Author Topic: For All You Caps Fans  (Read 107308 times)

atomicfront

Re: For All You Caps Fans
« Reply #450 on: March 11, 2013, 12:26:14 pm »
He didnt fire Earnie and that bastard has driven the Wizards straight into the ground, George has 5 playoff appearances and 4 division titles since Ovechkin has come here. I just don't see him being fired. Flash was crap when he was here and Semin was lazy. If they didn't produce when they were here [with Boudreau, "the best coach in the NHL"] why keep them?

I think this team is grittier than they were under Hunter, it just seems like they still take their foot off the pedal. It seems like when they "stick to the system" it works out, in the end. But yesterday against the Rangers they ice was really fucking tilted in the other direction... At some points in the Islanders game it looked likt they were on 5 minute power plays but couldn't score. Against the Rangers it looked like they started getting bullied around halfway through the game. Of course the NBC commentators loved that. I fucking hate those cunts.

What is Mcphee's record when Bruce wasn't coaching?  I am sure pretty awful.  Even last year under Hunter their record was under .500.  And the teams record with Ovechkin before Bruce was worst in the league.  Bruce Brodreau is what got the team the titles. Not Mcphee. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #451 on: March 11, 2013, 01:45:22 pm »
And Bruce Boudreau was FIRED because going to the playoffs is GREAT when in ends in a championship. 4 straight years, 4 straight division titles, even halfway through last year with Bruce and they still ended up in the playoffs with the same result: No championship.

I think George should be fired as well. MY argument is that I just don't see Ted doing that seeing as how Ernie has produced squat and just got an extension on his contract after burning the Wizards to the ground.... Get my point?
‼‼?‼‼

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #452 on: March 12, 2013, 05:57:27 am »
I think George should be fired as well. MY argument is that I just don't see Ted doing that seeing as how Ernie has produced squat and just got an extension on his contract after burning the Wizards to the ground.... Get my point?

This team is so screwed. GMGM is going nowhere and unfortunately, neither is Ovie. They're completely rudderless and look like they are completely lost on the ice. Absolutely no leadership, no direction, no nothing. Ted will bloviate and talk about patience and offense. They're less than a shell of 2009.

Even worse the Caps give Tony Kornheiser's bitch ass plenty of easy cheap shots at the fan base.

Fuck you, Ted.

atomicfront

« Reply #453 on: March 12, 2013, 09:56:43 am »
And Bruce Boudreau was FIRED because going to the playoffs is GREAT when in ends in a championship. 4 straight years, 4 straight division titles, even halfway through last year with Bruce and they still ended up in the playoffs with the same result: No championship.

the difference between Bruce teams and last season.  Bruce's teams were exciting..well until Mcphee made him play the trap.  Hunter's teams were unwatchable.   Bad teams winning games.  The league needs to change the rules so that doesn't happen.  As for the Caps losing two years in a row during the 2nd and 3rd years of Bruce's reign.  This might have to do with both the Pens and the Canadians having Hal Gil on their team who was put on Ovie.  The Caps should have signed their own Hal Gil when they had a chance.  You know a shut down defenseman. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #454 on: March 12, 2013, 11:18:24 am »
I'm not arguing excitement, I'm arguing the end result was always the same. Who gives a shit if it's exciting hockey or boring hockey if you win a championship? When you win, it's winning hockey and championship hockey. They were one of the highest scoring teams for 2 fucking years and could't get it done. I think THAT is where the patience comes in. Stick with the system, work out the kinks. As great as the Ducks are, i don't see them winning the Cup this year. I'll eat my own words if that happens, but we'll see. Maybe they're more disciplined over there.

I think we're asking a lot from a team that has gone through 3 systems in a year and a half, most especially with half a season and NO training camp this year. Say what you will about talent lacking, most of the core group that was here through those high powered years are still here.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #455 on: March 12, 2013, 11:23:34 am »
I'm not arguing excitement, I'm arguing the end result was always the same. Who gives a shit if it's exciting hockey or boring hockey if you win a championship? When you win, it's winning hockey and championship hockey. They were one of the highest scoring teams for 2 fucking years and could't get it done. I think THAT is where the patience comes in. Stick with the system, work out the kinks. As great as the Ducks are, i don't see them winning the Cup this year. I'll eat my own words if that happens, but we'll see. Maybe they're more disciplined over there.

I think we're asking a lot from a team that has gone through 3 systems in a year and a half, most especially with half a season and NO training camp this year. Say what you will about talent lacking, most of the core group that was here through those high powered years are still here.

Well if the games are unwatchable I really don't care if they win a championship or not becuase I am not watching them.  So if they win by the coach taking advantage of the league not implementing rules to stop the game from being boring I am not going to watch. It is like when they didn't have a shot clock in college basketball and the coaches would play 4 corners or some bull shit.  I am not watching that. 

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #456 on: March 12, 2013, 11:52:22 am »
Well if the games are unwatchable I really don't care if they win a championship or not becuase I am not watching them.  So if they win by the coach taking advantage of the league not implementing rules to stop the game from being boring I am not going to watch. It is like when they didn't have a shot clock in college basketball and the coaches would play 4 corners or some bull shit.  I am not watching that. 

Thanks for outing yourself. Don't let the door hit you in the ass, idiot. Don't like it? Don't fucking watch it.

Nothing more insufferable than a fairweather hockey fan whining about "entertaining" hockey. Winning hockey is the most entertaining hockey there is.

Fuck off, already.

slappy

« Reply #457 on: March 12, 2013, 12:41:49 pm »

I believe it was more about the majority of the players not trusting/following Bruce's coaching for his firing. Especially when the highest paid player, Ovie wasn't performing for the coach. It was either Bruce or Ovie and there's no way Ovie was going anywhere.

