Author Topic: Wilco presale  (Read 39317 times)

heather

Re: Wilco presale
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2009, 03:13:44 pm »
New album

thanks, shemp!  i'm liking what i've heard so far  :)

yohansen5b

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2009, 06:58:46 pm »
New album

thanks, shemp!  i'm liking what i've heard so far  :)

i'm liking this way more than Sky Blue Sky already.  as always, it'll be interesting to see how they play the new songs live.  july 8 just seems so far away...

between wilco (the stream), lost season finale, caps game 7, and landing tickets to both the shins and the hold steady, this has been a pretty damn good day.

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 01:29:44 pm »
New one is pretty good, but not nearly as good as Sky Blue Sky.

It's about as good as the new Son Volt album...

K8teebug

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2009, 03:12:57 pm »
I heard the single today and I thought it was terrible. 

"I'm Done with this" (or whatever the lyrics were)

yes I am...

brennser

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2009, 06:44:26 pm »

Yada

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2009, 11:06:28 am »
Damn...

Never thought this show would sell out.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2009, 11:53:07 am »
Damn...

Really?  You didn't?

Wilco on their own would be a big enough draw to eventually sell it out, but throw Conor Oberst in there as opener, and that's a whole different crowd that will show interest in this show.

New DVD, album, album leak, Jay Bennett lawsuit=Wilco in the news a lot recently.

Yada

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2009, 07:49:10 pm »
Damn...

Really?  You didn't?

Wilco on their own would be a big enough draw to eventually sell it out, but throw Conor Oberst in there as opener, and that's a whole different crowd that will show interest in this show.

New DVD, album, album leak, Jay Bennett lawsuit=Wilco in the news a lot recently.
Damn...

Really?  You didn't?

I guess potentially by the day of the show, but nearly two months in advance, a place that holds 6k people, didn't think it would happen. Plus, Wilco isn't the same in a huge venue like that.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2009, 08:16:18 pm »
Meh, I'm actually surprised it took this long to sell out.  Like I said, Wilco's gotten a lot of publicity lately, musical and otherwise, so it makes sense.  And Conor isn't playing a headlining show in the area, so I'd bet there'll be more than a few people there to see him more than Wilco.

I don't think the venue is too big for them sound-wise.  They'll just tailor the setlist to fit the venue, like they tend to do.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2009, 12:31:44 am »
Jay Bennett died in his sleep.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2009, 09:36:53 pm »
any idea on set times and recent setlists?  any chance of hearing old stuff?  the last merriweather show had a great oldies encore

EDIT:  i like answering my own questions

this tour's statistics
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 09:42:14 pm by HoyaSaxa03 »
(o|o)

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2009, 09:39:52 pm »
wilcobase.com

More setlists than you'll know what to do with.

hutch

« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2009, 12:02:43 am »
I'm wondering though if we'll get the full set list..I mean 28 songs should take over 2 hours

I mean must show end by 11 or last metro shuttle is by 11 even if show doesn't end???? Unclear on that....

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2009, 12:13:41 am »
I don't know if Wolf Trap has a curfew, but the time of the last Metro train wouldn't be affected by a concert.  It'll just leave whenever it's supposed to leave, whether the concert's done or not.

11 seems a bit early to be a curfew for Wolf Trap.  But I've only been there a few times.  Does it have one?

hutch

« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2009, 12:43:23 am »
I'll call wolftrap tomorrow but this could be a show where taking the metro bus means losing the end of the show.. If Conor Oberst goes on at 8 I don't see Wilco going on until 9 and if they run through 28 songs I just don't see it being done in time for people to get on Metrobus shuttle which is saying 11 at the latest on website..