Author Topic: NYC Shows/Just Announced Thread  (Read 409028 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: NYC Shows/Just Announced Thread
« Reply #510 on: February 11, 2011, 02:04:27 pm »
Just out of curiosity - but did anyone get LCD SS tix??

tried.  failed.  nuthin'.  i didn't get drop-downs until 11:06, and then got "sold out" on my first pull (i selected 2 tickets, "best available").  i've read the DFA msg board that this was the standard experience, although a few.  i feel a lawsuit coming on...

i'm inclined to think that scalper-bots blocked TM long enough for them to scoop everything up.

however, as one person has pointed out, it is possible that tickets never went on sale today.  someone pointed out that if scalpers had in fact seized all the tickets, one would have expected a huge influx of tickets available on stubhub, ebay, etc... yet there hasn't been one.  also, apparently some other high-demand shows that went on sale at the same time showed onsale irregularities as well.  so maybe there was a technical eff-up and the tickets were never on sale in the first place.

the other option that being floated is that most tickets were allocated to the presales, thus very little was left for today's general onsale.

james murphy is looking in to it.  according to his twitter, he's contacted TM and will share anything he learns.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #511 on: February 11, 2011, 02:14:30 pm »
Lily - a picture from Terminal 5 at the chromeo show.

That looks insane.

ya know what even crazier?  there's a third balcony missing from that pic, it's cut off. 

T5 is the shiny new strip-mall of concert venues.  it's slick, huge, cookie-cutter and somewhat soul-less.  on the upside, there are lots of good sight-lines and the sound is above-average.  i'm not a fan of the venue but i wouldn't skip a show just because it's there and not somewhere else.  the last two NIN shows there were awesome.

every time i see a show there, i'm reminded of what LA mega-club are portrayed as in the movies.  i expect to see more models than i actually do.
<sig>

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #512 on: February 11, 2011, 04:42:20 pm »
im following the twitter feed. the thing people are forgetting is MSG might hold 20k seats but theyre not using the full arena. they rarely do unless youre prince and its a concert in-the-round.

itll be interesting to see what happens, but its hard to believe this show sold out _that_ quickly. now just hoping that schumer gets involved! and most people couldnt get tix during pre-sale either. and it seems a lot of scalpers were also buying tickets during the mercury pre-sale.

the whole thing is just turning into a nightmare. im just glad that my friend scored us a group of 4 - even if they are in the nosebleeds. (actually i might take that back - msg that high up is not a good experience).

Just out of curiosity - but did anyone get LCD SS tix??

tried.  failed.  nuthin'.  i didn't get drop-downs until 11:06, and then got "sold out" on my first pull (i selected 2 tickets, "best available").  i've read the DFA msg board that this was the standard experience, although a few.  i feel a lawsuit coming on...

i'm inclined to think that scalper-bots blocked TM long enough for them to scoop everything up.

however, as one person has pointed out, it is possible that tickets never went on sale today.  someone pointed out that if scalpers had in fact seized all the tickets, one would have expected a huge influx of tickets available on stubhub, ebay, etc... yet there hasn't been one.  also, apparently some other high-demand shows that went on sale at the same time showed onsale irregularities as well.  so maybe there was a technical eff-up and the tickets were never on sale in the first place.

the other option that being floated is that most tickets were allocated to the presales, thus very little was left for today's general onsale.

james murphy is looking in to it.  according to his twitter, he's contacted TM and will share anything he learns.
HeyLa

agenthal

« Reply #513 on: February 11, 2011, 05:35:51 pm »
I am kicking myself. Pulled one in section 93 in the presale and I turned it down. GAH!

Honestly though, I do think they never went onsale today... or the scalper bots got them all. It's got to be one or the other. Ridiculous.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #514 on: February 11, 2011, 06:03:25 pm »
this is an entertaining read:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/tix/2209532045.html

the only flaw he has is 22,000 seats are not going on sale. They dont even sell tix for these shows to the seats behind the stage. Its a rare thing - so unless youre Prince - and your show is in the round (or U2) - those seats are never open. Doubt James Murphy is behind it - but would not at all be surprised if no tix were ever for sale today (although maybe amex had claimed some).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 06:08:46 pm by xneverwherex »
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #515 on: February 11, 2011, 06:04:27 pm »
I am kicking myself. Pulled one in section 93 in the presale and I turned it down. GAH!

i just want to highlight this decision of yours.  done.
<sig>

agenthal

« Reply #516 on: February 11, 2011, 06:12:42 pm »

Seriously, this sucks. I figured it'd be easy to pull GA or floor in the main sale, but this was a catastrophe.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #517 on: February 11, 2011, 06:16:43 pm »
your only hope is schumer gets involved :) (or follow the twitter feed and lets hope james gets to the bottom of this). everyone i know that was trying did not come through with tickets. A lot of bummed people in my office today.

if youre in nyc - highly recommend going the night of the show and seeing what you can come by. im sure there will be a lot of scalpers trying hard to get rid of tix.

