Author Topic: Wilco presale  (Read 39372 times)

Lazer Guided Melodies

Re: Wilco presale
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 03:35:22 pm »
I will be going to this show at Red Rocks.  I actually have a nice lineup of shows at the Rocks this year with Iron & Wine and Flight of Conchords, Leonard Cohen, Wilco, and Monolith.  At Red Rocks you always need a good friend who is willing to head in early and get good seats while you stay and drink in the parking lot. 

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 03:37:45 pm »
But if you have seats, you can also sit on the lawn, right?

The price difference is only $6, worth that much for the rain insurance.

yes, but you can't bring a cooler into the pavilion, if i remember correctly
(o|o)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 03:44:17 pm »
you cant bring any food or drink other than water into the pavilion. learned that the hard way

i suppose you can do all that during before wilco comes on and run it back to the car real quick, but i like the lawn personally
o/\o

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 03:46:08 pm »
Can you bring an empty backpack into the pavillion?

The plan being to drink a bottle of wine and eat our food prior to Wilco coming on...

I guess the question is are there any kind of bag restrictions?

hutch

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 04:03:58 pm »
man you guys don't know shit about wolftrap do you?

not surprising given the posts on here a few months ago about how wolftrap sucks!!

wolftrap is a national park.. you can bring in anything you want.. if you want to walk in and take a nice swig of your bottle of jack daniels while smiling at the park ranger you can do that too.

as far as coolers people who go to wolftrap and have a cooler but are sitting in the pavilion leave the cooler on the side of the pavilion (no one takes them) and go there for breaks or whenever you want a drink/food....it works quite well.

brennser

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 05:02:25 pm »
thanks for the heads up on the presale guys - just snagged 2 lawn tickets

now we just have to pray for no thunderstorms!

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 07:37:08 pm »
Conor Oberst & The Mystic Valley Band opening for Wilco at Wolf Trap (and other east coast shows)

todd711

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 09:25:39 pm »
I just checked and there are still rear orchestra on the side available. 

yohansen5b

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 10:03:26 pm »
But if you have seats, you can also sit on the lawn, right?

The price difference is only $6, worth that much for the rain insurance.

i got my lawn tickets, which i much prefer with wolf trap... bring a cooler and friends, great summer evening

that's what i'm doing.  the goddam ticket fees are some of the highest i've seen.  i'm not digging wilco's new ticket handler.

and, yes, you can bring anything (legal) you want in to wolf trap.  that's one of the best reasons to see a show there.  as someone mentioned, it's a national park so they allow you to bring food, beer, or wine thru the door.  i think, though, that if you get busted with illegal substances, you're in deep shit -- smoking pot on federal ground is a big no-no, right?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009, 10:03:55 pm »
Conor Oberst & The Mystic Valley Band opening for Wilco at Wolf Trap (and other east coast shows)

this is very troubling.  i wanted to live my entire life without ever seeing conor oberst.
(o|o)

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 10:14:13 pm »
My roommate is a huge Conor/Bright Eyes fan, so I've heard just about everything the man has released.  I was never big on Bright Eyes, but Conor's two solo albums with the Mystic Valley Band are very good.  It's a different vocal style (less yelpy), and the music seems like it would appeal to a Wilco crowd.

But I could be wrong.  Either way, I'm pretty excited for this show.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 09:23:05 am »
How much of a pain in the ass is it to get out to Wolf Trap via the shuttle to Metro?

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 09:31:44 am »
Ditto.

this is very troubling.  i wanted to live my entire life without ever seeing conor oberst.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 10:48:13 am »
well, you could get to the venue early and drink yourself blind... then you wouldn't see conor  :o
<sig>

hemisphire

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 11:03:38 am »
Regular sale starts Saturday, April 25 at 12 noon.