Author Topic: For All You Caps Fans  (Read 107302 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: For All You Caps Fans
« Reply #480 on: April 08, 2013, 01:50:03 pm »
I wouldn't shelf Holtby for Miller and get rid of Neuvy? Holtby gets better the more and more he plays, he's proven it. I don't think he's BETTER than Miller, but I'm glad that didn't come to fruition...
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #481 on: April 09, 2013, 12:24:20 pm »
I still think the Caps should have been sellers and not buyers at deadline.   The line-up for tonights game looks pretty weak.  It will be a good test to play a real team after all the games against the Southeast.  Something to think about is next year they will be a new division and will face better teams.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #482 on: April 09, 2013, 01:34:28 pm »
It's going to look weak when Brooks and Erat are out. They played 1 1/2 games with their full line-up this year and have still clawed their way back into first place. This team can still contend and they're showing that. Ovi is on a fucking tear right now. Last week was not the time to tap out. 7 goals, 9 points last week? Monster. MONSTER. A washed up monster.
‼‼?‼‼

shemptiness

« Reply #483 on: April 24, 2013, 09:15:26 pm »

atomicfront

« Reply #484 on: April 25, 2013, 09:44:48 am »

Yeah I saw that during the game.  I believe he was thinking: "I get to keep my job another year!!!!"

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #485 on: April 25, 2013, 10:23:18 am »
He would have probably kept it another year anyway. Lock-out shortened season? 3rd coach in a year and a half? 3rd system? Come on.

I bought tickets to go to the Leafs game last week instead of the Jets game on Tuesday. Then bought tickets to the Nats game. What a huge fuck you to myself. Still stoked! I got into the car after the Nats game and got to hear the end of the game.

Sincerely hope we don't have to face the Senators.....
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #486 on: April 30, 2013, 02:44:24 pm »
Caps/Rangers?

I'm so happy we made it into the playoffs, but I fucking HATE the Rangers. Why. WHY!? I guess I'll just be happy we don't have to play the Sens.

Everyone saying Caps in 7. I swear I've heard that same thing a million times. Didn't we wipe these turds out in 5 games a couple years back [granted, that was 2 years ago]? Aren't they injury riddled? And I don't give 2 squirts of piss about Lunqvist. So sick of this team. I hope we crush them into non-existence. GO CAPS!!!
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #487 on: May 06, 2013, 12:01:12 pm »
Who thinks we're going to take the commanding lead tonight?

That Lunqvist is a tough cookie to crack. We can't keep passing whenever he's clearly beat. I hope they work on that for tonight. Rangers beat Holtby but rang the post a couple times [I think it's 4 total in the series now] those shots are going to find the back of the net at some point. I love the aggresiveness, but they need to stop hesitating. That fake from Ribs to Greeny was the perfect example. Everyone bit on the fake and Green launches a heater right passed Henrik. Fuck that guy. I hope we smash them hard at home.
‼‼?‼‼

shemptiness

« Reply #488 on: May 06, 2013, 01:15:00 pm »
Who thinks we're going to take the commanding lead tonight?

That Lunqvist is a tough cookie to crack. We can't keep passing whenever he's clearly beat. I hope they work on that for tonight. Rangers beat Holtby but rang the post a couple times [I think it's 4 total in the series now] those shots are going to find the back of the net at some point. I love the aggresiveness, but they need to stop hesitating. That fake from Ribs to Greeny was the perfect example. Everyone bit on the fake and Green launches a heater right passed Henrik. Fuck that guy. I hope we smash them hard at home.

First off you crack a nut; you don't crack a cookie.

Secondly you say they need to stop hesitating (which I agree with btw - Shoot the puck!) but then cite, as an example, a play where the fake worked perfectly.  Rangers D-man dropped to the ice to block a shot that never came.  And Green scored.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #489 on: May 06, 2013, 01:49:27 pm »
My point was that Ovi would pass it to Mojo or Nicky and they had Henrik completely beat and they would try to pass it instead. The point was when you're set up the way Ribs set up Green, SHOOT THE PUCK! Not the way Ovi was setting up Nicki and Mojo and they optioned to pass it instead. If he puts the rubber to your stick, fucking shoot it! Holtby is ice cold. One poop goal off our own player is all he's allowed. Hunter preached defense, yet this "offensive" style that Oates instilled still has great defense attached to it, no shots in the final 17+ minutes for the Rags!? That's insane!

Cookies can be hard, and then you have to crack it. But, you get my point. tough cookie, hard nut to crack, it's the internet.

Anyone know what Duffy's specials for the Caps games are?
‼‼?‼‼

shemptiness

« Reply #490 on: May 06, 2013, 03:15:26 pm »
Not sure about drink specials, but isn't their kitchen closed on Mondays?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #491 on: May 06, 2013, 03:51:44 pm »
No idea, I was gonna head there on Wednesday with some buds. I went for a game earlier this year and they had evan williams on special. it was a long night.

Go Caps!!!
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #492 on: May 09, 2013, 12:43:25 pm »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #493 on: May 09, 2013, 02:10:46 pm »
God damn it that goal pissed me off.

God damn it that gif is hilarious.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #494 on: May 13, 2013, 10:48:45 pm »
Watched the second period tonight.  The Caps totally suck.  The trade of Forsberg will come back to haunt them.  This team is the worst and next year when they aren't playing in the Southleast they will be anhilated.  Good job GMGM