Seriously, this sucks. I figured it'd be easy to pull GA or floor in the main sale, but this was a catastrophe.
HeyLa

azaghal1981

« Reply #518 on: February 11, 2011, 06:58:08 pm »
Was there a limit of any sort? If there was, can't just they void all the "customers'" orders that went over the limit and put those tix back up?

Did anybody go to this:?
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/patti-smith-the-roots-j-mascis-and-more-pay-tribute-to-neil-young-at-carnegie-hall-20110211

Would love to hear that "Cortez."
احمد

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #519 on: February 11, 2011, 07:07:32 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #520 on: February 11, 2011, 08:51:46 pm »
Was there a limit of any sort? If there was, can't just they void all the "customers'" orders that went over the limit and put those tix back up?

yes, there was a ticket limit per person (8 tickets) but scalpers are smarter than ordering 1,000 tickets on the same account...
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #521 on: February 11, 2011, 09:33:11 pm »
LCD just added Terminal 5 show(s)..unclear..website is down (too many hits)...they are calling it a fuck you to scalpers

**** you, scalpers. terminal 5 shows added.

holy ****
this here is just to say that we were more than taken aback and surprised about the speed of ticket sales for the april 2nd MSG gig, as well as the effectiveness of scalper pieces of ****ing **** at getting their hands on said tickets before fans could, and it?s knocked us on our asses.
no?we didn?t have a smart paperless ticketing system in place, and no?we didn?t have the pre-sale worked out very well, but this is simply because we?ve never sold anything out so quickly in our LIVES, and certainly never sold out anything as big as MSG. i personally thought i was being bold in suggesting to our manager that we might sell it out ?in 10 days?. that was my bold claim. everyone laughed at me. it?s us and liquid liquid. that?s it. we had MEETINGS and MEETINGS about the ?other band? we needed to ?fill the place?, as we were definitely considered to be nowhere near big enough (most of these bands were, like, way bigger than us, by the way).
we didn?t sell out hollywood bowl, and that was with both hot chip and sleigh bells. there was, i repeat, no expectation of our selling this out either. my main concerns at the time were things like ticketmaster charges?how they were going to make the tickets ridiculously costly? we never dreamed some shitbags would try to get THOUSANDS for our show. it?s insane.
but it happened. we all looked at each other in horror and sat there. i mean, aren?t you supposed to be psyched? your band sold out madison square garden! i live in nyc, and that?s THE PLACE. i saw the jackson?s victory tour there when i was a kid.
but there it was?the **** was gone, and people?not just people, but ****ing proper fans?were PISSED. nancy from the band tried to buy tickets. failed. i tried. failed. our best friends?not wanting to hassle us for guestlist spots tried?failed. i bought 2 tickets to my own show for 3 times the value like an idiot to see if real tickets showed up. my family got burned.
it was, to say the least, weird.
we tried getting another day at MSG. i?d mentioned this before and most everyone kind of rolled their eyes at me. ?2 madison square garden shows, dude? really?? i thought, well, just in case, you know? maybe some people would fly from other places or something. but MSG, being one of the most popular venues on the planet, was unsurprisingly booked. (for the record: just because it doesn?t look booked on the internet, doesn?t mean it?s available. just saying.)
we tried calling our lawyer about the ticket scalping. ?it?s legal?. no joke. it?s ****ing legal. i tramped around with friends and band getting insane. i wanted to buy some expensive tickets and then track the seller down to BEAT him. i acted stupid. i did some classic, shakespearean vain ?fist shaking?, etc. i made angry tweets. (i?m wondering now what on earth could be less effective and more of a first-world spoiled idiotic move than ?angry tweets?? jesus.) i read conspiracy theories about how this was some cash-grab i orchestrated. i read that there are 50,000 seats at MSG (i think our show will have 13k). i read that people had already bought flights, hotels. wanted to bring their kids. waited in the cold. i read that some people thought this was one of the reasons we were calling it quits (check). i read that this was a media stunt we planned. i read very funny comments from my friend aziz, one of which was taken seriously (that MSG had given me 30,000 tickets personally for guest list). i read that i was giving all the tickets to my ?new celebrity friends? (aziz is about the closest thing i have to a ?celebrity friend?, and we met at terminal 5 watching hot chip when we were, well, not very ?celebrated?). i read that we should cancel the show and put the tickets up on sale in a better fashion. i read that we should NOT do that, for ****?s sake. i read that we should go **** ourselves.
