV does not offer both home and away feeds for hockey games has me staying for now.  Its super nice to be able to watch my Bruins only on NESN and never have to hear some other teams homer announcers bashing my boys!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2009, 09:50:37 am »
Another Wings victory, another San Jose gutless, cowardly performance.

shemptiness

« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2009, 10:50:46 am »
Speaking of cowardly performances....

Torts suspended for Game 6