Author Topic: Hipster Fight!!!!  (Read 27078 times)

Firebutt McGee

Hipster Fight!!!!
« on: September 26, 2009, 09:45:12 am »
Hahahhaahahahaha, so...apparently the douche from Black Lips and the jerk from Wavves got into a tizzy at this hipster bar, Daddy's, in Williamsburg and let's just say Black Lips dude "won".

It's super funny to me, because Black Lips guy said this about Wavves douche like three months ago:

?A friend of mine gave him MDMA (ecstasy), and he just couldn?t take it. It wasn?t so much of a breakdown as it was him being a baby. And that?s why I don?t like him. I?ve heard stories from others that he?s like a real dick. And just like a baby, thought he was really cool. But then when it came down to it, when the pressure came on he just couldn?t take the heat. Some people can?t do this. That?s cowardly to me. If you?re gonna do this, you put your all into it. Otherwise, just stay at home. He?s like a little puppy. There?s so many people that would wanna be doing that: being able to get flown over to Europe, and have people like your records and buying them. And then just blow it on your first show in Europe? someone like that needs to not do this. He needs to go back to school or move back in with his parents and sit down and think about things. He shouldn?t play music. He shouldn?t tour.?

Beef transcends genres, apparently. I love that I got four different texts about this after the YYYs show last night.

"Nathan from Wavves is bleeding outside of my building. Got his ass kicked at Daddy's."

"WHY IS WAVVES FIGHTING JARED FROM THE BLACK LIPS?"

"Who is Wavves and why is he fighting the guy from that shitty band at Daddy's?"

"Hipster fiiiiiiiiiight."

--

None of my douchey friends got video. I hope this makes Brooklyn Vegan or Pitchfork. It's like the new Vibe / XXL.
Woof.

azaghal1981

Re: Hipster Fight!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 09:49:01 am »
AWESOME!

I guess this makes for a good reason to go to his show at RNR Hotel now.

"You got laid out by Black Lips dude! And on top of that,  your music sucks!"
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 09:56:28 am »
POTFM  and thus cementing ixkpd-bk place as forumite of the year
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 10:09:58 am »
Few comments about it here.
احمد

andyrichter

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 10:42:51 am »
I thought you were talking about the 2 hipsters ready to brawl over karen o's towel at the yyy's show last night.  ;D

teepo

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 11:09:19 am »

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 11:15:48 am »
I thought you were talking about the 2 hipsters ready to brawl over karen o's towel at the yyy's show last night.  ;D

I want this thread to encompass all kinds of hipster brawls! Give us your account of what happened!

Here are said friends Twitter recaps:

http://twitter.com/PopJew

http://twitter.com/shamefortune

Pretty amazing stuff!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 11:18:35 am by ixkpd-bk »
Woof.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 11:27:56 am »
sounds like the Hipster show review bingo card needs a little updating...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 11:55:11 am »
let's make this thread a place for all things hipster craptastic....

releasing crappy sounding indie records on a a crappy sounding format makes perfect sense to me....

http://nymag.com/arts/popmusic/features/59222/

Let?s Go to the Audiotape
A Brooklyn label so retro it releases cassettes.

You have not heard the bands distributed by local independent record label Woodsist?home to such acts as Ganglians, Blank Dogs, and Psychedelic Horseshit?in that new iPod commercial. David Bowie and David Byrne have not become backstage fixtures at their shows. Pharrell, to date, has no interest in remixing their music. This is not that kind of Brooklyn-indie-rock success story. Instead, the scene that has grown around Woodsist?run single-handedly by Jeremy Earl, the reticent front man of the label?s default flagship band, Woods?has been refreshingly retro. ?I kinda just put out whatever bands I?m digging,? Earl says of his label, which, in addition to releasing vinyl and CDs, has a cassette-only arm called Fuck It Tapes.

blah blah blah
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 12:03:32 pm »
There's actually a bunch of good stuff on that label. It's just too bad they decided to unleash a virus like Wavves on the world.
احمد

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 01:12:38 pm »
I would love for nothing more than to put an extra consonant in everything.

New Yorrk.
Madonnna.
Vulvva.
Woof.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 01:28:08 pm »
Maybe we could start a rumour the wavves dude is a closet weezer fananntic, in order to realy bllow his crred...   
T.Rex

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 01:35:00 pm »
POTFM  and thus cementing ixkpd-bk place as forumite of the year

Agreed. Then again, was there ever any doubt? It's kind of like the horse that's leading by a long stretch just embarrasing the rest of us by kicking ass and gaining that much more of a lead. We eat ixkpd-bk's dust!

Also, this thread has the potential of being the thread of the year.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 01:45:28 pm »

azaghal1981

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 01:45:57 pm »
Maybe we could start a rumour the wavves dude is a closet weezer fananntic, in order to realy bllow his crred...   

He's been doing a good enough job of blowing his cred on his own.
احمد