i read a lot of stuff, waiting to hear if we could get another night at MSG, which seemed like the only option. but it failed. then i kind of sat in my house, trying not to worry for 20 minutes, and made a very, very good coffee.
i don?t know what people think about us, really. i?d love to say i don?t care, but i do. these people in my band?they are my very good friends. i love them very much. i love this band very much. everything about it. i?m very proud of it?of us, and i get defensive when people talk **** about us. i feel like we?ve been able to do something sort of special for 9 years: making music we like the way we like it. going on tour and playing, no computers or ********. no in-ears. a bunch of weird substitute teachers just trying to play something like the bands we loved growing up. whenever anyone said **** about us being sellouts or something, it stung, because i consider this entire thing?the band, everything?to be a communication between us and whoever is listening, and not just a thing unto itself. i remember being a fan and seeing bands, thinking ?this is us. this is you playing and me/us watching? and how real that connection was, and i always wanted to honor that strange relationship with our band. so when someone felt wronged or hurt or outraged, it stung. it stung because, on some level, regardless of the ?you can?t please everyone? stuff that gets rationally said to you when this **** happens, it meant that i?d failed. i?d failed to communicate. on the other hand, i?ve had my world turned upside down by a lot of amazing things people have said about us, or to us. i?ve met fans and made friends, and felt very strongly how that relationship actually works?and how we brought ourselves, each other, finally here, to where we play our last show?and biggest show ever?together, at this amazing place.
and then, this ****ing ticket thing happened.
so to the point. you can?t make everyone happy, and i?m sure this will wind someone up somewhere (?but i paid $600 for one seat at MSG!!!) or seem like some ****** ?plan? to someone else (?they were gonna do it all along!!! it?s all a big retirement money plan to bilk the fans!!!?) or something else that someone who theoretically likes our band thinks (why are you trying to buy a ticket?? how could you even listen to a band that you think is capable of some of this ****!??) but we?ve come up with the best solution i can think of, as quickly as possible so as to deflate the market for those scalping scum****s.
we?re going to play 4 shows at terminal 5 in nyc leading up to the MSG show, and they will include most if not all of the songs we play at MSG. the farewell run-up to the last dance. it?ll be the 28th, 29th, 30th and 31st of march. OBVIOUSLY we?re going to look seriously at the way we sell these tickets. not ?paperless, (i?ve been advised that the ?paperless? thing is apparently now ILLEGAL in NY? seriously?don?t ask me) but there are some ideas floating around that could be just as effective (though it?ll take a minute to get folks in the door.)
we?ll announce the shows officially early in the week, and tickets will be on sale soon after. we?re announcing all the shows at once, and if they don?t sell out, i don?t care. i just want to give people who actually want to see us a chance to see us. for a reasonable ticket price. and i want to drop the price of the MSG tickets being sold by piece of **** scalpers.
oh?and a small thing to scalpers: ?it?s legal? is what people say when they don?t have ethics. the law is there to set the LIMIT of what is PUNISHABLE (aka where the state needs to intervene) but we are supposed to have ethics, and that should be the primary guiding force in our actions, you ****ing ****.
and to everyone else: thank you. you rule. don?t let the shitbags win.
i feel like conan o?brien.
james
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 09:41:03 pm by hutch »

lily1

« Reply #522 on: February 11, 2011, 09:53:57 pm »
thanks folks for the info on terminal 5.

we're not thrilled to have to see josh ritter there but the dc show is so ridiculously sold out. i refuse to pay double/triple over face value for these dc tickets as.sholes are selling on craigs list so this is our only alternative.

teepo

« Reply #523 on: February 11, 2011, 11:09:02 pm »
when do the t5 tickets go on sale

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #524 on: February 12, 2011, 12:03:54 am »
when do the t5 tickets go on sale

"http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/02/11/lcd-soundsystem-announce-four-more-farewell-shows/

They say a Press Release indicates $40 per ticket, two tickets per person, on sale Friday the 18th, and you'll have to show your ID at the door."
<sig>