There is a possibility George could be gone if things keep trending down. George is the 3rd longest tenured GM and has been here since '97. That's much longer Ernie has been around so I wouldn't use that as a reason he's safe.

I would hope Ted is keeping an eye out for a prospective GM change. Buffalo has also got to be looking for a replacement for Regier. Both teams have no cups under their longstanding GMs.

atomicfront

« Reply #458 on: March 12, 2013, 12:43:52 pm »

Thanks for outing yourself. Don't let the door hit you in the ass, idiot. Don't like it? Don't fucking watch it.

Nothing more insufferable than a fairweather hockey fan whining about "entertaining" hockey. Winning hockey is the most entertaining hockey there is.

Fuck off, already.

you go fuck off.  If it isn't entertaining I won't watch it.  It isn't fairweather. I am there to be entertained.  I can watch football instead.  I went back to being a baseball fan last season. Hadn't been a fan since the early 90's when I first became a huge caps fan.  Last season was too boring.  So baseball got me back.  And the Orioles happened to have a winning season so that was a plus for me.

And winning hockey is not entertaining.  End to end action 80's style hockey is exciting.  I don't care if they win if I fall asleep.  And you have some sort of problem. there is no reason to get upset about this.   You might need to see a psycologist.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #459 on: March 12, 2013, 01:30:40 pm »

Fuck off, already.

you go fuck off.  If it isn't entertaining I won't watch it.  It isn't fairweather. I am there to be entertained.  I can watch football instead.  I went back to being a baseball fan last season. Hadn't been a fan since the early 90's when I first became a huge caps fan.  Last season was too boring.  So baseball got me back.  And the Orioles happened to have a winning season so that was a plus for me.

And winning hockey is not entertaining.  End to end action 80's style hockey is exciting.  I don't care if they win if I fall asleep.  And you have some sort of problem. there is no reason to get upset about this.   You might need to see a psycologist.
So, if the Caps went 0-82 but scored 4 goals a game, you'd be entertained and happy with that? You're amazing. Seriously. I admire you.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #460 on: March 12, 2013, 04:21:14 pm »

Fuck off, already.

So, if the Caps went 0-82 but scored 4 goals a game, you'd be entertained and happy with that? You're amazing. Seriously. I admire you.

If they had a bunch of rookies who were improving their game and they were playing exciting hockey then yeah I would be more likely to watch then a Dale Hunter led team even if hunter led team won championship.  It is about entertainment.  And there are 82 games plus a post-season.  I can't be expected to watch something that boring.  too many alternatives out there. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #461 on: March 12, 2013, 04:59:38 pm »
So, what is the entertainment and the best possible outcome of sports? Solid effort? A team who busts their ass and never wins a championship? Not winning is failing. You're totally fine with watching failure so long as there is effort? And you choose that over a championship?

If the Caps backed into the playoffs because 9 other teams lost, and they went to 7 games in all of their series and went into triple overtime and WON the championship, I would enjoy it way more than watching them win the presidents cup and nothing else. You're an insane person if you choose ANYTHING else in sports over a championship. There is NOTHING you can say that TRUMPS WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP IN ANY SPORT. Nothing. Not one. Nothing. NOTHING. The only thing better, is winning another one, and then more. That's it.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #462 on: March 12, 2013, 05:06:04 pm »
So, what is the entertainment and the best possible outcome of sports? Solid effort? A team who busts their ass and never wins a championship? Not winning is failing. You're totally fine with watching failure so long as there is effort? And you choose that over a championship?

If the Caps backed into the playoffs because 9 other teams lost, and they went to 7 games in all of their series and went into triple overtime and WON the championship, I would enjoy it way more than watching them win the presidents cup and nothing else. You're an insane person if you choose ANYTHING else in sports over a championship. There is NOTHING you can say that TRUMPS WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP IN ANY SPORT. Nothing. Not one. Nothing. NOTHING. The only thing better, is winning another one, and then more. That's it.

well that is if you can stand watching the season and still be a fan.  If championships are so important why doesn't DC united have a ton of fans they have won 4 championships and the capitals zero.  Why do you even watch them as they have never won the one thing that is important to you.   My favorite capital season was Bruce's first with the team.  They didn't even win a playoff series but it was still the best season.  And why do you tell me what the best thing is?  It is my opinion. I pay money to be entertained.  You can spend your money on whatever stupid thing you want. 

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #463 on: March 12, 2013, 05:14:44 pm »
It was either Bruce or Ovie and there's no way Ovie was going anywhere.

Look where that got us.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #464 on: March 13, 2013, 09:42:02 am »

well that is if you can stand watching the season and still be a fan.  If championships are so important why doesn't DC united have a ton of fans they have won 4 championships and the capitals zero.  Why do you even watch them as they have never won the one thing that is important to you.   My favorite capital season was Bruce's first with the team.  They didn't even win a playoff series but it was still the best season.  And why do you tell me what the best thing is?  It is my opinion. I pay money to be entertained.  You can spend your money on whatever stupid thing you want. 
No one cares about the MLS, that's why.

I'll spend my money on the Redskins and see them win a Super Bowl every year, Nationals with the Pennant every year, Capitals win the Cup every year, and the Wziards win a championship every year and be happy rather than seeing them go to the first round of the playoffs and not win shit and spend money and be happy. That's fucking stupid. You're stupid. Your opinion is flaming with stupidity. BUT, you're entitled to it, and that is totally fine. Even if I think it is the flagship of stupidity.
‼‼?‼‼